The Details, Details, Details Thread, Part II

Lann_Boys'Girl

This was my second reaction to her (Cercei's) weight gain, the first being that she has becoming a fat wino, just as she always accused her husband of being. However, even if she is pregnant, does that definitively damn her? Could the timeline fit her being impregnated with Robert's seed near the end of his life?

It doesn't fit the timeline. Lollys was raped in ACOK and had her child in AFFC.

Thanks for reviving the thread, Lann Boy'sGirl!

In one of the last days of the old thread, there was a Tywin quote that went "Some battles are won with swords and spears, other with quills and ravens...". In a Catelyn chapter later on, we hear the news that Lannister forces defeated many of Robb's men, including those loyal to Glover and Tallhart, at Duskendale.

In the next Jaime chapter, Roose Bolton is dining with Jaime and Brienne at Harrenhal and says: "Harrion Karstark was captive here when we took the castle, did you know? I gave him all the Karhold men still with me and sent him off with Glover. I do hope nothing ill befell him at Duskendale... else Alys Karstark would be all that remains of Lord Rickard's progeny."

oh man, that seals my accusation that Bolton sent the freed captives to Duskendale

I realised on my latest Re-read of aFfC, the Summer Islander who saves Sam from the Canals is the same one who took Asha Greyjoys maidenhood.

The name of the prince was Aerion. He was only called Brightflame after his famous experiment with wildfire (in which he conclusively established that a Targaryen drinking wildfire will not turn into a dragon, but will in fact burn just like everything else that wildfire touches).

Um, I don't think so. He was called Brightflame throughout THK, and obviously the wildfire thing was what killed him. Remember, he put colored "flames" all over his horse?

It was Arellas that suggested that their little group go to the tavern where pate was waiting. after the news of the mountain killing oberyn. :cry: . Arrellas kept his/her emotions in check mourning his father in that scene

Even sadder is that later on in that scene, they're talking about Dany and (maybe Mollander?)

someone says, "I thought she had her head dashed against the wall?" Alleras is the one to correct him and say that he's thinking of Aegon. How awful, she's talking about her poor baby cousin!

This is more just interesting than helpful....but

In a SOS, when Arya is at the Peach brothel with the BWB and Gendry, Bella? the whore hits on Gendry. She has just explained to Arya that she might be Robert's daughter, as the King did her mom before she was born. Arya then remarks that Bella looks like Robert. We all know Gendry is Robert's son, so throughtout this scene Bella is hitting on her half brother.

Man Robert got around.

Even funnier is that Arya then tries to see if maybe it's true, that Bella is Robert's daughter. She thinks that yes, Bella has the same black hair that Robert does. Then she says, but lots of people have black hair like that. Gendry has hair like that. LOL...she justifies Bella not being a bastard by saying "Lots of people look like that...just like this guy, who's ALSO Robert's bastard :)"

I realised on my latest Re-read of aFfC, the Summer Islander who saves Sam from the Canals is the same one who took Asha Greyjoys maidenhood.

Say what? I thought he was from Lys? Or I'm just really off?

I noted last night that the tedious head undergaoler (something Longwaters) who Jaime interviews claims descent from the bastard of a Princess in the Maidenvault and Lord Oakenfist.

Of course we were subsequntly provided with the details from GRRM via Amok's website that this is Elaena Targaryen and Alyn Velaryon. Not possible to pick this up on the first read through of AFfC since the three Princesses in the Tower had not been depicted by Amok, but it is great to have these retro-fitted details filled in.

Aratan

I'm also wondering to what extent GRRM will include retro-fitted details, given that most readers are not as thoroughly grounded in Westerosi history as some of the board people are (it's sad, but apart from American History, I know Westerosi history better than any real-world country's, lmao). For example, the Coldhands = Bloodraven theories...would GRRM really include a character that most people reading the series would have no reason to know about (besides one tiny mention in AFFC I believe), and only the most Westeros-crazed people who went out and found THK and TSS would know about? I mean, he did already throw in Dunk's shield to give us a clue about Brienne's heritage, but that's not as much a major plot point. It would be really out of left field to make CH Bloodraven, but would prob. also boost THK and TSS sales hahahah

(I'm a Benjen = Coldhands supporter though, lol.)

right, on her period. So, the odds of her being knocked up by Jaime are slim to none. But the possiblity of her gettin' knocked up by a Kettleback fits. I think if she were pregnant that she would have already aborted it like she and Jaime did with Robert's child. But hey, it could be the proof we need to ice Cersei- yay

Feels stupid for asking this. What are the THK and TSS? :(

And if Ceresi is pregnant it can be Jaimes, one of the Kettleblacks or.........Moon boys. Because when Jaime returned to the castle and fucked her in the alter she was on her moon blood.

THK = The Hedge Knight

TSS = The Sworn Sword

Both are novellas. THK appeared in the first Legends anthology, TSS the second.

That man was a strapping blonde sailor from Lys, who only knew one word of Westerosi. Summer Islanders look like our Africans - very dark of skin and hair.

Feels stupid for asking this. What are the THK and TSS? :(

As mentioned about, they are two novellas set 89 and 87 years before A Game of Thrones. They can be found in the following books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/081256664...5892637?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034547578...5892637?ie=UTF8

The Hedge Knight is also available in a beautiful illustrated/graphic novel format:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097640110...5892637?ie=UTF8

None of the "prequels" are necessary to the understanding of the main ASoIaF series, although they do flesh out the world nicely. Highly recommended.

Probably mentioned before, but: Arya didn't have to use her third kill on the guards. Vargo Hoat had allied himself with Bolton and would have freed the captured anyway in order to secure Harrenhal.

Probably already been mentioned, but in ACoK, Tyrion jokingly suggests that Bronn sub in for him as a dinner guest for Lady Tanda and prospective husband for her daughter, Lollys.

Probably mentioned a thousand times before, but in the ASOS epilogue, Merrett meet Tom o' Sevens while Tom sits on the sepulcher of Tristifer IV (The Hammer of Justice). Earlier in the book, Robb is at the same sepulcher and asks Catelyn if someone wrote a song about the castle that used to stand there. She replies that there was a song written about that place, and it was called Jenny of Oldstones. That's the song that Tom sings when Merrett approches.

Archived