[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara at the Dreadfort

Well, at this point I don't see Yara as fake Ayra working in any way to strengthen the Bolton's control of the North. Balon will die and when he does I can't foresee any circumstances where Yara would become queen. At least I hope not because maybe that means no Euron and he is interesting. However, I look forward to seeing what they will do about fake Ayra (I think they are in a tough spot with that one).

I can't see her dying in ep 6 as some have predicted. What would be the point of not appearing from the middle of season 2 to the final episode of 3 with a big speech and then just get killed off?

I imagine it would be the same point of having Robb plan a big attack on Casterly Rock to make the unsullied think he's going to rally and kick some Lannister ass, but instead he just gets brutally murdered.

I love Asha, I really do; but, objectively, besides the Kingsmoot (which I'm not at all certain will even be in the show), what does she actually do in the books, plot-wise, beyond this point? She licks her wounds at Deepwood Motte and gets captured by Stannis. That's pretty much it. So, yeah, I'm concerned for her life on the show.

My guess:

-Yara attacks the Dreadfort, Ramsay fights her and she ends up falling back.

-Ramsay takes out his anger on poor little Reek.

-Yara falls back to the center of Ironborn control in the North- Moat Cailin. She warns everyone that Ramsay is coming for them, and they inform her that her father died- was flung from a bridge at Pyke.

-Yara decides that she must leave for Pyke and face the newly arrived Euron (on a ship in the western coast- which means she doesn't have to go around Westeros again), leaving her men behind at Moat Cailin and letting Kenning lead them.

-Ramsay and Theon arrive at Moat Cailin, and after a battle Ramsay sends Reek with a white flag to "barter" with the Ironborn- and he is ready to betray his sister who came to save him, thinking she is there

-Reek finds out his sister is safe, and betrays the Ironborn at Moat Cailin, they get slaughtered by Ramsay

-Ramsay and Reek return to the Dreadfort and Roose informs them that now that the Ironborn aren't a threat and they can reunite with their army, tyhey'll be moving on to Winterfell (with a possible mention of fake Arya).

This would obviously spread over episodes 6, 8, 10 and maybe 7 (I'm not sure) with the big Moat Cailin confrontation happening in episode 8.

My guess:

-Yara attacks the Dreadfort, Ramsay fights her and she ends up falling back.

-Ramsay takes out his anger on poor little Reek.

-Yara falls back to the center of Ironborn control in the North- Moat Cailin. She warns everyone that Ramsay is coming for them, and they inform her that her father died- was flung from a bridge at Pyke.

-Yara decides that she must leave for Pyke and face the newly arrived Euron (on a ship in the western coast- which means she doesn't have to go around Westeros again), leaving her men behind at Moat Cailin and letting Kenning lead them.

-Ramsay and Theon arrive at Moat Cailin, and after a battle Ramsay sends Reek with a white flag to "barter" with the Ironborn- and he is ready to betray his sister who came to save him, thinking she is there

-Reek finds out his sister is safe, and betrays the Ironborn at Moat Cailin, they get slaughtered by Ramsay

-Ramsay and Reek return to the Dreadfort and Roose informs them that now that the Ironborn aren't a threat and they can reunite with their army, tyhey'll be moving on to Winterfell (with a possible mention of fake Arya).

This would obviously spread over episodes 6, 8, 10 and maybe 7 (I'm not sure) with the big Moat Cailin confrontation happening in episode 8.

I hope Ramsay mutilates him a bit more...at least enough to get his hair to go white!

i like your ideas, im not sure if they will really be able to get that much done this season, there's still a lot of KL, Wall, meereen and Brienne's story line that they already plan on showing this season...

would be nice if they started focusing more on these characters to prepare the audience for not seeing much of meereen or bran as their story lines will be moving the slowest

Why do people keep thinking that Asha/Yara will be killed in this episode or in the show? She is an important and vital character for the Ironborn arc and the friction there, not to mention the Kingsmoot ritual.

Personally, it's because I'm not convinced that the Ironborn arc is even going to be in the show. Unlike the Dornish arc (which has now been set up through Oberyn's significant presence, plus references to Doran, Myrcella, the Sand Snakes, and Dornish history v. Targaryens), there have been zero references to any of Asha & Theon's uncles or anything happening with the Ironborn outside of how they affect Theon's storyline.

Add to that the fact that Meereen on the show has a navy with enough ships to take Dany's army to Westeros whenever she decides she wants to go, and it seems to make Victarion's fleet unnecessary in the future.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I'm not counting on it.

