Karl Tanner and Locke Appreciation thread (Show Spoilers)

I'm just disappointed they barely showed Ghost mauling Rast, but yeah, budget. Not nearly as good as Summer tearing out the assassin's throat in Season One.

That seems to be what they always do with the direwolves now. Show them leaping onto a victim and sometimes a quick shot of them tearing at the throat.

But I bet we'll get a better show of the dragons killing things and people.

I would rather watch the Direwolves being badass over the Dragons. Dragons are so cartoonish.

Also, since they never showed Hodor busting Ghost free, I'm just going to believe that Ghost was screwing with them the whole time and could have torn down those puny wood spikes any time he wanted to.

Taylor and Gorman were both completely golden in their presentations, they have such talent and I'm definitely sad to say goodbye. Especially to Locke, like everyone said his story was building in such potential but it just ended like "welp...meh" :(

Also, since they never showed Hodor busting Ghost free, I'm just going to believe that Ghost was screwing with them the whole time and could have torn down those puny wood spikes any time he wanted to.

Of course he could. :) Ghost is the lollygagger of the Direwolves, as evidenced by his long stretches of absence from the show.

He can do more, but he can't be bothered. Ghost keeps his own schedule, man. Even when he was BORN he was far away from his siblings, off doing his own thing. :)

Bran made the innocent Hodor kill a man with his own hands and Hodor looks very disturbed after realising what he did.

Yeah, that scene was awesome. Glad to see that they are showing the disturbing implications behind human warging.

However, I did like the irony behind Bran serving justice to the man who crippled the man who crippled him (Jaime). Oh, Karma does have a twisted sense of humour!

I hadn't even thought about that yet. Great catch.

Personally, I found both deaths to be very satisfying, particularly what with one of Craster's wives helping to kill Karl.

While I was a little disappointed that Locke left us too soon, still liked the head snap and the implication of Bran warging into Hodor. That shot of Hodor looking at the blood on his hands was pretty powerful stuff.

Karl's demise was fucking awesome though. Sorry Sandor/Beric fans, for me this was the best fight of the series thus far.

Karl's demise was suitably long and intense.

However, I kinda wish it hadn't involved one of Craster's daughters, but maybe rather Jon Snow showing he's learned a thing or two about fighting dirty, a bit of wildling style or Stark rage or something.

As for Locke, I see where they were (are?) going with it, but neck-snapped by a possessed Hodor? Weird and a bit anti-climactic. I had hoped Locke would be around longer, and die a bit harder or even escape from this situation. (Guess that's too much to ask, though, since he was there to kill Bran and was not about to leave the job undone)

As for Rast, I kinda knew he'd be killed that way, but I figured it would be later on.

I'm really surprised they built up the whole story of having Locke go all the way up there with Jon and the Night's Watch to have him ended so quickly at the hands of Hodor warged by Bran. I seriously thought there would be some sort of confrontation where Jon realizes (belatedly after they've run off) that Locke deceived him purposely (lying about the dogs in the hut) and the real truth of Locke's mission would come out and then Jon would kill him or something. I wasn't expecting Locke to go that quickly even though I never shipped the whole theory of him becoming Bowen Marsh later. I guess they just wanted to work the viewers up about Roose Bolton 'almost' getting ahold of one of the Stark kids and give them a hero moment with Hodor going Hulk mode to snap his neck. It also served the purpose of showing what happens when you warg another human and how that's not so cool - poor Hodor.

As for Karl, he got what was coming to him and I'm glad they gave him such an epic fight scene with Jon, that was really awesome. The actor they had for him was spot on creepy and a really good fighter. Here I thought he was just boasting about all that skill but he was great - kudos to the focking legend of Gin Alley.

Jon vs Karl was awesome. Burn Gorman's moves with the knives looked really damned cool. Totally bought that character as being this sickly dangerous back alley cutthroat.

Locke was wasted potential. I was disappointed with how that whole situation played out.

I'll miss Locke. Fantastic character. Karl I could take or leave. Too cartooney. The fight with Jon was meh and the fatality at the end laughably cheesy.

(Gorman will always be Qyburn in my head-canon)

Whoa -- this never occurred to me but it would have been focking great!

Archived