[BOOK SPOILERS] Ser Jorah

That is a good point but I can't see another reasonable way for Dany to discover his treason. It was clearly stated that Barristan was not present during council meetings in the show so he they can't go the same way as in the books. Actually another way could be some warning from Quaithe. But there would be no real reason for Dany to trust her. They didn't meet in the show, did they? If I remember correctly she only spoke to Jorah.

I try to block out the Qarth storyline but no, Quaite didn't come to Dany.

Speaking of changes, we never got the scene where Jorah kisses Dany.

They saving that for the real motivation of her exiling him.

I kinda have the feeling she's going to be all smitten about Daario and then, Jorah tries to tell her she shouldn't trust him. Then, he kisses her and that's the excuse she needed to send him away, after some minor thing he could have done.

They did it to Barristan though

Yeah but he's old.

Also didn't Barristan say something to Jorah last season alluding to the fact that he knew about Jorah's sending information? At least it was implied.. Barristan looked to be a little peeved/gave Jorah a look when KHALEESI / BREAKER OF CHAINS asked everyone to leave except Ser jorah.. Now Barry isn't one to throw someone under the bus even if people are being burned alive but still could be something to that.

Obviously Ian Glen is too awesome and smooth to be banished. He might not be banished at all. I wouldn't care, the guy's awesome; he just needs screen-time, that's all. But yeah, they've already made it clear Barristan can't be the one to snitch on him, and he's in pretty deep with Dany at this point, so I'm really worried they're gonna half-ass his pseudo-betrayal. I dunno if it'll happen or when, but if it does it better be good and realistic.

Brienne just brought up Jorah being a slaver this episode, it will happen

Did this really happen? I don't remember it. Why would Brienne from Tarth know about a Northern lord being a slaver or bring it up in conversation with Pod, who was the only character in her scenes this episode?

They saving that for the real motivation of her exiling him.

I kinda have the feeling she's going to be all smitten about Daario and then, Jorah tries to tell her she shouldn't trust him. Then, he kisses her and that's the excuse she needed to send him away, after some minor thing he could have done.

I agree with this.

Maybe her refusal of the kiss will instigate him yelling something how's he's been loyal to her the longest, Barristan says no Jorah hasn't and reveals Jorah's letters to Varys, boom exiled.

I've just realised something...

spoiler for Dance

Maybe Jorah still communicates with Varys because he knows or thinks Varys now actually wants or intends to help her, a way for us to know that Varys is up to and preparing us for the next season when Aegon will be known. Dany obviously, doesn't believe him. Or maybe Jorah only knows part of it. He knows he's helping but he doesn't know how.

They've been laying the groundwork for it. I'm guessing they'll want to save it for the final episode, so there's a culmination of things beginning to crumble for Dany - Hazzea's death, chaining of dragons, and Jorah's betrayal and banishment. Rather than a victorious season ending for Dany, it will be quite the opposite to what's expected.

Besides, there's a shot in one of the season previews (perhaps the Foreshadowing) where Jorah's standing at the foot of the throne while Dany, Barristan and Grey Worm all look down on him. I'll eat my hat if that isn't the scene.

Next weeks preview shows how Tywin and the small council discuss that Dany is staying at Mereen. So Jorah is propably still sending letters to Varys. I guess that Ser Barristan somehow catches him while writing/sending one and reveals it to Dany.

That would be a stupid move for HBO to be doing.

Jorah from the books stops doing this at Qaarth with the reports to Varys because his perception of Dany changes. Jorah in the books is a much more darker, difficult and problem character in Danys arc; he is also much more questioning of her as a leader. Plus, in the books it takes longer for him to be truly in love with Dany.

There is NO character motivation for show Jorah to still be sending reports to Varys. It would make no sense whatsoever. He is clearly 100% on Danys side and they have made no effort since season 1 to shy away from that; with no indications as to why he would continue sending reports. Basically it would be super contrived and the only reason they would do this is give Dany a better reason to exile him.

They've been laying the groundwork for it. I'm guessing they'll want to save it for the final episode, so there's a culmination of things beginning to crumble for Dany - Hazzea's death, chaining of dragons, and Jorah's betrayal and banishment. Rather than a victorious season ending for Dany, it will be quite the opposite to what's expected.

Besides, there's a shot in one of the season previews (perhaps the Foreshadowing) where Jorah's standing at the foot of the throne while Dany, Barristan and Grey Worm all look down on him. I'll eat my hat if that isn't the scene.

I doubt its that scene because you see it from a different angle and Danys face almost looks amused. Plus, if she knew he was a spy then he would be in chains or restrained in some way. They would not be letting him walk about none the worse for wear.

Maybe he is in the shit for some other reason.

This is a good debate and I've seen compelling arguments both ways as to whether or not Jorah will be banished. I think they would have to get rid of him eventually somehow because he has to end up meeting Tyrion down the road - that seems like a pretty important part of his story as well as Tyrion's, no?

As for whether or not he's still spying on Dany in the show, I say no way. Yes, he already received a 'pardon' and he's clearly 100% in Dany's camp and has been for a long time. The only thing I can think of is that belated word gets to Dany that he WAS spying on her to King's Landing later on at some point and she banishes him for betraying her even though he's been loyal to her ever since. Dany won't forget or forgive him.

Lastly, it's funny how he was 'spying' on her to Varys but isn't Varys actually on the Targaryen side anyways? I mean the guy helps Tyrion get to Pentosh and Illyrio and then has him going to find Dany anyways so when it all comes full circle, that 'spying' was actually to Dany's benefit anyways wasn't it?

BTW was I the only thought Jorah might end up kissing Dany when she asked to be alone with him.

Obviously that scene is about stressing that Jorah is in Danys confidence and losing her closest advisor would be a big personal and literal blow.

Archived