{Book Spoilers} Cersei the Judicial Manipulator Appreciation Thread

JonDunn

Um, no. Cersei was, and is indeed whitewashed. In the show, she never tries to have Robert's bastards killed (It doesn't even make sense why Joffrey would care about Robert's bastards), she never sent Mandon Moore after Tyrion, she's far nicer to Sansa, she says she's shocked by what Joffrey did, and her relationship with Tyrion is less antagonistic. But to be fair, Tyrion is also whitewashed, and Joffrey was made a lot more evil (I personally dislike both changes).

+1

Um, no. Cersei was, and is indeed whitewashed. In the show, she never tries to have Robert's bastards killed (It doesn't even make sense why Joffrey would care about Robert's bastards), she never sent Mandon Moore after Tyrion,

Cersei was behind it in the books? That is definite?

Um, no. Cersei was, and is indeed whitewashed. In the show, she never tries to have Robert's bastards killed (It doesn't even make sense why Joffrey would care about Robert's bastards), she never sent Mandon Moore after Tyrion,

Really ? seems to me Cersei never denied those accusations, just stayed silent and let Tyrion draw his own conclusions.

Really ? seems to me Cersei never denied those accusations, just stayed silent and let Tyrion draw his own conclusions.

That's what I thought. Seems the producers confirm certain things that are only hinted at in the books, due to the nature of the medium.

Really ? seems to me Cersei never denied those accusations, just stayed silent and let Tyrion draw his own conclusions

She said that 'Joffrey did what needed to be done' in regards to the bastards. And the producers said they changed the scene and gave the crime to Joffrey (stupid right?).

Cersei was behind it in the books? That is definite?

Neither are confirmed in the books. With the bastard killing, it makes sense for Cersei to be behind it, and I don't see how anyone else would benefit from it. People argue that she never talks about either actions in her POV, but she also never mentions other important actions from aGoT to aSoS, such as Tyrion's threat towards Tommen, and his assault of her during the same scene.

Her involvement with Ser Mandon Moore's attempt on Tyrion's life during the Battle of Blackwater is more vague, however.

I loved Cersei's scenes last episode! To me she was using kernels of real emotion as playing cards. If you're being manipulative, it's easier to sound sincere when they're a little truth mixed in. Also, Tyrion's death seems to be the one thing she'll swallow her pride and play nice to accomplish. When she played the "dutiful lady," Tywin even opened up to her about the realm's finances and Oberyn and Margaery seemed unsure of what to do. If she'd gone that route way earlier, maybe she could've manipulated her way into much more authority. This isn't a "the story shoulda been written different" comment, just an observation how Cersei, as a person, really wasted and misused her potential.

I loved Cersei's scenes last episode! To me she was using kernels of real emotion as playing cards. If you're being manipulative, it's easier to sound sincere when they're a little truth mixed in. Also, Tyrion's death seems to be the one thing she'll swallow her pride and play nice to accomplish. When she played the "dutiful lady," Tywin even opened up to her about the realm's finances and Oberyn and Margaery seemed unsure of what to do. If she'd gone that route way earlier, maybe she could've manipulated her way into much more authority. This isn't a "the story shoulda been written different" comment, just an observation how Cersei, as a person, really wasted and misused her potential.

I definitely agree, of course Cersei has her stupid moments but I like this idea of showing some low cunning as well.

Archived