A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

Can I just ask whether the spoiler tags in the OP still open correctly and display all the content for people? I'm having problems with them, and I'm not sure if it's just my device/internet (which are temperamental at best) or an issue on the site.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Can I just ask whether the spoiler tags in the OP still open correctly and display all the content for people? I'm having problems with them, and I'm not sure if it's just my device/internet (which are temperamental at best) or an issue on the site.

I see only one spoiler tag, but when I click on it, a very long list appears, and it seems to me that all the text displays, and does so correctly  (ending with links to westeros.org projects and links and other running threads/westeros.org subsections).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My theory has proven pretty decent this far but the problem is that it's massively unprecise because of all the possibilities. Based on this idea, I've been able to decently well predict some things in newer books, but also pondered tons of (at least to this point) useless ideas. The core idea, though, is that in the series things occur in pairs. Martin really loves to show us something and then turn the qhole set-up around to be as opposite as possible.

There is a pompous king out there? Lol, it's not a king, it's a bastard. See that shabby bastard over there? That's a real king.

Knightly knights turning out to be or becoming monstrous (either appearance-wise or in other ways). And grotesque figures doing the actual "knightly" deeds.

"Bad guys" becoming good and "good guys" going bad. A classic, but I'm sure Martin will use it in the most horrible and delicious ways possible. Also, good intentions leading to horrible or even worse than horrible consequences, cowards being the real heroes etc.

Symbolism turning around. For example: Sansa "the little bird", being naive and religious as the Hound creeps her out. Guess what: there'll be an "evil mastermind -Sansa" and Sandor the Sparrow. 

This whole point has lead me to find a ton of connections between characters and events... But also speculating that the endgame of the story is highly likely to corrupt and make the main antagonists from all the "sympathetic good guys" we all have grown to love, and possibly also give us the slimiest, least pleasant "heroes" of all times. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Consigliere said:

Here you go: http://acornhall.tumblr.com/

Includes links to the various threads on this forum as well as Yeade's seven part essay, Lady Gwyn's 'Grand Riverlands Conspiracy' and Bran Vras' 'The Winterfell Huis Clos.'

Would anyone know if there's a different link for this? I followed this one, and it's something else altogether. This is now in Polish. It's called Acorn Hall still.

On 2016/09/10 at 3:39 PM, Lady Lark of the NorthWood said:

Would anyone know if there's a different link for this? I followed this one, and it's something else altogether. This is now in Polish. It's called Acorn Hall still.

Yeade's seven part essay: The North Remembers

Lady Gwyn's essay: The GNC: Riverlands Edition, or Wolfish Hearts in the Riverlands

Bran Vras's essay: The Winterfell Huis Clos

Various threads on this forum examining the GNC:

The northmen inside and outside Winterfell. Conspiration?

The Great Northern Conspiracy, Reexamined

The Great Northern Conspiracy, Part 3

Le Grande Northern Conspiracy, Parte the Fourth

A Northern Conspiracy of Grand Proportions: Part V

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Consigliere said:

Thank you, ser! This is one of my favorite theories.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Rudolph Rum said:

Is there any particular reason that the Ned + Oshara = Jon/ R+L=Young Griff/Aegon theory is not included here?
Or am i missing something?
Newcomer, hi all

Any theories that contradict Jon Snow being the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, and Daenerys being the daughter of Aerys I and Queen Rhaella are generally considered to be crackpot. 

22 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Any theories that contradict Jon Snow being the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, and Daenerys being the daughter of Aerys I and Queen Rhaella are generally considered to be crackpot. 

Well I suppose I am to be considered crackpot, as I don't buy R+L=J, yet. Where does Young Griff fall into this? Who are his folks?

1 hour ago, Rudolph Rum said:

Well I suppose I am to be considered crackpot, as I don't buy R+L=J, yet. Where does Young Griff fall into this? Who are his folks?

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. I would say the leading theory on Aegon is that he is not actually the son of Rhaegar Targaryen, and that he is a descendant of Daemon Blackfyre, but there are many variations, and the Aegon theories are much less widely accepted than RLJ and the Daenerys presumption. 

13 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. I would say the leading theory on Aegon is that he is not actually the son of Rhaegar Targaryen, and that he is a descendant of Daemon Blackfyre, but there are many variations, and the Aegon theories are much less widely accepted than RLJ and the Daenerys presumption. 

Ace, i'll look into that - Thank you.

• 2 months later...