[Books & Show Spoilers] the Viper

Just wonder what people think about the vipers...

death. I belief that he will kill the mountain but not die as in the books. I hope they are going to combine Quentyn and Oberyn, making Oberyn propose to Dany and then die by fire :)

We have seen alot of differences so far, this is one i would welcome. How about you guys?

About how Oberyn will die, Lena and Pedro (Cersei and Oberyn) were on a magazine together, and there was -> this interesting picture. I saw someone speculate that they might be hinting at Oberyn's death, and that would mean it stays the same as in the books. I don't really know what to think of that, but it would be pretty crafty.

This from a GQ Interview of Pedro Pascal :

Spoiler alert! We know—and got a peek in the trailer—that Oberyn will get his fight with The Mountain.
It was a lot of fight choreography that was stuff I'd never done before. I have mostly stage experience. So I've never done anything as challenging as this. We filmed in Croatia at the Hotel Dubrovnik, which is basically abandoned—it was destroyed during the war. There was this amphitheater right over the water that the crew set beautifully. It was the most insane production team I'll probably ever work with. It was thrilling and scary, grueling and beautiful, and delicious, and fun. David and Dan, in their adaptation, still refuse to completely betray the books, but they keep surprises hidden.

Uhmm, no. That was and still is Elia and her children's deaths.

My memory is ever fuzzy, but Dorne had stayed out of the war completely, and it was Oberyn's death that made the Sand Snakes want to incite war, no? I know Doran had some different stuff planned before against Tywin and them, but surface-level, everything had been calm on the Dornish front before Oberyn died.

Archived