[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara at the Dreadfort

That's got to be some kind of Tristifer Botley or Qarl the Maid (which one is likelier??).

Tris - An interestering book character, flawed and one of the most realistic characters GRRM has wrote. Love sick and caring. He's like Sam but is fairly good looking and can fight.

Or Karl - hansom, dull brute, sounds a little metrosexual, Asha's lover.

Any other show would go with Tris, D&D will no doubt use Karl to add Gemma Whelan to their nudity checklist.

I stand by what I said: Yara= Arya. She's gonna be fArya so that the Ironborn leave the Boltons alone and it'd be a nice twist later on when Ramsay forces Theon to abuse his sister sexually, when in season 2 Theon did so willingly and so this could potentially showcase his different attitude towards her, where here he would be much more reluctant. Sure, she's not gonna be at the Kingsmoot but in the book she loses anyway and so they can have that one without her.

I don't see it working but after the overkill of media (most of whom don't appear to even watch the show) on the sept rape scene it would actually be funny if they responded by having had a gelded Theon being forced to perform oral on his own sister.

That's got to be some kind of Tristifer Botley or Qarl the Maid (which one is likelier??).

I'd pass the show a lot of things if we'd get Tris ! ^^

Soooo... Yara manages to free Theon, at least for a while, according to the promo ! I hope the emotion of their meeting is not lost in the show (I'm sure Alfie Allen's physical transformation will end here) and if Theon deliberatly choose to stay with Ramsay, it could make for great TV if handled properly !

Its safe to assume she has already taking deepwood motte and after things go bad she will flee back. even though things in the books are changing. and will keep changing they defining plot points will remain the same. different path same conclusion.

Its safe to assume she has already taking deepwood motte and after things go bad she will flee back. even though things in the books are changing. and will keep changing they defining plot points will remain the same. different path same conclusion.

yap, thats my assumption as well...killing her off is highly unlikely, she is an pov in the books and i have a strong feeling her role is important in book 6 (and 7). ramsay capturing her is though possible but also rather unlikely. i think the point in making her a pov (so to speak) in season 4, is to have a (re)introduction in iron best affairs, i really hope we get some name dropping (at least victarion and euron). she probably will flee with some surviving men either to moat cailin or to deepwood motte (which she took in season 2) or perhaps even straight to pyke

yap, thats my assumption as well...killing her off is highly unlikely, she is an pov in the books and i have a strong feeling her role is important in book 6 (and 7). ramsay capturing her is though possible but also rather unlikely. i think the point in making her a pov (so to speak) in season 4, is to have a (re)introduction in iron best affairs, i really hope we get some name dropping (at least victarion and euron). she probably will flee with some surviving men either to moat cailin or to deepwood motte (which she took in season 2) or perhaps even straight to pyke

I have a theory that she's going to take on Vic's role, and we're only getting Euron (likely no Kingsmoot). But I think you're right that both death and capture seem highly unlikely.

I have a theory that she's going to take on Vic's role, and we're only getting Euron (likely no Kingsmoot). But I think you're right that both death and capture seem highly unlikely.

Just a guess.

But now they need to inject some Jazz , who better than those wacky Greyjoys?

I think D&D are looking to casting someone to play Victarion who can chew the scenery, the shows Al Swearengen.

Ian McShane made a great pirate, but there's a number of great candidates out there.

I didn't find the King's Landing half-way Machiavellian soap opera very interesting ....

or Sam's travelogue....., so spice up the scene with the Iron born, I hope they do keep Asah/Yara , I don't know if they need all the other Greyjoys, maybe one other.

but he still seems too assuming and assertive.

I'm really struggling to see any of those adjectives exhibited by Alfie Allen in his S4 performances thus far.

Can you point out which scenes?

Just a guess.

But now they need to inject some Jazz , who better than those wacky Greyjoys?

I think D&D are looking to casting someone to play Victarion who can chew the scenery, the shows Al Swearengen.

Ian McShane made a great pirate, but there's a number of great candidates out there.

I didn't find the King's Landing half-way Machiavellian soap opera very interesting ....

or Sam's travelogue....., so spice up the scene with the Iron born, I hope they do keep Asah/Yara , I don't know if they need all the other Greyjoys, maybe one other.

It could happen...we'll have to wait and see. I'm of the mind that regardless of GoT being 7 or 8 seasons, AFFC/ADWD is only going to take up 1 season. I just don't see it working with people's storylines otherwise. As it is now, Bran's in ADWD, Brienne is in AFFC, and after "only Cat," Sansa barely has any plot left.

But this means they'll have a ton of ground to cover next season. In terms of new characters, they're going to at least partially introduce the Dornish. I'm not convinced we're getting a Quentyn, but we're definitely getting Arianne, Doran, and at least one Sand Snake (maybe more...Oberyn did mention his 8 daughters). Based on last episode, they also foreshadowed Myrcella getting injured, so that's going to take time to show. We're going to be getting Aegon and Griff (through Tyrion), unless he really doesn't amount to a sack of beans in the books (unlikely, IMO).

