The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

every single time anyone runs in this show, we have rather unpleasant opponent - Child, then it was Matthew Perry, now this. I am not fond of these scenarios, and I would like to see some opponent that is not mustache twirling villain.

I agree, a competent and likeable opponent would be very refreshing for once. I'm also a bit disappointed Alicia made her decision to run so quickly and hope they're not going to maneuver her into a romance with her new chief of campaign.

This is rather annoying for me. I mean, every single time anyone runs in this show, we have rather unpleasant opponent - Child, then it was Matthew Perry, now this. I am not fond of these scenarios, and I would like to see some opponent that is not mustache twirling villain.

Moreover, because, Peter's the head Mustache Twirling Villain Dawg. Politics is filthy; always has been, but we're at levels of filthy that are even beyond what we saw in the late 1890's and early 1900's. And Chicago, like New York, has always been leading the way.

It could be interesting to see Alicia personally dealing with this, as she must, if she's a candidate for an office as significant as State's Attorney. Or it could be, depending on the writers, just plain awful. She's always been able to close her eyes, turn her back and have more than plausible deniability to the sorts of chicanery, to put it mildly, that went on in her husband's campaigns. But when she's the candidate that's going to be much more difficult, meaning the closing of eyes. And even if she doesn't see, somebody else will, in the opposition and in the media, and she will be hit with it.

All that said -- in this horrid endless election campaign of filthy and money and media that passes for a political system in which we currently live here in the U.S., I would rather not have elections and campaigns take over a television series that I have, so far, liked so much, particularly the protagonist's life. This doesn't bode for any fun at all.

The quirk, the hackers' phone service, the circle and point of (no) return... I liked it...

Although this episode was more or less all over the place between Tascioni and hackers (and it was both hilarious and tragic), I would like to discuss "cross the Rubicon" of this episode. So, she is running. I can't say I am surprised, but we need "the morning after" episode now... I especially love Alicia and Peter standing in that hallway, across each other... It took six years and whole bunch of game-changing moments to make a full circle (I wish they were a bit more subtle about it). One has to love how Alicia pointed out the codependency between her and Peter. "Yeah, I need you, but, honey, never forget, you need me too." And let we be honest about this. Peter, as man of power, would have never stand beside her and clap while she announces her nomination. And that is why I love everything Alicia throws at him. You need to be a man to be Alicia, and Peter simply isn't. As much as Alicia is for him "his wife", the fact remains that in the past 6 years, the 6 years that speak about the road she has been on, she has been everything, the least of which is his wife."His wife" would never run, but Alicia has a chance... I am waiting to see what comes next, because as those photos at the end showed us, the places are changed.

Fun episode, almost too fun. Interesting to get inside Tascioni's brain, and I liked Alicia's strategy against her. As for the rest, I agree with Mladen's points.

Oh, boy... Not a good news... Proceed with caution :)

Archie Panjabi (Kalinda) is leaving TGW?!?!?!

I wish I could feel bad about it, but after how terrible her arc has been lately, it almost feels like mercy killing (metaphorically, of course; I doubt they'll be killing another main character so soon). I hope at least her relationship with Alicia is somewhat fixed until then.

On the bright side, if they're even bothering announcing it, that confirms they have plans for a seventh season, which I really wasn't sure to be the case. So, yay?

On the bright side, if they're even bothering announcing it, that confirms they have plans for a seventh season, which I really wasn't sure to be the case. So, yay?

Well, it seems that show is indeed in danger of being cancelled, something I honestly don't understand... The aim is 7 seasons, as I understood Robert King, but they have back-up plan in case CBS decides to end TGW in May.

Well, it seems that show is indeed in danger of being cancelled, something I honestly don't understand... The aim is 7 seasons, as I understood Robert King, but they have back-up plan in case CBS decides to end TGW in May.

CBS would be foolish to cancel after this year.

I'd like to have hope CBS, after keeping it on last year, will let it extend to it's final season. It would be fitting to end where it's supposed to end. That said, I still miss Will, and Kalinda's exit makes me happy for Panjabi. Kalinda's writing was extremely problematic in the last couple of seasons. Ever since the severing of her friendship with Kalinda, the writers were definitely conflicted about what to do with her.

CBS would be foolish to cancel after this year.

Yeah, especially if the ratings are the reason. As I have understood the article I have read, they are dissatisfied with the ratings (around 10 millions viewers). Now, some critics say that the ratings are not merit of show's either commercial or critical success. Basically, ratings are not the merit due to the fact that NBC has a sport's night every Sunday and that ratings of all Sunday prime-time shows are affected by it. Not to mention the fact that TGW became the champion of the network dramas, being the only non-cable drama with some prestige.

