The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

I agree, these episodes have shown us that Elsbeth is more enjoyable in small doses. But, other than that, I still think it was a good one.

Btw, I can't remember right now, have we seen Diane's and Cary's reactions to Alicia running?

That's an interesting perspective I hadn't considered. I think you're right.

She was shown deeply uncomfortable and unhappy with the group's reading. She may well be equally uncomfortable with her mother too, about the use of the subject in the campaign, not despite Alicia's known-to-Grace lack of faith, but because Alicia has been pressured to bow to hedging the subject -- even with the assistance of her daughter's knowledge and her own lawyer's analytical mind. I known nothing more than anyone else though, of course. These are just the thoughts that went through my mind while watching those scenes. Still, as a viewer I'm liking this aspect of the arc quite a bit, not least because it allows us to see Grace, and see Grace and Alicia together.

Oh, this episode. I felt so uncomfortable watching Alicia behaving that awkwardly, but Eli's face was the best! Nice resolution with Prady, and I love how, if he was telling the truth, it makes a nice parallel to how Alicia herself got into the race. And I might have cheered when Finn finally did what we all knew he was going to do soon.

I am in such love/hate place with the show right now. I am super-excited about Cary's storyline this season, and it may be the best part of this season, if not for some Alicia's moments.

I find rather tantalizing that apparently Peter will drool for the "blonde Alicia", as I call that hew lawyer of his, Rebecca was it? Also, I am glad for Finn... I mean, poor boy is finally taking a stand. I like him for some reason, his character is likable and I want more from him, but this season is not being that kind to his character. I loved the preparations for the interview, and the last scene... I like when Alicia gives "don't sell me that BS" look.

Oh, and I have read nice interview with Matt Czuchry on Carey's story this year...

Yah, Cary's storyline is shaping up very well. Actual tension and suspense. It's dangerous. I was worried when Kalinda went to Gary, IN, thinking visiting that sort of person without backup wasn't the wisest move she could make.

Then her visit did have lethal consequences, after all. Who do you think were behind the death of Trey?

P.S. The actor playing Finn Palmor played the wretched Wickham in that terrible BBC - PBS version of that terrible novel by P.D. James, Death Comes to Pemberley. Nobody in that little series (just broadcast here as 2 instead of the 3 eps it was in the UK) was any good. The script wasn't any good. The costumes were horrid -- Elizabeth Bennett wore the same ugly, drab dress the whole time.

So, the new candidate's father was a cop, you say? Is there any chance his brother was a psychiatrist on radio?

I also found a little too convenient that Bishop's guy

was immediately killed after he was found

Unless they're implying someone is following Kalinda...or that Castro himself delivered the location to Bishop. If not, then just too convenient.

Best episode of the season so far, from the political machinations to all the heartfelt character moments. And so nice to finally have Alicia care about something more specific!

I'm not sure I understand what that blank card would do, though.

Anyway, seems clear to me that Kalinda will end up this season either dead or forced to be on the run from Bishop

And of course we know the actress is leaving

Everything points to that.

Well, looks like someone was following Kalinda last week.

Anyway, seems clear to me that Kalinda will end up this season either dead or forced to be on the run from Bishop

And of course we know the actress is leaving

Yeah, I got the same feeling.

Yeah, Kalinda will die, sacrificing herself for Cary.

Hmm, not sure about sacrificing part, but this episode had rather gloomy atmosphere in her scenes.

Best episode of the season so far, from the political machinations to all the heartfelt character moments. And so nice to finally have Alicia care about something more specific!

I'm not sure I understand what that blank card would do, though.

I am also puzzled with what the blank card would do...

Yeah, this season is shaping rather nicely. I liked Finn and Alicia's interactions, and they are becoming rather nice touch to the show. I am still a bit confused what Finn's role in the show is supposed to be, but he is at least interesting in the past few episodes.

Finn was supposed to be the new Will in the sense they wanted someone with Will's "male energy". The character, while very good, didn't ended up developing this way though, I'm not sure if by the actor or the writing's fault.

And of course the only other big (no pun intended) alpha male of the show besides Will is Peter, ironically enough.

I dunno about this episode, though I always like it when Alicia's brother is in a story line.

The entire political arc has lost what little interest it ever held for me. I don't care because I can't see why Alicia would even want to be SA.

It was more interesting to me Sunday that two of the actors we've seen so often on TGW were in the second episode of Worricker, which was on PBS, almost fluff, but fun because how can Bill Nye on a small tropical island income tax have be anything else? (I saw the first episode some years bacKk): the actor who plays David Lee and the one who is the weird, kinky sexual experimenter - perhaps wife killer. Both of them were baddies in Worricker. When The Good Wife gets very far away from Diane-Alicia-Cary-Kalinda-Grace-Eli-Zach-Peter actions and reactions, the show gets dull for me. All of them are wasted this season, except, perhaps, at times Cary and Eli.

First, some Downton Abbey/The Good Wife news

Matthew Goode will be on Season 5 Downton Abbey's Christmas Special. Apparently he will be Mary's love interest.

Finn was supposed to be the new Will in the sense they wanted someone with Will's "male energy". The character, while very good, didn't ended up developing this way though, I'm not sure if by the actor or the writing's fault.

And of course the only other big (no pun intended) alpha male of the show besides Will is Peter, ironically enough.

Yeah, we discussed it when Goode joined the show last spring, but I am still not seeing it... Although, he is kind of guy I would like to spend time with. He would be great friend.

Sunday's episode, which I didn't get a chance to see until tonight, is the best one of this season by far. It was most satisfying. It's as though it has taken the writers this long to hit a groove.

I like that they begun to use Bishop from someone that was just a client that happened to be a criminal and a political problem to an actual threat to the characters, showing the consequences of willingly deal with someone like that for so long.

I'm also enjoying how ambiguous Prady is: we don't know if he's a crook trying to con Alicia or a mostly honest guy who doesn't want to have a campaign with all the dirt. If the show was from his POV, we would be thinking the same thing about her.

It seems Alicia is finally able to see the outlines of why she wants to run for SA at all -- or at least her campaign staff is helping her do that -- or doing it for her. An outline that makes sense too, both for her and as a campaign strategy. How honest all together this is, well, that may be ambiguous.

We've also come back to the original core of the series, Alicia standing by Peter, and the subsequent struggle she goes through as a person, a wife and mother, to define who she is after such life-shattering events as infidelity (gone public on top of it, so the whole world knows her humiliation by her husband) and husband and father of her children sent to prison. She's still wrestling with it, but she's gotten a lot tougher, and even developed or allowed out, a streak of meanness -- part of getting tougher and surviving, for herself and the children. The back-and-forth in the car after their joint interview was harsh, wasn't it? Do you think Alicia would have been able to say those things even last year?

In the meantime though, its as though we've got two different shows going on here: the campaign and the firm, i.e. Cary, and they're not coming together, while Diane is entirely sidelined. I miss her.

Is that a The Following joke? :rofl:

I can't say I'd shed a tear for that man, though.

Not a joke at all. I never watched the following.

I've long maintained that the only viable resolution for Peter's character, whether he's redeemed in the eyes of Alicia and the viewers or not, is his death. It's another layer to Alicia's arc.

The introduction of Connie Neilson makes for a nice candidate. An old lover, engaged in a new affair with him. An affair he's not prepared to let go of, as evidenced by the last episode. It's a boiling pot.

Archived