The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

And where do they go now? I honestly didn't expect her to win.

And this is where they went.

Maybe she didn't win. Or Prady, or someone else, is trying to frame her for ballot fraud.

Or . . . .

These past several episodes... wow.

Unless they're relying on a lot of red herrings, it seems pretty clear what will happen to Kalinda now. And Alicia... well, what happened to her was just plain disgusting, though somewhat unsurprising. We're probably getting a very angry Alicia next season; I'm all for it! :bowdown:

I knew the Will subject would come up; nothing would justify the narrative ignoring it in this arc.

I needed your post for that... Basically, it was implied that she will be gone, but she never officially exited.

And not just Robyn; where did Nathan Lane's character go?

Dirty politics is dirty.

So, you all think it's jail for Kalinda?

That would make three major characters who have had jail time on The Good Wife, starting with Peter, then Cary and now Kalinda. Not to mention Will escaped jail time and disbarrment by a squeak.

It's a bit weird that Bishop, who was so important most of the season, a looming threat to Kalinda, is now just poof.

But then, this is The Good Wife, so he's reappearance shouldn't be ruled out. :)

Yeah, I'm not convinced the Democratic party establishment would be so crazy about a 2/3rds majority that they would be willing to destroy the wife of a governor who's a potential future president even.

Forgot about Lane!

I can't say it's what I expected with what went down. But how much was Peter behind it?

I wondered how many comments until someone accused Peter to publicly humiliate the mother of his children and her greatest ally by accusing her of stealing an election, something that could possibly destroy his career as well. I'm disappointed, I figured it would be at least four or five...

If either Eli or Peter were in on the scheme, they would have told Alicia to give up, not to have her publicly humiliated.

Yeah, I'm not convinced the Democratic party establishment would be so crazy about a 2/3rds majority that they would be willing to destroy the wife of a governor who's a potential future president even.

I wondered how many comments until someone accused Peter to publicly humiliate the mother of his children and her greatest ally by accusing her of stealing an election, something that could possibly destroy his career as well. I'm disappointed, I figured it would be at least four or five...

If either Eli or Peter were in on the scheme, they would have told Alicia to give up, not to have her publicly humiliated.

Unless it's Peter trying to win her back. In a really warped way. Eli had nothing to do with it I suspect. But Peter...

This was good... Really good. I like how this show is actually doing the politics justice. I have seen some of the Scadal episodes and the politics is used as the second fiddle to the cheating President. But, here, we go right into lion's den. We see how politics work even without constantly including personal drama. TGW flirts sometimes with that on relation Peter-Alicia, but here it was just politics, as dirty as it can be. I heard a stories about "good party men" but that was about Communist Party of Yugoslavia back in 1970s, but this trumped those stories. And also, this had the nice Chekhovian atmosphere where Alicia is just a small part of the system, system with its rules they all have to abide to.

And also, whenever TV is on at house Florrick, something great is on it. What is their cable provider? :)

The last two episode didn't really credit CBS Chicago news anchor Rob Johnson well. It was odd watching him on the show in a couple scenes but also in the news bumps right before the show would come back from commercial.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, that was wow... Just wow...

I mean, when table is turned in the way it has been turned, you expect either two things: either some miraculous solution or someone being the hero and saving the day. Frankly, I was afraid we would get one of those. Either Kalinda and/or Eli saving the day for Alicia or Alicia becoming deputy to Prady. I know, a lot of cheap tricks on TV I am watching. Luckily, they did the best possible thing. They let Alicia crash and burn.

Regarding her story, this episode was very nice. From the full circle with Peter at conference, over the legal machinations and unexpected twist to just plain old human failure. The thing about this show is that it has always been intelligently written. And instead of giving us perhaps a bit too expected woman in power struggling for its piece of political sky, we got absolutely amazing story about self-preservation. I mean, we spoke so many times of deconstruction of St. Alicia, the good wife, but this was ripping her apart. So, while first several seasons gave us the deconstruction of the good wife in its personal, psychological way, this season with the past few episodes went nuclear on the public image of the good wife. And, now Alicia at the bottom. Do you know what makes this so delicious? This character with eternally polished suits and that old-fashioned wig formed to be like ivory figure of Galadrielesque inner strength is brought down. I mean, we have seen her mourn, hurt, even fired, but truly devastated on the professional level, this one is new. And I am enjoying every bit of it.

On the other note, we had Kalinda's exit which, even though that break of 5th wall might be considered a cheap trick, was very nice. I will miss her, but right now I am focusing on Alicia.

I'm just relieved that Kalinda got out alive.

Alicia will get over it, as Peter says. Writing a book is just the first step. These are the people who never really fail. They are too well connected with far too many resources. So it's Kalinda about whom I care most this episode. What will she do? At least she got the skills and connections to forge a new identity while disappearing which is really hard to do these days of data mining and surveillance and digital cross referencing and dna. I am worried about that left behind hair brush . . . .

Alicia will get over it, as Peter says. Writing a book is just the first step. These are the people who never really fail. They are too well connected with far too many resources.

Well, I believe that too. But the sole idea of seeing her down, fallen from grace, is something very exciting. It is the new territory for the character and even though we know she will eventually get much better, thing is that this gives wonderful chance for us to see her psychological struggle with all that has happened.

As for Kalinda, wasn't that all we are supposed to see from her?

Kalinda in this series is fini. She told us so, when exiting Alicia's apartment, turning to stand in the doorway and say, "Goodbye." But that left-behind hairbrush -- it feels so deliberate, as there is nothing else of hers, personal or impersonal, left behind.

What felt off as well was the negative space that Zach should have been filling. He surely would have at least phoned his mom and asked WTF is up with all this! Guess the writers didn't want to make room for that scene which, probably, couldn't be used to move anything along anyway.

What worries me with where things are going is that we'll end up seeing even less of the other characters on the show than this season. But other than that, I agree it was a good episode.

One thing I don't understand, though: it was Kalinda's last episode, and not even then could she share some actual screentime with Alicia? LIke, wtf? That hasn't happened since, what, season 3 or 4? (I do want to know what she wrote, even though I doubt it's that relevant)

Someone please remind me. Was Matan also in the first case Alicia had after Peter's scandal? In the first episode, I think... So, if I am not mistaken, and I think I am not, this was a nice circle.

I can't remember back that far! But he was certainly there early on.

Well. We did see Kalinda.

Well. We finally saw Zach again. (That story line was weird! I cannot a believe a mom like Alicia would go that far cutting off her son especially during an election campaign. OTOH, there have been more than one implausible story lines, particularly this messed up, mixed up season.)

In politics, in law, in finance, etc. the lesson we are doing take-away from this season of The Good Wife is it's never concluded history, it all comes back in one form or another.

Archived