[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara

Kaspiro

Not in any order

1) Ramsay marries Asha at WF to take his seat there, dad and other lords attend per dads command and as a way to show fealty to the Boltons.

2) Asha has an affinity towards Theon, so maybe he's used against her to coerce her to the marriage (hopefully no flaying and such for her, that's just too dramatic)

3) Jon is already on Rooses radar so the PL cleverly rewritten as a straight threat to NW to get rid of Snow still antagonizes Jon to march there, still have the ides of marsh scenario, but instead of oathbreaking marsh and co. See it as the only way to ensure the rest of the watch isn't decimated.

4) Jon sending Mance/Abel doesn't have to happen or could be a clever way since they probably after MC know that Theon is alive, and Jon knows unfortunately that atleast Brans alive, using it as a way for Mel/Stan/Jon to find out about Rickon. Which may eliminate Manderly plot but its the show and budget constraints but still have Davos with something to do after finding out he's alive.

You can never tell with D&D. They seem overall less interested in the Starks than the Lannisters or Dany...but Manderly and his The North Remembers and Frey Pie was so epic, it's hard to believe they would cut all of that. But, then, I'm still waiting for "the wolves will come again, I dreamed it"..so who knows.

But, I don't think they'll do it this way. The Fake Arya plot is important on a lot of levels and the show is barely able to contain the plot holes they create with minor changes, I can't imagine the plot and logic carnage if they tried to pull of a scenario like you describe.

You can never tell with D&D. They seem overall less interested in the Starks than the Lannisters or Dany...but Manderly and his The North Remembers and Frey Pie was so epic, it's hard to believe they would cut all of that. But, then, I'm still waiting for "the wolves will come again, I dreamed it"..so who knows.

But, I don't think they'll do it this way. The Fake Arya plot is important on a lot of levels and the show is barely able to contain the plot holes they create with minor changes, I can't imagine the plot and logic carnage if they tried to pull of a scenario like you describe.

I agree, I like some changes but not a lot of them, but I know tv is different than books, but in regards to them doing something like I described, I've only got one cursed word for you. TALISA.

I tend to agree. IMO Frey Pies will probably be left in as RW "revenge" that the show-watchers will probably appreciate. And FAyra does seem pretty central to where the North storyline is going, so I doubt it will be changed too fundamentally.

I agree, I like some changes but not a lot of them, but I know tv is different than books, but in regards to them doing something like I described, I've only got one cursed word for you. TALISA.

Am I the only one who thought Talisa worked fine? I get that people are upset because their theory about Jeyne's hips/Robb's heir got brutally stabbed in the stomach, but I really don't get all the hate.

I tend to agree. IMO Frey Pies will probably be left in as RW "revenge" that the show-watchers will probably appreciate. And FAyra does seem pretty central to where the North storyline is going, so I doubt it will be changed too fundamentally.

Am I the only one who thought Talisa worked fine? I get that people are upset because their theory about Jeyne's hips/Robb's heir got brutally stabbed in the stomach, but I really don't get all the hate.

I could give you my full "Talisa" rant if you'd like, LOL. And no, I am not one of the demented people who ever thought Jeyne Westerling was pregnant because of slim hips/good hips, that was always mind bogglingly stupid an an example of forum over analysis gone wild. It was terrible because..."Talisa" was too modern of a character for the show...free thinking, free love, nurse chick wandering around Westeros talking smack to high lords and jumping in the sack with them without any discussion of marriage.?! Just no. Why is she from Volantis? Why can't Chaplin act? Why did we need to ruin Robb's motivation from a misguided sense of honor to "Ima marry her cuz she's hot and I luvs her"?

Okay that is probably enough Talisa ranting, but believe me, I could go on and on.

Maybe the preview is messing with us and those scenes don't mean anything. Like someone else said, Locke made it all the way to the Wall already, so Ramsay and Theon have to have made it to MC. Maybe that's where Ramsay is fighting and Asha gets to the Dreadfort and Theon isn't there. She battles with some of Roose's guys and loses and hears that Balon is dead and Euron has returned, so she heads home for the KM.

I could give you my full "Talisa" rant if you'd like, LOL. And no, I am not one of the demented people who ever thought Jeyne Westerling was pregnant because of slim hips/good hips, that was always mind bogglingly stupid an an example of forum over analysis gone wild. It was terrible because..."Talisa" was too modern of a character for the show...free thinking, free love, nurse chick wandering around Westeros talking smack to high lords and jumping in the sack with them without any discussion of marriage.?! Just no. Why is she from Volantis? Why can't Chaplin act? Why did we need to ruin Robb's motivation from a misguided sense of honor to "Ima marry her cuz she's hot and I luvs her"?

Okay that is probably enough Talisa ranting, but believe me, I could go on and on.

Here's a great reason why I hated the change, westerlings come from a poor house with little troop support inside westeros, Talisa came from an old noble house from Volantis (a rich city) why didn't she and Robb reach out to her family to help him win his war? At the very least they would've sent sellswords you think to ensure that their daughter didn't get slaughtered or become a queen. Just saying, if you lived in the westerlands not rising against Tywin if you're his neighbors makes sense, the guy will obliterate your house, even if it'll benefit you more if you join robb and he wins, but if you're in Volantis you'd be like who is this Tywin douche trying to kill my daughter and son in law, lets kick his ass.

Eta: this just came to me, being she was from an old house in what's left of the freehold, did you catch why she had to die at the rw? Bc old in Volantis probably means dragon blood of some kind, her and Robb's kid would be a child of ice and fire, sorry kid you're dead, there's only one of those and his name is Jon Snow lol

Nope, I enjoyed her scenes, especially when Roose Bolton was around to give epic glares.

