(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

She don't speak. You bloody bastards cut her throat too deep for that. But she remembers.

Do any of you guys think that Stoneheart is going to show up at the end of Episode 10 this season? She gets resurrected right at the end of the book, so I figure that the season will end with Beric and the BWB finding her body, and bringing her back and her scene will basically end like a cliffhanger with Merrett Frey being hanged. Personally, it would be awesome, and would be an absolute shocker for non-readers to find out the you-know-who is back. I got excited when I noticed that Beric is supposed to return this season, hopefully it is still Richard Dormer who did a fabulous job as Beric in the past season.

Any thoughts, opinions? :eek:

I sincerely hope LS reveal is end of ep10 this season. i dont think they'll show her resurrection just the merrett frey scene. But there hasn't been anything on the show yet, like circulating rumours of LS. if not this season i think LS will turn up in season 5 with Brienne

my assumption is that brienne and pod will be captured by the BWB at the end of this season...so we dont have her resurrection and we wont have her hanging a frey either, but we will have her confronting brienne. this also means the brienne story will be very rushed

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of expected to be hearing all season (through small council meetings, other dialogue, etc) about how the BWB has been hanging Frey's all over the Riverlands, preparing the audience for the big reveal in 4.10. But everything's been pretty quiet. :(

Still crossing my fingers for her appearance!

my assumption is that brienne and pod will be captured by the BWB at the end of this season...so we dont have her resurrection and we wont have her hanging a frey either, but we will have her confronting brienne. this also means the brienne story will be very rushed

Agreed. This seems to be the most likely scenario. Either way, I certainly hope that we get to see her in ep. 10 (possibly even in the last scene).

This is a very timely thread.

I think there have been hints, like Sansa saying that her mother's body was thrown in the river and just recently in "Mockingbird" when Brienne was told about the BWB by Hot Pie. Though Brienne and Pod didn't show up in the promo, the recap or the production photos I hope that they feature in "the Mountain and the Viper" otherwise I'd be worried about the LSH/BWB stuff being a tad rushed in episode ten "the Children".

I once gathered all the clues/hints and that was before Michelle did an interview where after they asked her if she will be in the show as LS she was all like 'I can't say anything'.

Here it is - http://littlesati.tumblr.com/post/85738100673/lady-stoneheart-clues-a-post-for-you-to-check-out (t's tumblr so disregard the sass:P)

In addition - I was thinking how awesome it would be if they had Nymeria by her side in the show. I was kinda thinking how great it would be to set up hints - Brienne hearing of a Stark with BWB, or at least someone with direwolves. Of course they totally wasted the inn scene they could at least mention some hanged Freys.

I unfortunately think the Brienne thing will be rushed - it seems to me she is not in ep.8, but I hope I'm wrong.

I think it will go like this - Brienne is captured along with Pod while fighting someone somewhere close to the beginning of ep.10. Then in the end Thoros explains the whole deal - 'she don't speak' / as the connection to the title he could say something about her wanting revenge for her children. She comes near Bienne, we see astonished/scared Brienne and Catelyn lowers her hood.

I really hope it's the final moment - it's the perfect cliffhanger, one that is so fantastic given what the opening of season was, especially if they do include Nymeria.

I also hope they do make her look scary - there are no scratches but hopefully they will do something freaky with her eyes and destroy her beautiful hair.

I think too much time has passed for the BWB to find her in episode 10 and that when we meet her again, she'll already have established herself with them. When Hot Pie told Brienne and Pod about the BWB in "Mockingbird" I got super excited thinking yes, it's happening. I was losing hope, thinking Jaime has to leave KL first and Brienne and Pod have a lot more ground to cover, though it looks like they're skipping a lot of that.

Honestly I think the lack of anyone mentioning hanged Freys and other hints from the books was done on purpose simply because they know book readers are going to pick up on these things, and they want us to be surprised too. I don't care about the lack of hints any more, I just want her included in the show. I would be so happy if she closes the season.

I think they'll go with the whole Merrett scene, for example him talking to himself about always being the short strawed Frey then BOOM LADY STONEHEART, purely because D&D just won't have time for Brienne's arc in the next two episodes in my opinion. Maybe her cliffhanger is fainting after being eaten in episode ten.

I reckon they'll spin her story out over about a season like Arya and the Hound, because the show is known for it's brilliant pairing, like the mentioned, Jorah and Dany, Tyrion and Bronn, and Tywin and Olenna- Brienne and Pod has already been awesome., it also draws similarities between Brienne and Arya, one of whom she's searching for.

