The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

OK, I was doing my regular scanning of IMDb for some movie/TV news, and I thought it would be nice to post some snippets about TGW:

1. The sixth season will premiere on Sunday, September 21st.

2. The Good Wife's Season 5 earned 4 Emmy nominations: Juliana Margulies for Lead Actress, Josh Charles for Supporting Actor, Christine Baranski for Supporting Actress, Dylan Baker as Guest Actor.

3. Carrie Preston on Elsabeth Tascioni in Season 6

PS: Excited to hear that you are going to be back on The Good Wife, too. I heard definitely two episodes, but is there a possibility that we will see Elsbeth in more than two?

CP: I would love that. I mean, I would love to be full time if it were up to me, but they have many storylines to pay attention to, so I'm happy with whatever they want to give me. When they bring Elsbeth on, she has impact in the storylines and so I — in some ways — would prefer a few episodes with a lot of impact than just sort of peppered throughout. They haven't told me what going to happen, but I'm excited to see what they have in store for me. From treadmills to anti-Semitic bears to weird flirty things with Kyle MacLachlan, it's always something delicious.

PS: Elsbeth's a little bit off-kilter . . .

CP: I always start with what's on the page. They say, "If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage." You have to start with that. In the case of Elsbeth, they give her such wonderful things to say and do, and then they'll write "pause." And I go, "Great. What am I going to do with that ?"

PS: So that's your space to play with?

CP: Yes — what's happening in that pause. Because her mind is so mercurial and quicksilver, she can be talking about the case and then say, "Oh. I love your blouse," then go back to the dry-cleaning, then talk about how to solve the case. She's all over the place but somehow manages to juggle it all.

PS: Talk about Josh Charles leaving the show, because I think that's one of the most talked-about TV deaths in recent history.

CP: We all felt like we lost someone. Somebody died. His character was so beloved and it was so brilliantly played and written. When I did the second episode of last season we were on set — Josh and I together — in Times Square. It was freezing and [we were] huddled up inside the AT&T Store just trying to stay warm. I was like, "So, how's the season going?" and he said, "Well, I've got some news. Next episode is going to be my last episode." I was like, "What's happening?" He said, "I've been wanting to move on. They knew it. It's not anything bad, I was just ready to move on." So I said, "How are they going to do it?" and he didn't say anything, and I said, "Oh my god. They're going to kill you." But even though I knew, when I saw the episode, I was still shocked. It was still shocking to see that, because it was so well done. But that's the way life is when you lose somebody: it is shocking no matter what. Even if you're expecting it.

PS: I think it's going to set up a really interesting dynamic for the next season. It sounds like you don't really have an idea of where the story's heading yet, but what do you think as far as how this might impact the universe of The Good Wife?

CP: Well, similarly to True Blood, it's about a woman and her journey as she grows and goes in and out of relationships, her acceptance of things, her empowerment. So this is a great obstacle for [Alicia], and it's only going to make her character grow more. I think it was a blessing in disguise. We all know higher stakes when watching the show, because we know emotionally what she's going through and what she's having to accept. And now it's just going to make for stronger storylines. More interesting things for Julianna [Margulies] to play.

4. Whom will we see as guest characters?

Mike Colter as Lemond Bishop

5. New guest character: Steven Pasquale as///

He will join the cast of CBS’ The Good Wife for a Season 6 arc as a campaign expert courted by Alan Cumming’s Eli Gold to manage Alicia’s possible run for state’s attorney

6. Alicia and that job offer

TVLINE | Jumping to the final scene of the episode: Eli verbalizing out of left field the idea of Alicia running for State’s Attorney. I know you guys don’t ever bring up anything by accident. So, is that something Alicia is going to seriously consider?

Robert King: Oh, not immediately. She thinks that’s the stupidest idea she’s ever heard. But we ended Season 4 with Alicia saying, “I’m in,” meaning that she was going off with Cary [to start her own firm], and then starting [season 5] not right where that immediately happens. So [in Season 6], there are going to be events that push Alicia to consider this idea [of running for office] more seriously.

7. Return of the King...

Josh Charles is back... Not Will... Charles is back as director. Apparently, he will be directing few episodes.

OK, hope you liked the news...

Good to know all of that, especially on Carrie Preston!

I still think it's criminal that it wasn't nominated for Best Drama. I hate to say it, but season 5 was much better than seasons 4 of GoT and Downton Abbey.

Anyway, I just got to episode 12 of my season one rewatch. There's a scene, where Alicia sees the body of the high school quarterback who OD'd, and she looks at his feet, and says "His shoe is missing" or something like that and... let's just say I had a hard time explaining to the people who were watching that with me without spoiling season 5 why I teared up over that. I hate unexpected parallels.

More news for The Good Wife here, which tells us something we have been speculating might be going to happen. Some may consider this spoilage, but the producers put it out there, so ....

Nielsen joins previously announced guest-star Taye Diggs, who will recur as Dean Levine-Wilkins, a partner at Lockhart/Gardner who decides to join Diane in her move to Florrick/Agos.

• 3 weeks later...

Some minor spoilers of the first few episodes from TVLine:

The season launches with a "tango-like dance" of Eli attempting to convince Alicia to run for state's attorney, explain series creators Robert and Michelle King. That's good news for those who enjoy the chemistry between Alan Cumming's scheming campaign manager and Julianna Margulies' exasperated attorney/political wife. "The comedy and intrigue between the two of them is really unparalleled in Season 6," raves Michelle. (Finn Polmar's feelings about Alicia angling for the office he once sought will be explored as well, since his portrayer Matthew Goode will be in every episode, the showrunners promise.) Yet while the writers aren't planning anything as earthquake-level intense as Season 5's one-two punch of mutiny at Lockhart-Gardner and Will's violent death, there will be a story arc introduced in the season premiere — one involving Kalinda — that comes close, Robert teases. Back at Florrick-Agos, Cary will fret about his position at the firm in the wake of Diane coming aboard — she has fired him twice before, after all — while Diane and fellow LG alum Dean Levine-Wilkins (Taye Diggs) will struggle to adjust to their new firm's not-exactly-swank offices.

BONUS SPOILER | Remember that flirtatious intern of Governor Florrick's who "helpfully" stayed late — despite Eli's stern warnings — in Season 5's penultimate installment? Well, she'll be rearing her pretty head again in the Season 6 premiere.

Yay! for the first one! :bowdown:

• 3 weeks later...

So, season 6 starts tonight... Have fun, my dear friends... I will join the party not before October, 1st due to my inability to watch the show until then... Spoilers would be nice (although be careful with forum's policy about that :)) All and all, have fun tonight, and the rest of 22 Sundays until May. :cheers:

I kept expecting that surprise to be just a misunderstanding and for everything to go as expected right away. After last season, I really should know better. (I love this show)

The Alicia/Finn chemistry though :love:

The one disappointing thing about this episode was how little screentime Diane got, but David Lee and Canning standing creepily at the door as Diane and Alicia talked was enough for my forgiveness :rofl:

Wad anyone else surprised that creepy whatsisname didn't coming crawling out of the woodwork to offer Alicia the 1.3 million...

Who?

I watched the episode last night and really enjoyed it.

I wasn't expecting that:

they would not be able to free Carey once they were able to raise the money for the bail. But it makes sense given the nature of the charges and who actually gave the money for the bail. I imagine that Carey might be spending some more time in prison, so we'll get his story from a prison perspective. I also wonder what the tape says, it doesn't seem to me that someone as cautious as Carey would be stupid enough to give the kind of advice he's being accused of giving.

Also, this show really makes me hate/love Michael J. Fox. He's so good at being a complete asshole.

Archived