Here's a great reason why I hated the change, westerlings come from a poor house with little troop support inside westeros, Talisa came from an old noble house from Volantis (a rich city) why didn't she and Robb reach out to her family to help him win his war? At the very least they would've sent sellswords you think to ensure that their daughter didn't get slaughtered or become a queen. Just saying, if you lived in the westerlands not rising against Tywin if you're his neighbors makes sense, the guy will obliterate your house, even if it'll benefit you more if you join robb and he wins, but if you're in Volantis you'd be like who is this Tywin douche trying to kill my daughter and son in law, lets kick his ass.

Eta: this just came to me, being she was from an old house in what's left of the freehold, did you catch why she had to die at the rw? Bc old in Volantis probably means dragon blood of some kind, her and Robb's kid would be a child of ice and fire, sorry kid you're dead, there's only one of those and his name is Jon Snow lol

The list of reasons why Talisa sucked is endless. Trolling the viewers with the stupid letter writing.. maybe she's a spy, blah, blah, blah. I never thought I'd ever marry...but when I did get married it was for no good reason except to destroy my husband's chances at winning the war, when I could have been his mistress until I got pregnant at least...since I don't mind premarital sex and never planned to marry. The fuck. And yes, she's from Volantis, but never thinks of sellswords or the Iron Bank, but then she's so fucking stupid she doesn't even know where Winterfell is...OMG.

The list of reasons why Talisa sucked is endless. Trolling the viewers with the stupid letter writing.. maybe she's a spy, blah, blah, blah. I never thought I'd ever marry...but when I did get married it was for no good reason except to destroy my husband's chances at winning the war, when I could have been his mistress until I got pregnant at least...since I don't mind premarital sex and never planned to marry. The fuck. And yes, she's from Volantis, but never thinks of sellswords or the Iron Bank, but then she's so fucking stupid she doesn't even know where Winterfell is...OMG.

Rotflmao

Why did we need to ruin Robb's motivation from a misguided sense of honor to "Ima marry her cuz she's hot and I luvs her"?

That's exactly why they made Talisa. They didn't want to depict Robb as the bumbling honor-ful idiot in the books. The tv audience would have reacted overwhelmingly negative to Robb if they found out he married a girl just because he bedded her out of wedlock even though he didn't love her.

That's exactly why they made Talisa. They didn't want to depict Robb as the bumbling honor-ful idiot in the books. The tv audience would have reacted overwhelmingly negative to Robb if they found out he married a girl just because he bedded her out of wedlock even though he didn't love her.

You're right, and it's a shame, because that's why it's tragic in the books: like father, like son, both died due to their sense of honor (though they did have shades of that in the TV show with Karstark). However, you're right that it wouldn't have played out well on the TV medium.

I'm sure there was a better way to change the story from he married her because he deflowered her than Talisa The Independent Nurse.

Robb Stark is a virgin when he meets Talisa, I think his arc makes perfect sense when you consider that. An 18 year old virgin fighting a war and extremely stressed out, he thinks it's love but Catelyn is probably right that what they have would have eventually faded. I think that makes it quite tragic in its own right.

Robb Stark is a virgin when he meets Talisa, I think his arc makes perfect sense when you consider that. An 18 year old virgin fighting a war and extremely stressed out, he thinks it's love but Catelyn is probably right that what they have would have eventually faded. I think that makes it quite tragic in its own right.

Or Freys more poignant phrase traded it all for firm tits and a tight slit.

I'm quite sure she'll end up getting caught by Ramsay and replacing Jeyne Poole in the whole fArya subplot. Ramsay will marry her to claim the Iron Islands after Balon's death. That will mean no Kingsmoot, probably, but fuck it, the Ironborn were boring anyways.

I agree this is where they are going. Although I will be sad to lose the Kingsmoot.

I am dumbfounded that anyone thinks Asha is going to be the fake Arya. Jeyne Pool was chosen because (1) she was around the same age and had a similar look to Arya; and (2) no one with any force was left to dispute that she wasn't Arya. Now how on earth would that work for Asha? (1) not even close in age or looks to Arya; and (2) ummmmm, are the Iron born just going to allow her to be used as fake Arya and not step in to save her from the Bolton's capture? Not to mention the most obvious problem with this theory, but Asha's demeanor is no where even close to meek and subversive like Jeyne's; no chance in hell she would go along with this, no matter how beaten or flayed she is. NO. CHANCE. IN. HELL. I think either book or tv Yara/Asha would make them kill her first before she allowed this to happen.

I am dumbfounded that anyone thinks Asha is going to be the fake Arya. Jeyne Pool was chosen because (1) she was around the same age and had a similar look to Arya; and (2) no one with any force was left to dispute that she wasn't Arya. Now how on earth would that work for Asha? (1) not even close in age or looks to Arya; and (2) ummmmm, are the Iron born just going to allow her to be used as fake Arya and not step in to save her from the Bolton's capture? Not to mention the most obvious problem with this theory, but Asha's demeanor is no where even close to meek and subversive like Jeyne's; no chance in hell she would go along with this, no matter how beaten or flayed she is. NO. CHANCE. IN. HELL. I think either book or tv Yara/Asha would make them kill her first before she allowed this to happen.

I don't think we are suggesting she will be Arya. I think this story where Ramsey marries Asha to claim the iron islands to take it's place.

I don't think we are suggesting she will be Arya. I think this story where Ramsey marries Asha to claim the iron islands to take it's place.

Doesn't this undermine the Northern Lords' roles a bit?

Archived