I would expect them to save LS for next season. As it is, they'd have to give enough context for casual viewers to remember the character from a year ago (S3E9) and then they'd have to do it all over again in season 5. LS doesn't do a lot, she signals the comeuppance for the Freys and starts Brienne vs. Jamie, both of which are plotlines for next season. (and introducing her at the beginning of S5 would neatly introduce those two plotlines).

Revealing LS now is just for shock value, and I think the season finale will be shocking enough even without that.

I think they'll go with the whole Merrett scene, for example him talking to himself about always being the short strawed Frey then BOOM LADY STONEHEART, purely because D&D just won't have time for Brienne's arc in the next two episodes in my opinion. Maybe her cliffhanger is fainting after being eaten in episode ten.

I reckon they'll spin her story out over about a season like Arya and the Hound, because the show is known for it's brilliant pairing, like the mentioned, Jorah and Dany, Tyrion and Bronn, and Tywin and Olenna- Brienne and Pod has already been awesome., it also draws similarities between Brienne and Arya, one of whom she's searching for.

I'm concerned the Merrett Frey (or other random Frey; even Black Walder and Lame Lothar would be "random" for this purpose) scene won't work on television as well as it did in the book when we could get inside his head. It'll work a lot better on television to introduce Stoneheart through Brienne.

All that has to happen is Pod and Brienne run into someone, bite off an ear, and get knocked out. In their next scene, Brienne comes to as a captive of the BwB. Thoros gives us a little spiel, Stoneheart drops her hood, cut-to-black, end of season. It can be done in one episode. I also don't think this means we're entirely losing the rest of Brienne's arc. I think we'll see some of her Feast material still make it in, but it'll happen between meeting Stoneheart and reuniting with Jaime (For instance, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I still think we might get some version of the Quiet Isle next season. I think it would be very effective for Brienne to confess her extreme doubts about choosing the sword and killing Jaime to the Elder Brother/High Sparrow if they're combined).

I would expect them to save LS for next season. As it is, they'd have to give enough context for casual viewers to remember the character from a year ago (S3E9) and then they'd have to do it all over again in season 5. LS doesn't do a lot, she signals the comeuppance for the Freys and starts Brienne vs. Jamie, both of which are plotlines for next season. (and introducing her at the beginning of S5 would neatly introduce those two plotlines).

Revealing LS now is just for shock value, and I think the season finale will be shocking enough even without that.

I don't think you're giving the Unsullied nearly enough credit. I guarantee you no one has forgotten what happened at the Red Wedding, or to whom it happened (some people are actually still angry about Ned's execution, you know!). In the season premiere, we got mention of her throat being cut and her body being dumped in the river. In a visual medium as opposed to a written medium, any more clues, like Arya warging into Nymeria, would have tipped off the Unsullied that something serious was up. Sure they could have done something like drop lines about Freys being hanged, but I don't think it's a huge problem that they didn't. Brienne's story is almost certainly building toward Stoneheart this season, especially given the Hot Pie info about the BwB.

In the season premiere, we got mention of her throat being cut and her body being dumped in the river. In a visual medium as opposed to a written medium, any more clues, like Arya warging into Nymeria, would have tipped off the Unsullied that something serious was up. Sure they could have done something like drop lines about Freys being hanged, but I don't think it's a huge problem that they didn't.

I agree, that stuff is too obvious. But I'm still nervous we didn't even get rumors of Freys being hanged or any idea what the BWB is up to at all.

I hope I'm wrong, just like when I was worried about Sansa's escape being rushed and having no agency and all that and look at her now!

I think the LS introduction will be the Brienne encounter.

If we weren't going to see them in the finale then they would have concluded Brienne/Pod's story in episode 8 (like Bolton's heading for Winterfell). Episode 10 will be jam packed with other stories (Tyrion escaping, Dany chaining dragons, Jon being elected LC, Arya leaving Westeros) so I don't think they would waste time with a reminder of Brienne and Pod, unless it is finale worthy.

Hopefully, the cliffhanger will just be the reveal of LS (lowers her hood) and not Pod/Brienne almost being hanged. It would be good if LS lowers her hood, we don't see her face first but Brienne's shocked/horrified face "It can't be!" and then the line "she don't speak, but she remembers" before cutting to (creepy and decomposed) Catelyn's face and then end credits.

Archived