The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

Yes! Seems like his kinda thing he'd stick his fingers into...

And don't we know what was on the tape? We saw that scene in the kitchen that is being referenced I thought...

Did we? Hmm, I remember seeing Alicia at Bishop's home meeting with him but not Carey. I can't recall when Carey met with Bishop alone at his house. If/when it happened it would have been last season, correct?

Did we? Hmm, I remember seeing Alicia at Bishop's home meeting with him but not Carey. I can't recall when Carey met with Bishop alone at his house. If/when it happened it would have been last season, correct?

Was it Alicia? I seem to recall Cary in the kitchen.

In terms of the seasonal story arcs doesn't it seem highly unlikely

that Alicia could possibly run for state a attorney when one of her firm's partners has been arrested for drug dealing related matters? Even if the charges get dropped eventually, and Carey avoids being indicted, or is proven not-guilty at a trial? Nor can this be any good for her husband, the governor, his administration and any political future.

True. Except, you know, television. :p

Though this current story could be something that indicates she won't be running.

This is the last season? If she runs, do they end the show on election night? Do they have her win early enough to be the one to have to prosecute Peter for something?

Mladen, I'm glad you exist, brother. You and are usually the only ones at these "women" things. Anyway, I loved the latest episode. I was kind of sad they didn't do that thing that goes "on Season 6 of The Good Wife..." I was really looking forward to that.

Off-topic: Anyone here watch Downton Abbey?

Was it Alicia? I seem to recall Cary in the kitchen.

Maybe I'm confusing it with a different season but I can't seem to remember that episode at all.

In terms of the seasonal story arcs doesn't it seem highly unlikely

that Alicia could possibly run for state a attorney when one of her firm's partners has been arrested for drug dealing related matters? Even if the charges get dropped eventually, and Carey avoids being indicted, or is proven not-guilty at a trial? Nor can this be any good for her husband, the governor, his administration and any political future.

Yeah, I don't get it either, besides it would be such a huge conflict of interest. I wish Finn was still running, I liked him.

I admit to a tear or so when

when Diane, as the very last thing she does in her LG office, removes the photo of herself with Will, tucks it under her arm and then marches out of her office to the elevator.

There. That's finally accomplished. I breathe a sigh of relief and satisfaction. Also, one

for Carey getting OUT, finally! And his getting out was due so much to his own legal work with and knowledge of ChumHum, its people and culture.

Yeah, it was Hillary, but Zorral's idea would certainly have made a much more touching moment.

I mean, I know TGW is not an overly emotional show, and that's part of why it's so good, but Diane sparing one thought to Will at that moment would have been nice.

I loved Eli's cunning strategies to convince Alicia to run, and how close she got to admitting to herself that she might actually want to do that.

O, I'm so sorry -- it went by in a flash, and my vision isn't good at the best of times.

Dang.

But it's good to be corrected so one doesn't labor under false assumptions, so thank you!

As well, I now recall that photograph in Diane's office, which I didn't until you all recalled it for me.

Ah the good times... The prodigal son returns... And he is so happy to be on this thread again...

So, allow me couple of words about these two episodes:

The first two episodes were, in lack of better terms, vibrant. TGW had its glorious moments in the past, from ground-shaking changes to devastating moments, but this start was a deep plunge into a new season with some rather interesting developments... I didn't expect to see Bishop so soon, let alone in this capacity. I like the step in new direction (can we say Carey-oriented direction?). I hope that Carey won't go from instigator to back seat spectator as he did in the last season.

Diane, on the other hand, was amazing in both these episodes. I loved the quiet, dignified, undisturbed exit she has taken, opposing so wonderfully Alicia's exit from LG when hell broke loose. I am peculiarly interested to see the dynamics in this new trio. Especially since this show has literally taken us to think in dual mode - Will/Diane, Will/Alicia, Peter/Alicia, Peter/Eli, Eli/Alicia, Alicia/Carey, Diane/Kalinda etc... I feel, and I may be wrong, but for the first time we will have the breaking the duo and making the trio (we know what happened to Derek Bond in Season 2) (I take Eli's interactions with Florricks somewhat independent of each other, since he has relationship with Peter on one, and with Alicia on another). So, I am so interested to see how this will work, and whether Carey will feel as pushed back as his sentiments are right now.

Now, a word or two about candidacy. It is hilarious how it is working and how Alicia doesn't want even to hear about it. I find Eli's shenanigans rather brilliant and her rejections are so Bill Cinton's infamous line repetition. And the more she negates it to everyone under the Sun, the more space we see for her nomination. Datepalm wrote once that "good wife" might be the platform for Alicia's political career, and I sure that Diane coming to FA means that Alicia won't run for office, but the question is, whether this is a start for Alicia's career in politics that would be actually the end of show.

Lastly, the show wonderfully juggled between so many storylines and brilliantly incorporated so many elements, from Peter's intern without panties, Finn, Lee and Canning, new characters, Alicia's past, Peter and Alicia... Actually it seems that no stone was left unturned.

