The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

Nah, Will's death worked in part because it was the sort of thing you wouldn't expect to see on this show, but Alicia's two men being murdered in a relatively short span of time seems very Mexican soap opera to me.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think Will being killed off was an original plan. I can see Peter being something being plotted years ago. Particularly if he was killed in a magnet that has him coming off less magnanimous. How would Alicia have to deal with that? Or what if he were assassinated in a way that made him seem a martyr?

Nah, Will's death worked in part because it was the sort of thing you wouldn't expect to see on this show, but Alicia's two men being murdered in a relatively short span of time seems very Mexican soap opera to me.

:agree:

If Will hadn't died, that would make sense. But now? No, I find it more likely that he succumbs to another scandal and that serves as a way to distance Alicia from him once and for all (and hopefully for Eli to run to her team and let Peter sink). She's already told him that she wouldn't stand by his side a second time, so that sounds more reasonable, as long as they can find a way to let Alicia be politically victorious either way. and they probably will, the way that plot has been going.

I second that. Even if it was the original plan, now it kinda lost its appeal for me.

I was little worried Eli hasn't appeared at all in the latest episode, hope it's just a one time thing. And I wonder if they have a plan for a Finn Polmar character, other than becoming next romantic relationship for Alicia.

Well, that was interesting. I don't even know whether I expected it or not.

Now, Kalinda... careful, girl, or you're not lasting for long.

Alicia and Finn trying to avoid any romantic setting was just too adorable.

The way Eli has been acting, I think it more and more likely he'll just switch over to Alicia's team and leave Peter. I mean, she is his ideal candidate, that's only logical. And I enjoyed the interactions with his daughter this time.

Diane still has too little screentime, but hopefully that will change after these developments with Cary.

Wow, that was unexpected. Does that mean the case is closed and Cary goes to jail and is never going to practise law again? Could someone familiar with american law clarify this please? When you take the plea, there is no appeal, correct? Or is there still a chance for some last moment development?

Anyway, that was a tough play by Bishop.

Alicia Florrick writing that note even as a joke with her daughter? That's as implausible as elephants growing wings.

This season is not doing well, in my opinion.

If Cary goes to prison as a convicted felon, he cannot practice law when he gets out. Supposedly. This is Wisconsin, not Illinois, but there are convicted criminals practicing law, according to this story.

However, in many cases people cannot be prevented from practicing their profession by the state after servicing their sentence, as described here. But in other circumstance they can, as this same document documents.

But this is what the rules supposedly are, but evidently are infrequently in practice.

So it all depends, and probably on how good a lawyer you have and / or are?

Apparently "male energy on the show" meant "male that Alicia will at some moment fall for"... My head is exploding, so I won't go into much details of how wrong this is... Although, and I didn't say this, it is so cute...

The past two episodes, which I finally caught up with, due to my skull being cracked last week, proved to be what my healing brain needed. Somehow, this show is so relaxing and humorous that I will never understand why people think it is too serious. I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying Johnny as Alicia's campaign manager. The entire Pandorra's box from Prady was nice touch, as was Alicia's response to Peter's affair (funny how he basically "cheats" his wife with the blonde version of her). The video thing in episode 9 was a nice thing, and I had nice moments laughing when Alicia did those sad interviews.

Also, I have to say that Cary/Kalinda/Bishop are providing nice parallel to the campaign craziness. I am not into Diane having so little to do, even though she is in the front row. One thing that bugs me is what happened to the rest - Lee and Canning and of course, Taye Diggs' character. They almost just evaporated. And we need David Lee back.

As for the infamous note, I wish my mum had that sense of humor when I was in the school :). But, yeah, seriously, it was perhaps a good idea, but the execution of it was sloppy.

I am now interested, was this a mid-season finale, or are we to see more during winter. Honestly, I can't wait like the last year, even though they said about two 11-episodes-long arcs this year.

" ... (funny how he basically "cheats" his wife with the blonde version of her)"

Yah -- like Peter's trying still to get back at Alicia and Will's affair by repeating the entire same scenario of Will giving a betrayed wife who needs a job a chance.

He's better out of jail than in it.

Definitely. I don't see much potential for Cary in jail other than for a single episode or two. I just hope he's not going to leave the show after this season like Kalinda. AFAIK his contract expires as well...

TGW was not officially renewed for the next season yet, but the series creators once said in the interview, that they originally planned it for eight seasons IIRC.

As for the rumor you mentioned - what, during this season? Isn't it already completed? It would have to be next season I guess and the time jump couldn't be wider than a few years, right? Because of the actors' appearance, especially the younger ones.

Archived