I hope Ramsay mutilates him a bit more...at least enough to get his hair to go white!

i like your ideas, im not sure if they will really be able to get that much done this season, there's still a lot of KL, Wall, meereen and Brienne's story line that they already plan on showing this season...

would be nice if they started focusing more on these characters to prepare the audience for not seeing much of meereen or bran as their story lines will be moving the slowest

Well, it seems like Moat Cailin is in as well as the assault on the Dreadfort, the rest is just filling in what will probably bridge the two events. The thing I'm not so sure of is where Yara goes: does she really leave for Pyke from Moat Cailin? Does she die there (god let's hope not)? Does she go to Deepwood Motte instead (which is essentially goodbye to the whole Kingsmoot storyline, since I doubt they'll do it without her)? I still think and hope that including Dorne and the Iron Islands in season 5 is doable and worth the trouble, so I really to see her get back to Pyke. Fingers crossed.

Personally, it's because I'm not convinced that the Ironborn arc is even going to be in the show. Unlike the Dornish arc (which has now been set up through Oberyn's significant presence, plus references to Doran, Myrcella, the Sand Snakes, and Dornish history v. Targaryens), there have been zero references to any of Asha & Theon's uncles or anything happening with the Ironborn outside of how they affect Theon's storyline.

I remember it being similar in the books as well...there was no sign of anything related to Pyke for a very very long time (wasn't it the whole of book 3?) and then all of a sudden you see Aeron's POV.

cutting them out would be a sure way of losing all the Greyjoy fans...no matter what you say of D&D, they would not do something to lose that big portion of audience...

Well, it seems like Moat Cailin is in as well as the assault on the Dreadfort, the rest is just filling in what will probably bridge the two events. The thing I'm not so sure of is where Yara goes: does she really leave for Pyke from Moat Cailin? Does she die there (god let's hope not)? Does she go to Deepwood Motte instead (which is essentially goodbye to the whole Kingsmoot storyline, since I doubt they'll do it without her)? I still think and hope that including Dorne and the Iron Islands in season 5 is doable and worth the trouble, so I really to see her get back to Pyke. Fingers crossed.

with you on this!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Yara gets captured too. I have no logical reasoning for it, just sort of popped into my head. If that happens, I can see them going the same Theon/Reek route (torture) with her. Maybe Ramsay disfigures her so much that he names her 'Freak'? Any thoughts?

Now is the perfect opportunity to start throwing on the Iron Born references.

Yara will need someone to talk (be it Ralf Kenning or Tristifer Botley), she'll have an interlocutor, and I bet she's gonna reference her uncles.

My best guess:

Ep. 6 - Yara and the Ironborn attack Dreadfort. Yara puts up a hell of a fight, but her men are killed and she is captured. Ramsay announces that he's bringing her along with him to Moat Cailin as extra leverage against the Ironborn stationed there. (No Yara becoming FakeArya, for the love of God)

Ep. 8 - Either before, during, or after Theon's negotiation with the Ironborn, Yara does something clever and escapes.

Ep. 10 - Yara, now without troops and aware that Theon doesn't want to be rescued, decides to return to Pyke. So she finds a decent boat, pays the iron price, and sets sail for home.

I imagine it would be the same point of having Robb plan a big attack on Casterly Rock to make the unsullied think he's going to rally and kick some Lannister ass, but instead he just gets brutally murdered.

I love Asha, I really do; but, objectively, besides the Kingsmoot (which I'm not at all certain will even be in the show), what does she actually do in the books, plot-wise, beyond this point? She licks her wounds at Deepwood Motte and gets captured by Stannis. That's pretty much it. So, yeah, I'm concerned for her life on the show.

Yeah, I really wouldn't be surprised it she's offed, coupled with the demise of Balon, Reek -- and the audience -- would think the Greyjoy line/story is dunzo.

Until...

Add to that the fact that Meereen on the show has a navy with enough ships to take Dany's army to Westeros whenever she decides she wants to go, and it seems to make Victarion's fleet unnecessary in the future.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I'm not counting on it.

They need the Ironborn arc in season 5, otherwise it's going to be a pretty tame season.

I dont get why people think Theon would not want to be rescued by his Sister?

He's messed up mentally but not THAT messed up!

He has nothing to live for......................yet.

BUT his sister turning up promising to take him home will re-ignite his will to live.

If Yara is captured, no-way will Ramsay torture her - Roose wouldnt let him.

She would be the perfect "whole" Greyjoy that Roose craved.

I dont get why people think Theon would not want to be rescued by his Sister?

He's messed up mentally but not THAT messed up!

He's not Theon, though. He's Reek.

I mean, yeah, if they had a chance to have a one-on-one heart to heart, there's a possibility Yara could snap him out of it, but I don't think Ramsay is going to give her that chance.

Archived