Tattoo Party in LA

We have confirmation from Parris (still awaiting confirmation from Worldcon scheduling but they didn't see a problem with changing it to Friday) that GRRM can do the the chess match on Friday at 2pm.

Problem is this might conflict with the appointment to get tats at 11am. Do you all think you will be finished before 2pm? If not, is there a way to get this changed to another time or another day without losing the deposit?

By the way, I am in as long as it doesn't conflict with other obligations and coordinating efforts for the parties and chess match.

BH

Awesome BH :D

We don't have confirmation yet of what time slot we have booked yet. They're open 11am-11pm so possibly people doing the chess match can get in for theirs before the match and afterwards?

We will have 3 hours before the match and the tattoo shop is a 10 minute drive away from the convention centre. There could be enough time depending on how many artists they have working and how long each tattoo will take.

The other problem is that George is doing a reading at 11 :/ I know we'll lose a couple people (not even sure about myself at this point) if we go at 11.

Great news about the chess match overall however... I have no idea where Lany is with the reserving of timeframes.

Well... for me at least its easy. I paid a deposit, I'm not losing said deposit. So I'm getting a tattoo. On Friday.

I'll do the 11:00 if it comes right down to it. I've heard George read before and I'm sick to death of spoilers :)

ouch. called the tattoo shop. we're scheduled from 3 - 8pm

ideas?:)

I am still not 100% sure about the tat. I have sent money to Lany, which I fully expect and want her to keep even in the event that I chicken out. I still need to see how I feel about things. If I say "yes" then I get chickeny.. if I say "no" then I really want to do it. I know.. I am such a waffler. :blush:

Lacy

Actually, thats not terribly bad news. The chess match lasts 2 hours. So, those that are in the match will just need to show up after its done.

That was my thought, but if there are people NOT in the chess match, they should go over there first to make sure that we have someone there at 3. I don't want to lose the spot for everyone. Or, we see if we can change our start time to 4.

Yeah, that's my concern, I may need to volunteer to do something rather than decorate, and the choices that were left were less than good. :/ Unless we're only doing that for the open party.

okay 3pm-wise: 3 people on the confirmed tattoo list aren't chess pieces: LacyB, GhostsCompanion, and Xray surly if we could get them to go first we'd be ok? they would tak an hour all together I would think.

Also as chess pieces. If we get taken, do we have to stay throughout the match? Like if I got taken could I just run off? :)

What time does the BwB party start that evening?

I believe its scheduled for 8pm.

Also as chess pieces. If we get taken, do we have to stay throughout the match? Like if I got taken could I just run off? :)

You could, but we want to make sure we get a group photo of all the people in the chess match with GRRM and his opponent. Not sure if GRRM will have time before to do this or not. Kinda playing it by ear.

BH

Archived