Yeah, especially if the ratings are the reason. As I have understood the article I have read, they are dissatisfied with the ratings (around 10 millions viewers). Now, some critics say that the ratings are not merit of show's either commercial or critical success. Basically, ratings are not the merit due to the fact that NBC has a sport's night every Sunday and that ratings of all Sunday prime-time shows are affected by it. Not to mention the fact that TGW became the champion of the network dramas, being the only non-cable drama with some prestige.

They have been a while, actually. There's been talk of cancellation ever since season 4. The Good Wife is always a Toss Up in the Cancellation Bear.

Whatever.

This episode crackled. It took a while to get into the groove for me the viewer, but they got me there, and I approved.

Once again though, it shows so much how little the writers can figure out what to do with Kalinda, who should, by all that's fair, be a terrific continuing character. Or, maybe not. What is the future for her sort of person? Getting hunched over and still wearing knee boots at 82, servicing these attorneys / politicians with nothing in return?

This happens in real life all the time, but doesn't make for riveting tv drama.

They're certainly attempting to show Kalinda is suffering from a crisis of who she is and what she wants even more than usual. Bouncing from Cary's bed to the FBI girl's bed...

Jealousy does not become Cary, by the way. Another character they need to get with the program in this season. And soon.

Such a silly episode, the last thing I expected was that final scene. I get like this :crying: just by thinking about it.

I will just say that I didn't cry when I saw that. I didn't... You remember that? I didn't cry. I didn't shed a tear...

Nice episode... The comical moments of this show has always been true pleasure for me. I find it ironic that they are back to the same old place, and it will undoubtedly bring some ghosts... I am also not fan of Cary being out-voted at every given moment. I loved that moment between him and Alicia... I would like to see a trio working in this series, and it is just not happening. I am interested in what comes next, but I would like to see Cary more satisfied and happier with the changes. And, I swear to God, entire episode I desired Alicia to go and say "Yeah, I am an atheist" but that is my naive thinking... I believe this opens for a new Alicia/Grace interaction, and I doubt, well it is clearly shown, that Grace isn't happy with being poster-child of such blatant lie.

As commented above -- that last scene: yes. And it worked because of all the goofy stuff that was rolling.

Cary, he can't catch a break -- but he still can't quite believe The Law can land on him like it does on those who didn't go to Harvard. He had rotten parenting, but so many he knew at Harvard also had rotten parenting -- that's a given. But that The Law would treat him like those outside that class, is just not conceivable, despite the evidence.

The one I'm feeling for is Kalinda, of course.

And then

Grace. It's not that she was used, because it feels that Alicia did everything not to be using, and she was never the one to bring up Grace in the interview. It was her Christian group that was determined to see words like "struggling" to mean capitulation, and to see it as capitulation rather than an expansion of fellowship. This is going to perhaps change Grace's own feeling about some things. However, there's no speculation on my part that this will change Grace's faith. Grace appears to me to be somebody who thinks for herself, and thanks to her mother, has the tools to do so.

It's all starting to be more interesting, right?

It's all starting to be more interesting, right?

I have been thoroughly enjoying this season... For a moment, it seemed aimless, but it is shaping nicely... I have some issues, but nothing big.

Not feeling the last two episodes. I never thought I would say this but apparently there is such a thing as "too much Elsbeth..." :leaving:

I do like that they are not taking the easy way out with Alicia though. She is becoming more and more unlikable tough it is much more realistic than her staying a saint. Thinking back to the first season and how Alicia and Carey were then, it is quite amazing how they changed (in opposite ways).

I agree, these episodes have shown us that Elsbeth is more enjoyable in small doses. But, other than that, I still think it was a good one.

Btw, I can't remember right now, have we seen Diane's and Cary's reactions to Alicia running?

Grace. It's not that she was used, because it feels that Alicia did everything not to be using, and she was never the one to bring up Grace in the interview. It was her Christian group that was determined to see words like "struggling" to mean capitulation, and to see it as capitulation rather than an expansion of fellowship. This is going to perhaps change Grace's own feeling about some things. However, there's no speculation on my part that this will change Grace's faith. Grace appears to me to be somebody who thinks for herself, and thanks to her mother, has the tools to do so.

That's an interesting perspective I hadn't considered. I think you're right.

Archived