(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

Well until I saw Lena Headey's heart of stones instagram I had convinced myself that D&D would be dropping Lady Stoneheart completely from the story line. I figured they know how the whole thing ends, and the major plot points for the last two books. And if LS is not particularly important to any of the major storylines then she could be dropped. Note I don;t think what we've seen/heard of her in the books so far is particularly pivotal. She's a plot device at present, which, as we've seen in the show to so far, can be replaved with a completely different plot device.

But now we have the instagram pic, and it seems Lady Stoneheart is in, and she might have a significant role to play. However, D&D may just have realised that there might be wailign and gnashing of teeth if she gets cut.

I feel like we haven't seen an on screen other-wordly occurrence in the show since the birth of Mel's shadow baby. And that was in s2. LSH would be a refreshing reminder that, btw this is still a show based on a fantasy series. Sometimes its gonna get weird.

I would really like it if Arya had a 'Nymeria dream' in the second last episode, where we see Nymeria find a dead woman by the river, yet we'd never see her face. It would be an awesome tease for readers.

Then of course, on the last episode we would have the big reveal, and the idea of having LS with Nymeria by her side s someone previously mentioned here is a wonderful one! :-)

Not to mention in interview Michelle Fairley flatly refuses to comment on LS. That to me implies confirmation. If she wasnt in she'd simply say "no", instead of "I cant comment on that "

And with that Pedro/Lena eyes photo showing up everywhere we know what a charming little accurate hint dropper she is :)

If it was going to be revealed that Arya is also a warg, it would have been done by now. They seem to be dropping that aspect completely. I imagine they will for Jon as well.

Lady Stoneheart is raised days after the Red Wedding, so if they were going to show Arya seeing her body in the river, they would have done it in episode 1 of this season.

I imagine we'll just be left with the last shot being LS and no explanation for it until Season 5.

If it was going to be revealed that Arya is also a warg, it would have been done by now.

It could still happen. They may be leaving it as a surprise for the moment. At the point where the show is, Arya's only having wolf dreams so far. I imagine that's exactly what she considers them, too. Nothing but dreams. No reason to reveal that now. But in Braavos, she unintentionally wargs the cat while blind, and informs that KM that she knows that it's him that's been hitting her. The show may wait for that point to reveal Arya's warging ability.

That IS a good point Salami. Cat's corpse would be utterly icky by now.

As to the Arya/warg thing, I see no issue as to why it will only be hinted at later on in the show. Doesn't change much in terms of the story if it is hinted at now or next season. She isn't even aware of what is going on at this point in the books.

I kinda keep thinking they actually do it. They did show a lot of direwolves this season and that would be a cool little 'Starks aren't gone yet' addition to the reveal moment.

Also pretty neat if we get Nymeria, Stoneheart and a glimpse of Nym's pack looking on in the distance, in the mist. Jaime did say (not sure if it was just in the series, but he made me laugh) that Cat didn't have a bit of fish left in her after spending so much time with the wolves ;)

I'm guessing no to Nymeria (as much as I'd love it) so that the Unsullied won't be confused. She's similarish in coloring to Grey Wind, so we'd have people running around suggesting the BWB did resurrect a headless entity or something.

Really hoping I'm wrong, though. That would be awesome.

It's possible that we'll get a little more of Brienne heading to the Riverlands for Jaime next season, instead of just showing up in a Jaime scene. Another encounter possible with some of her early AFFC material swapped?

As much as it sucks, Bran is the only Stark warg (unless they're trolling us about that). Either way, we are definitely not getting the Nymeria-body tease. As I've said before, it would clue in the Unsullied. They want Stoneheart's reveal to be a huge shock. Sansa talking about her body being tossed in the river is really all they could have safely given us.

It's possible that we'll get a little more of Brienne heading to the Riverlands for Jaime next season, instead of just showing up in a Jaime scene. Another encounter possible with some of her early AFFC material swapped?

This is what I've long thought.

It seems quite clear (well, at least in my head) this season will end on a cliffhanger, maybe with a little Thoros talk about "she remembers," (I'm not sure that she won't speak in the show) then the Season 5 premiere will feature the actual choice Brienne has to make.

I know it's a long shot, but I would love to see the Quiet Isle next year, as I think it could be very effective for Brienne, who confesses how she's worried about keeping all her oaths and stuff in the book, to instead confess that she made the choice to kill Jaime.

Even if we don't get the Quiet Isle, I highly doubt that Brienne will just show up in the season premiere and then one or two episodes with Jaime near the end of the season. Gwendoline Christie's star continues to rise - they'll want to keep her doing things throughout next season.

D&D have to know she needs to be kept in the show. This isn't like a cold hands thing where we get this guy who is kind of expendable. This is a major character in the book. Lady SH may have such a minor role going forward, but her reveal is a pretty major plot twist in the book. I know these guys are starting to deviate a bit but they are still book fans and I think they still understand which parts they really need to keep in.

It could still happen. They may be leaving it as a surprise for the moment. At the point where the show is, Arya's only having wolf dreams so far. I imagine that's exactly what she considers them, too. Nothing but dreams. No reason to reveal that now. But in Braavos, she unintentionally wargs the cat while blind, and informs that KM that she knows that it's him that's been hitting her. The show may wait for that point to reveal Arya's warging ability.

Agreed. D&D have developed the habit of only introducing characters and/or plot points once they became absolutely necessary to moving the story forward:

- Reed and Meera: not truly relevant until Bran leaves Winterfell

- Ramsay: not truly relevant until Theon is defeated at Winterfell

- LS: not absolutely necessary until she meets Brienne

- Arya and Jon being wargs: not absolutely necessary until Arya wargs the cat in Bravos and Jon presumably wargs into Ghost to avoid his own death in ADWD

That said, I think we'll get LS in episode 10 :)

I am severely doubting it at this point.

Without any scenes with Thoros or even Berric, it's doubtful that they'd hire the actor for one scene, though they are only having Mance Rayder for a couple scenes this season so perhaps it's possible...

If they had the guts to pull it off and the ability to keep it a secret throughout the entire season... then show it as a follow-up to Tywin's death (which I feel is the only way they could top a scene like that), it would cause the internet to explode.

I'm hoping it happens. Could go either way, I doubt D&D would pass up the opportunity for such a horrific twist to end the season, but as I said I'm doubting it just so as to avoid disappointment.

I'm having trouble finding it, but before Season 4 started, I found an article with Season 4 spoilers that actually included a picture of Michelle Fairley all done up in her Lady Stoneheart makeup. I highly doubt they would bother if they weren't going to put it in the show. I'm sure it's coming, just probably not until the very last show.

Archived