Stone Dragon by Mel

VisenyaLives

Is it possible that Mel thinks that Windwrym , one of the towers shaped like a dragon at Dragonstone is the one she claims she can awaken for Stannis?

And I just remembered at HotU with the visions Dany sees (A great stone beast takes wing from a smoking tower, breathing shadows)

I don't think it points to a stone dragon from Dragonstone as Stannis no longer has Dragonstone. Stannis has already been mentioned in the previous vision, and showing a vision relating to Stannis again would be redundant. I think the stone beast breathing shadow fire actually refers to a hidden Targaryen.

Good catch! I think Mel really did interpret that prophecy literally and she could have very well thought that tower was the actual thing, but I think the prophecy refers to Jon Snow coming back to life or waking up after he was stabbed (well, that's my guess, anyway)

And also, Mel should have realized by now that king's blood don't mean shit. She burned Alester Florent, a descendant of the Kings of the Reach, and nothing happened (well, she did get good winds, but that could have been a coincidence. Or maybe Alester had very little king's blood, who knows :dunno: )

The prophecy says a stone beast breathing shadow fire. The word beast is telling. Just because we usually associate fire-breathing with dragons doesn't mean this one has to be a dragon. Could be something else, like a half-dragon, half-direwolf LC who's lying wounded in the snow.

It could be tyrion? He has been exposed to greyscale.

Cersei burned down the tower of the Hand, where he used to live and the scene of his last telling action in KL.

Breathing shadows could possibly refer to spreading lies/damaging another player? (last bit is crackpot i admit)

It could be tyrion? He has been exposed to greyscale.

He's also had dragon dreams, but then again so has Shireen (and been more obviously affected by greyscale).

The prophecy says a stone beast breathing shadow fire. The word beast is telling. Just because we usually associate fire-breathing with dragons doesn't mean this one has to be a dragon. Could be something else, like a half-dragon, half-direwolf LC who's lying wounded in the snow.

Plz yes! I don't wanna sound like a fanboy but I can't help it. Jon's my fav character and ive been getting this real bad feeling Jon is gonna die, no rez, no warging, just dead. Obviously there is a mile of reasons why this is not the case but I still worry.

"Stone Dragon" by Mel sounds like an asskicking perfume.

He's also had dragon dreams, but then again so has Shireen (and been more obviously affected by greyscale).

Shireen has dragon blood.

WOW

There is another little girl who seems to have those too, with Arianne, but I don't remember her name nor family.

"Stone Dragon" by Mel sounds like an asskicking perfume.

Shireen has dragon blood.

WOW

There is another little girl who seems to have those too, with Arianne, but I don't remember her name nor family.

Again it doesn't have to be a dragon. But I do love the idea of the stone part having to do with Shireen's grayscale, and the dragon in her being awakened. Of course given that she's not full-blooded dragon she could qualify as well as Jon does for a beast. She'd be part dragon, part stag, part turtle (Grandma Baratheon was an Estermont), and part Fox, at the very least. A dragon-stag-turtle-fox would be one funky looking creature. Definitely could be described as a "beast."

I really think if it was supposed to be a dragon, the prophecy would say dragon. Mel really needs to go back and retake Understanding Prophecy 101.

ETA: regarding the part in spoiler tags, I don't remember the name either but she lives in Dorne. May or may not have any dragon blood.

A statue is made of stone- it is not the real thing- it is a representation. This vision could be a metaphor to symbolise someone who looks like a "dragon" (a Targaryan) becoming a living dragon by declaring itself as such and, more importantly, being treated as one by the people of westeros. It does this, not by breating flames, but by breathing "shadows", and as we all know, Varys has explained that power is nothing more than a shadow- a trick, an illusion. This is a metaphor for a Targaryan being declared and the declaration being spread.

A further link to stone is the fact that his protector, Jon Connington is rapidly turning that way.

A statue is made of stone- it is not the real thing- it is a representation. This vision could be a metaphor to symbolise someone who looks like a "dragon" (a Targaryan) becoming a living dragon by declaring itself as such and, more importantly, being treated as one by the people of westeros. It does this, not by breating flames, but by breathing "shadows", and as we all know, Varys has explained that power is nothing more than a shadow- a trick, an illusion. This is a metaphor for a Targaryan being declared and the declaration being spread.

A further link to stone is the fact that his protector, Jon Connington is rapidly turning that way.

It's not a dragon.

But, as has been noted elsewhere, a griffin is a beast as well. The stone beast and the waking dragons from stone may be unrelated, despite the readers' natural tendency to link the two.

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

It seems to me that the prophecy states that the reason Azor Ahai is reborn is to wake the dragons out of stone. Azor Ahai, not his/her sidekick gal-pal Mel. Not that I see this stopping Mel from trying anyways, as we have already seen with her having Stannis stick his sword in the fire and call it Lightbringer. She could have saved herself a step since that sword would have been red with heat when it was originally forged already. But whether we take this prophecy literally or metaphorically, this phrasing is too exact to allow for reinterpretation.

From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire.

The elements provided point to a dragon being the most likely, since Griffins don't breath fire. However, an argument could be made that, if taken metaphorically, it could be a Griffin (great stone beast with wings) declaring (breathing) a fake dragon to be real (shadow fire if we take fire to represent dragon/Targaryen). In other words possibly Jon Connington declaring Aegon a true dragon when he is in fact a fake. Not saying this is the truth, just pointing out another way to interpret this vision.

All I feel is certain is that Azor Ahai needs to be the one to wake the dragons and anyone else doing it make the prophecy null and void.

Is it possible that Mel thinks that Windwrym , one of the towers shaped like a dragon at Dragonstone is the one she claims she can awaken for Stannis?

And I just remembered at HotU with the visions Dany sees (A great stone beast takes wing from a smoking tower, breathing shadows)

That was my first thought, but Dragonstone seems to be lost to the cause. Maybe there is one beneath the wall? Although I think the Wall predates dragons...

Archived