[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

I saw that review! lmao

Those same reviewers didn't seem to be too upset that Dany is staying in Slaver's Bay either. "Slaver's Bay ... that's a thing the show made up, right?" And one of the reviewers has read the books and tried not to laugh and told them that was the name of the region.

One of the guys also made the comment of "I wonder who is going to go out that moon door?" And again ... book reader tried to keep a straight face and deflect the conversation. :D

From what I can gather, the unsullied generally really liked the episode. It's only us book readers who are nitpicking.

Hi, all!

.BF just loves the show but has no patience for thousand-page novels. He couldn't for the life of him recall why the Hound was on Arya's kill list---yet he said he figured Bran was gonna meet up with a religious figure represented by the 3-eyed crow, learn some mystical tricks, & save the whole world while Dany & Jon were still trying to decide what the hell they were even doing. I thought that was rather astute of him. Altho of course we don't really know what impact Bloodraven & the Children will actually have, quite yet.

Hi, all!

.BF just loves the show but has no patience for thousand-page novels. He couldn't for the life of him recall why the Hound was on Arya's kill list---yet he said he figured Bran was gonna meet up with a religious figure represented by the 3-eyed crow, learn some mystical tricks, & save the whole world while Dany & Jon were still trying to decide what the hell they were even doing. I thought that was rather astute of him. Altho of course we don't really know what impact Bloodraven & the Children will actually have, quite yet.

Sorry for the DP!

From a review I watch:

Unsullied: Who's that blonde guy with syphilis?

Reader: Syphilis?

Unsullied: Oh, epilepsy. Same thing.

Reader: Jojen...

Unsullied: He has jojen?

Reader: His name is Jojen.

Unsullied: Well him and his girlfriend...

Reader: Meera, she is his sister

Unsullied. Its GoT. Same thing.

LOL, link to the review please, this sounds hilarious.

I saw that review! lmao

Those same reviewers didn't seem to be too upset that Dany is staying in Slaver's Bay either. "Slaver's Bay ... that's a thing the show made up, right?" And one of the reviewers has read the books and tried not to laugh and told them that was the name of the region.

One of the guys also made the comment of "I wonder who is going to go out that moon door?" And again ... book reader tried to keep a straight face and deflect the conversation. :D

From what I can gather, the unsullied generally really liked the episode. It's only us book readers who are nitpicking.

I also watch those reviews. I like it because it let's me see what the Unsullied who really enjoy the show think about it, and their insights are pretty good. One of them recently came up with the theory that Jon Snow is the son of Elia and Ned. Like, two steps away from R+L=J.

The Unsullied I watch with are not as interested in the series as I am, and they tend to forget people and miss a lot.

An unsullied colleague was shocked and bummed out that Daenarys wasn't getting on those 96 ships, like immediately, heading straight to Westeros

Aaah those Unsullied and their naive ways.... :cool4:

It was a very strange deviation for the show to make... In the books, Dany has no ships at this point, which is one of the main reasons she kind of has to stay in Meereen; if she marches, she risks losing a large number of her people, which just isn't feasible when she only has 10,000 soldiers (particularly as the 2,000 sellswords she has would deteriorate rapidly on an unpaid march down the Demon Road).

Maybe the showrunners thought people would be more interested in Dany's reign of Meereen if she has the power to leave whenever she wants... Her powerlessness is frustrating in the books, but it's mostly to set up the arrival of the Ironborn and Tyrion, and Dany's eventual taming of Drogon and reunion with the Dothraki. Having 93 ships seriously undermines those plot developments, and completely rejects the possibility of a siege of Meereen (which was already in danger after her season 2 storyline saw the deaths of all the members of the Qartheen government).

I wonder how long it will take Unsullied to recognize the difficulty in controlling dragons, and the possibility of "warging" them.

I still feel like that is going to become key to controlling the dragons in one way or the other. :)

I wonder how long it will take Unsullied to recognize the difficulty in controlling dragons, and the possibility of "warging" them.

I still feel like that is going to become key to controlling the dragons in one way or the other. :)

I think the 'difficulty in controlling dragons' thing will be coming up during this the rest of the season. I have long suspected that one of the meanings for the title 'Children' would be referring to Dany's struggles with her children.

just got 2 new ones...

- Bran will warg the Nights King and use him to destroy the WW

- Sansa will very soon kill herself

i suppose second one isnt too far out there...if Lysa had made it, she might have made Sansa's life even more miserable

you know what bugs me though...none of the unsullied are thinking about why Bran is the only Stark to have warging abilities. When i tried to bring it up randomly to ask a friend if he's ever wondered how come Bran has these abilities, like where could he have gotten them from...he paused for a moment...then

"well the Targs must have some magic, it would make sense that they needed some warging ability to control dragons, so Bran could be a Targ!! OMG!!"

:bang: my last attempt at trying to get an Unsullied to think beyond what they have showed so far

you know what bugs me though...none of the unsullied are thinking about why Bran is the only Stark to have warging abilities.

Have seen a discussion by an Unsullied who noted "Sansa is the only one of the Starks who has lost her 'spirit animal'."

I am hoping for Arya to have a wold-dream at the end of this season so the penny may drop. The show might suppress it though - and make it a bigger reveal for another certain incident that happens later.

Archived