I don't think they're going to want to saturate us with new characters; if they have both Vic and Euron, it seems like that may be a click too far. The show will be barely recognizable. Not to mention spending time on something like a Kingsmoot, or explaining Greyjoy politics, just does not seem like a good use of of their already limited screen time. I get that the KL soap opera isn't engaging, but that will hardly be the focus; both Tyrion and Jaime will have left, Tywin will be dead, so other than showing Cersei blowing everything up, there's not much more there. And with some characters, like Jon and Tyrion, they have a lot of ground to cover, so that will take up a good amount of screen time, even if it's not the most titillating. I could be wrong, but I just don't see Greyjoys taking center stage.

Granted, I don't like the Greyjoys, so I'm sure that's coloring my assumption. But I think given how much they're going to need to include next season, there's going to be a lot on the chopping block. I thought Dorne would be very paired down, but last episode shows set-up for more depth there. And we know how popular Oberyn is in the Unsullied fandom, so I think if they have to choose between Dornish or Ironborn screen time, the former will win out.

Now, if Aegon is cut, all bets are off. We really won't know until casting news for S5 comes around, though.

I don't think they're going to want to saturate us with new characters; if they have both Vic and Euron, it seems like that may be a click too far. The show will be barely recognizable.

People are forgetting that this is exactly the case and was a deliberate move by Martin. Books 1 to 3 represent a beginning and an end to major plot lines. From book 4 onwards we are introduced to a whole new cast of characters and plots that will probably be resolved in Book 7. Unless D&D think of ending Game of thrones at season 4, I do not see much of an option here. They have to follow through the major plotlines introduced by Martin.

I think that Yara will either escape without Theon or she will be captured. However, if she is captured I don't think Roose will keep her at the Dreadfort because he wants to keep her as a viable hostage (Ramsey can't be trusted). Anyway, I think this is like Craster's and all for not - it will end up very much like it is in the books.

Could she be fake Arya ? Well the letters match ( Yara/Arya , Bael/Able) but I really hope not. It would make zero sense. While not everyone in the North knows what Arya looks like, they do know she is young. Younger than Rob and younger than Sansa. How can they pass Yara who is older than Theon for Arya.?

ramsay is shitless because right before the attack he is having sex with myranda. the blood on his chest his most likely from her. He probably kills her. And yes it's at the dreadfort.

i thought the blood looks more like cuts on Ramsay...

God, i hope she doesn't take Vic's role!

im extremely confused thinking of the possibly significance of having Yara meet/fight Ramsay...

only thing that makes sense is they planning on cutting Mance and his women going to winterfell, instead decided to use Yara's attack on Dreadfort to allow Theon to escape...but that would be jumping quite a bit ahead no?

in the show, did they mention what happened on her conquest to capture Deepwood Motte? no one hold Moat Cailin right?

This actually can only end with a big change from the books: either Ramsay dies, which will change the course of the story but it's unlikely, given that we only met him last season,

or yara dies, in which case her whole ADWD material gets drowned in water but doesn't rise again,

or noone dies and she gets captured,

or noone dies and Yara escapes, with Reek getting some more punishment. This might present a change from the book in that when she gets to the Kingsmoot next season her motivation for becoming Quen of the Iron islands could be so she can have all the ironborn behind her to free her brother maybe?

This actually can only end with a big change from the books: either Ramsay dies, which will change the course of the story but it's unlikely, given that we only met him last season,

or yara dies, in which case her whole ADWD material gets drowned in water but doesn't rise again,

or noone dies and she gets captured,

or noone dies and Yara escapes, with Reek getting some more punishment. This might present a change from the book in that when she gets to the Kingsmoot next season her motivation for becoming Quen of the Iron islands could be so she can have all the ironborn behind her to free her brother maybe?

exactly, probably should have posted here - http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109199-book-show-spoilers-speculation-on-episode-6/?p=5753580

I largely see Yara vs. Ramsay as much as inconsequential filler as Craster's Keep was.

i think we need to get used to this...i have no doubt GRRM will not finish ADoS before the shows done...

hence "fillers" are a requirement...so as long as they are entertaining and not like that Dany scene from s3 where she almost gets attacked by a manticore which was quite a lame way to introduce Barristan, very weak IMO...i'll be fine

Could she be fake Arya ? Well the letters match ( Yara/Arya , Bael/Able) but I really hope not. It would make zero sense. While not everyone in the North knows what Arya looks like, they do know she is young. Younger than Rob and younger than Sansa. How can they pass Yara who is older than Theon for Arya.?

Look I think when people started mentioning her as a possible fake Arya it's been misconstrued by a lot of members on here.

If they are going use her as fake Arya it will be the story device not that actual character.

She will be Yara, heir/queen of the Iron Islands marrying Ramsay for the Bolton's claim on the Isles and as a control of Iron Born forces in the North.

Putting her as Ayra when she is probably older than Robb would be completely ridiculous.

Archived