The Details, Details, Details Thread, Part II

Lann_Boys'Girl

It could be because Brienne Tarth doesn't really sound right. The "n" and "t" sounds don't seem to belong together. Notice that her father, Lord Selwyn of Tarth also has the "of" stuck in front of his last name (look in the appendix of ACOK under Renly). Or it could just be an odd custom from Tarth (although I don't know how to explain Ser Endrew Tarth then).

Ah, but it's not Brienn. There was a thread about this a while ago, and it was confirmed that GRRM pronounces it Brienney, just as he prounonces Jaime Jaimey.

Personally I think it's a noble thing. When they say "Brienne of Tarth", they are contracting "Brienne of House Tarth". They don't do it for the Starks and the Lannisters, ect., because no one but a Stark bears the name Stark.

Aemon went to that Tavern and its mentioned in FFC that the tavern has been open for 600 years without ever closing. So its understanable that Aemon went there as a novice.

Jeyne's grandmother married above her class and was famous for love potions. Its assumed Jeyne, while healing Robb, did something similar.

I am sure Dany was actually concieved in that night Jaime recants, when he and Darry are outside Aerys quarters and Aerys rapes his sister-wife. Jaime wants to step in but is told by Darry "we don't protect her from him".

After that thw Queen goes to Dragonstone.

Jeyne's grandmother married above her class and was famous for love potions. Its assumed Jeyne, while healing Robb, did something similar.

I have to say I thinks that's wrong. We can assume that Sybil Westerling, May She Burn 10,000 Years in Hell, brewed up an anti-preganancy potion as part of her deal with the Lannisters, but we can't assume anything else. My impression was that Jenye genuinely loved Robb and he returned the favor.

I have to say I thinks that's wrong. We can assume that Sybil Westerling, May She Burn 10,000 Years in Hell, brewed up an anti-preganancy potion as part of her deal with the Lannisters, but we can't assume anything else. My impression was that Jenye genuinely loved Robb and he returned the favor.

Ah. But somewhere I have the quote that Jenye is her mother's daughter. She may not have potioned Robb, but may she severly potion her mother.

Ah. But somewhere I have the quote that Jenye is her mother's daughter. She may not have potioned Robb, but may she severly potion her mother.

Lord Tywin said that of Jeyne. Let us also note that Tywin is not much of a judge of the character of how much children are like their parents.

Lord Tywin said that of Jeyne. Let us also note that Tywin is not much of a judge of the character of how much children are like their parents.

Well, now. That's a good point. He certainly doesn't have a handle on how his children resemble their father.

Guest Other-in-law

Let us also note that Jeyne's actions when Jaime met her at Riverrun are hardly consistent with someone who schemed to have her husband slaughtered. I was a proponent of the 'Jeyne was in on the RW' theory before the release of aFfC, but it just doesn't hold water anymore.

A few days after Arya and company are running from Harrenhal, she sees a pack of wolves. That night she has a wolf dream where she and her pack kill a bunch of Brave Companions who are presumably persuing Arya. That's the closest Arya has come to meeting Nymeria again.

Benjen, why would Bronn seek revenge? He knows that facing Cersei-as-Queen would be suicide, and sellswords (even former ones) value their skins above all else, including gold. He's got his own little power base, and seems to want to consolidate that power rather than do anything to risk it.

Plus, if he knows Cersei at all, he'll just wait for her to do something stupid and kill herself :D

Exactly. If I were he, I'd just hole up and wait. Oh and get Lollys pregnant.

In ASOS, when Dany is buying the Unsullied, she is told, "Only three days past I [Kraznys mo Nakloz] showed these same Unsullied to a corsair king who hopes to buy them all."

Euron?

In ASOS, the Ironmen captains are called back for the kingsmoot. Euron has already returned to the Iron Islands by then. There is no way Crows Eye saw those Unsullied during ASOS at Slavers Bay. Does not correspond with the timeline I guess...

Sam has some very interesting family ties. Obviously his father Lord Randyll is a prominent figure (though he hates Sam), but did you know.....

1) His mother is Lady Melessa is formerly of house Florent

2) Lord Leyton Hightower is his uncle (married Sam's aunt Rhea)

3) Alester Florent was Sam's grandfather, Ser Axell is his great-uncle, and Queen Selyse is his great aunt.

4) So then are Shireen Baratheon and Edric Storm his distant cousins?

Not that it is likely to come into play, but it's interesting what you can find out when reading the appendices closely.

Archived