(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

well we all know producers and actors lie. Its part of their job we have seen it countless of times even this show with Richard Madden and Oona Chaplin both had to awkwardly answer questions from reporters about their character's futures before the Red Wedding aired. Both lied through their teeth. I specifically remember an interviewer asked Oona where she sees her character going in the future. She looked noticeably panicked and made up some stuff about being excited for next season. Then there is other shows like Vampire Diaries, Originals, Fringe, X-Files, Revenge ect.. where producers has flat out lied to keep the surprise when they reveal it on the episodes.

All we know if she is not in then Brienne's whole arc will become a complete clusterfuck, and why did they even put Brienne and Pod together what will be BWB role what will happen with Freys will show watchers never get to see Freys being payed for their cruel act and so on and so on..

MF doesn't seem awkward or evasive, I guess that is where I see the difference, and she too is giving an artistic reason for the cut, the same as Graves, but not in as much detail. I guess they could all be trolling the audience so that readers will all go OMG next year when Stoneheart is revealed, but I get a vibe from MF of she's moved on.....and never was Stoneheart really an integral part of the plot in the first place.

LSH is only cuttable if the trap situation with Brienne and Jaime is resolved relatively quickly. Or if its resolution is both of them surviving and it could be safely discarded without much bother to the series' endgame. If either of them die because of that scenario, then they'll need LSH in the show or at the very least a return of the BWB. But it would be more meaningful from LSH for sure. It's possible that the only role she ends up playing is one that could easily be filled by Beric still being alive of course. In which case they might just go with that.

With only three seasons left, Jaime going to Dorne and Walder Frey being name dropped as Lord of Riverrun already...it's entirely possible the riverlands are cut and Brienne goes to Sansa. Not requiring anything further from any of those plot lines and giving them room to navigate the massive piles of story everywhere else.

If Lady Stoneheart is truly cut and Jaime is in Dorne, could Brienne pick up elements of Jaime's storyline from Book 4? Perhaps she somehow interacts with Edmure and Blackfish? Otherwise, I don't know what she will do next season. I can't see Brienne's interaction with the Brotherhood being included if Lady Stoneheart is out.

With only three seasons left, Jaime going to Dorne and Walder Frey being name dropped as Lord of Riverrun already...it's entirely possible the riverlands are cut and Brienne goes to Sansa. Not requiring anything further from any of those plot lines and giving them room to navigate the massive piles of story everywhere else.

I assumed they cast the BF for a reason....I don't know, is he returning for season 5? Maybe they do something w/him in place of Brienne/Jamie/Stoneheart.

Let's not take this as confirmation either way. It could be that she's been cut and Michelle is being honest, or it could be that she and James Hibberd are in cahoots about keeping her re-appearance on the down low. Let's wait it out and defer the outrage to a later date. If at all possible.

Let's not take this as confirmation either way. It could be that she's been cut and Michelle is being honest, or it could be that she and James Hibberd are in cahoots about keeping her re-appearance on the down low. Let's wait it out and defer the outrage to a later date. If at all possible.

Honestly, why not? Why should people keep their hopes up for another season only to have them dashed again, a third time...when they can read these interviews and see the plain language and understand what is being said and forget about it?

Well it was stupid to expect her to appear in season 3. And I told people not to hope she'd appear in the s4 finale when it began to look like she wouldn't. I don't want people to get hopeful about her being in s5 in the least, I just don't want them to despair and freak out.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/25/michelle-fairley-24-lady-stoneheart/

Personally I see it as Stoneheart being out. I'm not fussed. I love the show, I love the books.

The problems arise with the constant badgering of the shows people as if every single person was entitled to a tailored adaptation. That grim circle is what makes the production team wary. The media fuel it.

If Lady Stoneheart is not going to be in the show, but Beric Dondarrion and the Brotherhood is, then they might just forget about him, or maybe they'll use him to revive the Hound?

The Brotherhood without Banners were after Ser Gregor Clegane, so they might have the Hound joining them (unaware that he's 'dead'). Despite their fight, Beric could see him dead and then revive him to help them if he had any idea about his feelings towards his brother. Or to help them hunt Lannisters. He witnessed what the Freys did so they can include their story with them (or just leave it out). They could even have him want Brienne dead since they fought and he accused her of siding with the Lannisters and her not being able to argue due to being on a mission for Ser Jaime and having equipment supplied by him.

If they're going to leave her out, then Sandor Clegane being saved by fire (sort of) wouldn't be the worst change to the story they've made.

Just a random thought that popped into my head when I saw the story on Facebook with a comment about Beric Dondarrion. And then I thought about the Brienne scene and it started making sense.

Yeah, after being very disappointed in so LS in S4 finale, I am perfectly fine with thinking she's completely cut and won't be in at all. Sure you might be seeing lots of doom and gloom posts from me, but if I'm wrong and Michelle is just lying, then everyone can rub it in and I'll be very happy to be wrong. :cheers:

There is a small posibility that Fairley's statements were blatant lies. Remember when Batman: the Dark Knight Rises came out? Before the premiere, the fans where speculating that Marion Cotillard's character was Talia Al Ghul. Both Cotillard and Christopher Nolan denied very publicly. Then the movie came out, and in the end, who was the villain? Talia Al-f***ing Ghul

yeah there has been tons of shows where actors has lied when they died and said they were done and then BAM they appear again just to name a few - Revenge, TVD,Originals,Fringe,LOST,X-Files,Dallas - The list is endless really.

The should cut the greyjoy uncles as well because they are not important to the story. -__-

Why not cut Dany out of the story. She doesn't really do anything that affects anyone else. Might aswell get rid of Jon at the start of next season too.

This is the point where the show becomes a fanfic inspired by ASOIAF as oppose to an adaptation.

Why not cut Dany out of the story. She doesn't really do anything that affects anyone else. Might aswell get rid of Jon at the start of next season too.

This is the point where the show becomes a fanfic inspired by ASOIAF as oppose to an adaptation.

Adaptations are, by definition, fanfics

There is a small posibility that Fairley's statements were blatant lies. Remember when Batman: the Dark Knight Rises came out? Before the premiere, the fans where speculating that Marion Cotillard's character was Talia Al Ghul. Both Cotillard and Christopher Nolan denied very publicly. Then the movie came out, and in the end, who was the villain? Talia Al-f***ing Ghul

This was an evasive answer

What’s next for you?

A couple things. I’ve been doing other jobs while doing 24. I want to keep working, as long as it’s exciting and stimulating and engaging, I want to keep doing it.

Archived