The Good Wife 2: The Good Fight Season 2

Mladen

And where do they go now?

That's exactly the question I asked.

It does seem . . . Lamond Bishop is going to play a role in what happens next. Maybe she'll get impeached or whatever is done to State Attorneys proven to be mixed up with drug kingpins, retired or otherwise. Kalinda's been followed already, for quite some time.

This was an excellent episode. I loved the video shoot-em up, on election day, no less, while Diane shoots a deer among all the other real kingpins of corporate billionaires. Diane was great. Those scenes in Wyoming were splendid. So was the scene between Alicia and Prady when she invited him to be deputy. There was real pain in his face about losing, and he stuck to his own guns, so to speak.

Elfman's going, gone, and Finn's with someone, so that aspect of her life is wide open too.

But how do the writers keep merging the storylines of Alicia with that of the law firm and all our other favorite characters?

Do you all think the last part of this season will be all Alicia, Kalinda and Bishop? Kalinda's had nothing to do all year.

By the way the actor playing Elfman had a supporting role in the new Netflix binge-watch, Bloodline, which is quite good, if you like this sort mix of Jacobin revenge melodramas, the evil spirt let loose in the house of Charles Burnett's film, To Sleep With Anger, Damages (the team that made that series, which I much admired and enjoyed made Bloodline), portentious opening title song and some latino culture, as well as some Spanish. In any case it beat the third season of House of Cards all to heck.

Speaking of which, as a political drama, this season of The Good Wife also beat HoC all to heck. :) They dealt with real issues and real platforms and politics, not the bs the HoC writers pulled out from lordessa knows whre.

I was frustrated when Prady didn't agree to work with Alicia - think of all the cool polite disagreements scenes we might have had! But also relieved; he deserves better. I hope he'll still show up once in a while, though.

Okay, best thing this episode was Alicia and Finn playing Halo, and Diane completely out of her comfort zone (but still fabulous, somehow) hanging out with Republicans. But what was the deal with the episode aired one year after "Dramatics, Your Honor" showing everyone suddenly loving guns? :bang:

Yay to Elfman not sticking around. No yays for Finn's new girlfriend. And Peter still sucks, but at least he works as an excuse for delightful Eli scenes.

I'm as confused as the rest of you about Bishop and Kalinda. I still don't see her surviving the season, though.

I was spending my TV time watching Matt Czuchry in "Gilmore girls" when I suddenly realized I am missing TGW... I am ashamed...

Well, this episode was good. Actually, quite good. I will mourn Johnny, if for nothing then at least for not having one wild night with Alicia. She really needed that. And I had no idea Mary Crawley likes going out at nights :) Bad jokes aside, there was a wonderful moment where Alicia was standing between Finn and Johnny. Interestingly how she had two of them, and now... Both gone...

I loved Diane. There is something hilariously interesting seeing Democrats' ideology about guns being challenged on TV. It reminded me of Boston Legal and Alan Shore hanging with Danny Crane. The Halo game was also great, especially "JusticeGirl" avatar. I missed Grace in this episode.

As for Kalinda and Bishop, those are rather cringeworthy moments. Panjabi is doing a great job bringing Kalinda's fear to life. You could basically feel how terrified she is. And you know it is not good when Kalinda is frightened.

And where do they go now? I honestly didn't expect her to win.

Hmm... I don't know... IIRC, Datepalm argued that this might be the step stone to entire political career. Perhaps the show is rounding up next year so this is the direction they are having with Alicia.

I was hoping Alicia would lose, and you'd have an interesting change to see a DA that was actually honest.

I was hoping for the same. I was actually hoping Prady would win because I honestly thought he was a far better candidate. I actually liked him way more than Alicia. And still do.

Also,

the actress who plays Kalinda is leaving the show. Well, according to my friend who basically stalks her.

That's not really a spoiler anymore. Mind you, there's been no announcement for another season for any of them at this point.

Jesus, I never thought of that... What they are going to make? Bishop puling RW on LGA and afterwards Peter becoming a President...

BTW, I am still annoyed about not getting any news on Agent Carter... I hate the anticipation.

A most messy and unsatisfactory episode for me, though there were high spots. But the whole did not come together.

Considering that Alicia's been married to man who has held elective positions she seems remarkably surprised by what happens the day after one wins. Also, hacking, again?????

A most messy and unsatisfactory episode for me, though there were high spots. But the whole did not come together.

Considering that Alicia's been married to man who has held elective positions she seems remarkably surprised by what happens the day after one wins. Also, hacking, again?????

Oh, yeah, I forgot there was a hacking already. But, TGW was always up to current events, although I am not biggest fan of this season's episodes regarding that subject. First, Ferguson case and now this...

I am very interested to see where will the Finn thing go... But, I won't lie, the parrot-like Alicia repeating Eli's words was hilariously dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to have TGW back. I missed the episode where Alicia won the election. With the hacking story and the gay marriage lawsuits, the show continues it's very good form of incorporating current affairs. By contrast, Newsroom had a 12 month lag on reflecting new stories.

I also wonder if they will cut out all of the law firm characters next season, but they have not yet invested enough in the new SA cast to make that work.

I have noticed that when (Reilly?) the disorganized dad investigator makes an appearance, he often arrives to discover some illegal hijinks by Kalinda, and he always discovers the secret. I feel like his character represents the ideas that your misdeeds will always be discovered, that nothing can be hidden forever.

Totally just realized that Robin has kinda disappeared without any explanation...

I needed your post for that... Basically, it was implied that she will be gone, but she never officially exited.

Archived