I am so glad that the show is back... And that I am among you, people...

Mladen, I'm glad you exist, brother. You and are usually the only ones at these "women" things. Anyway, I loved the latest episode. I was kind of sad they didn't do that thing that goes "on Season 6 of The Good Wife..." I was really looking forward to that.

Off-topic: Anyone here watch Downton Abbey?

You welcome... I am also glad to exist :)

And yeap, I also watch DA... I think you have a thread about that too.

Yeah, it was Hillary, but Zorral's idea would certainly have made a much more touching moment.

I mean, I know TGW is not an overly emotional show, and that's part of why it's so good, but Diane sparing one thought to Will at that moment would have been nice.

I loved Eli's cunning strategies to convince Alicia to run, and how close she got to admitting to herself that she might actually want to do that.

I'm slightly annoyed by this development:

I don't want her to run, I really don't.

for Carey getting OUT, finally! And his getting out was due so much to his own legal work with and knowledge of ChumHum, its people and culture.

It was nice to see Cary and Alicia hugging it out, whatever their issues they trully care for each other.

I don't know that spoilers have to be THAT specific this far removed from the episode. That being said, I'm hoping Cary gets with the program and accepts what went down with Diane while he was away and the team is stronger for it. I suspect not though.

I don't know that spoilers have to be THAT specific this far removed from the episode. That being said, I'm hoping Cary gets with the program and accepts what went down with Diane while he was away and the team is stronger for it. I suspect not though.

It's a good thing for the firm though, especially the additions that Diane is bringing with her. Although, as you said, it's probably not what Cary wanted or how he wanted things to progressed with the firm.

Ah the good times... The prodigal son returns... And he is so happy to be on this thread again...

So, allow me couple of words about these two episodes:

The first two episodes were, in lack of better terms, vibrant. TGW had its glorious moments in the past, from ground-shaking changes to devastating moments, but this start was a deep plunge into a new season with some rather interesting developments... I didn't expect to see Bishop so soon, let alone in this capacity. I like the step in new direction (can we say Carey-oriented direction?). I hope that Carey won't go from instigator to back seat spectator as he did in the last season.

Diane, on the other hand, was amazing in both these episodes. I loved the quiet, dignified, undisturbed exit she has taken, opposing so wonderfully Alicia's exit from LG when hell broke loose. I am peculiarly interested to see the dynamics in this new trio. Especially since this show has literally taken us to think in dual mode - Will/Diane, Will/Alicia, Peter/Alicia, Peter/Eli, Eli/Alicia, Alicia/Carey, Diane/Kalinda etc... I feel, and I may be wrong, but for the first time we will have the breaking the duo and making the trio (we know what happened to Derek Bond in Season 2) (I take Eli's interactions with Florricks somewhat independent of each other, since he has relationship with Peter on one, and with Alicia on another). So, I am so interested to see how this will work, and whether Carey will feel as pushed back as his sentiments are right now.

Now, a word or two about candidacy. It is hilarious how it is working and how Alicia doesn't want even to hear about it. I find Eli's shenanigans rather brilliant and her rejections are so Bill Cinton's infamous line repetition. And the more she negates it to everyone under the Sun, the more space we see for her nomination. Datepalm wrote once that "good wife" might be the platform for Alicia's political career, and I sure that Diane coming to FA means that Alicia won't run for office, but the question is, whether this is a start for Alicia's career in politics that would be actually the end of show.

Lastly, the show wonderfully juggled between so many storylines and brilliantly incorporated so many elements, from Peter's intern without panties, Finn, Lee and Canning, new characters, Alicia's past, Peter and Alicia... Actually it seems that no stone was left unturned.

I am so glad that the show is back... And that I am among you, people...

Welcome back, Mladen! To you and your perfect comments :cheers:

I'm slightly annoyed by this development:

I don't want her to run, I really don't.

Part of me really wants her to run, but another part hates this development for what it likely means to the future of the show. It would be nice if there was a way to experience both possibilities simultaneously...

It's a good thing for the firm though, especially the additions that Diane is bringing with her. Although, as you said, it's probably not what Cary wanted or how he wanted things to progressed with the firm.

Cary likely feels he's facing a two against one scenario. It will be interesting how he reacts to the addition of some others as well.

What is the name of Lockhart/Gardner going to be now? Canning/Lee?

Cary likely feels he's facing a two against one scenario. It will be interesting how he reacts to the addition of some others as well.

What is the name of Lockhart/Gardner going to be now? Canning/Lee?

I was thinking that they might keep the name because of the prestige of it but I'm not sure.

They won't keep Lockhart -- there are so many reasons not to -- especially as they were determined to push her out anyway.

And now she's a partner at another firm, that will add her name.

Like others I too really hope that Alicia does not run for state's attorney. Though it's probably impossible for the writers to resist having her do so, with all the lines of drama from her past, Peter's past, everybody's past, that can get dragged up in the campaign.

Love, C.

Archived