How would you rate episode 406?

How would you rate episode 406?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

AGAIN, I think the only way to improve ratings accuracy would be to vote per-scene as well as per-episode. Because it seems that most people are reading the poll as: This Episode -- Great or The Greatest So Far.

I don't have the time to do that.

I would like to support the poster who complimented Nikolaj's acting. It has been consistently superb throughout the show and I think it is way better than anything Dinklage offered this season. So, if anyone deserves an Emmy nomination, it's Nikolaj.

Agreed.

Im sitting up re reading Dance and watching. The show.I got too say peter d inklege gteat portraysl of tyrion was terexcitian exciting stannis and davos hit home runs too. I can't give yhrm all my praise.

maybe reading, watching and typing is beyond you :laugh:

I gave this a 7. It was quite possibly the weakest episode yet screened. The Daenarys scene was fine, but was ripped straight off of Priam's supplication to retrieve Hector's body in The Iliad. The Stannis scene was aimless filler, and of course contrary to the novels. The Tyrion trial was excellent, and it's nice to see the betrayal by Shae I'd feared might not actually happen. What dragged it down for me were the ludicrous scenes involving Asha's (Yara's) attempt to free Theon, which not only run totally contrary to the books and possibly might screw up their proper story arcs, but they were also badly acted, badly written, badly staged and seemed like something from a Monty Python sketch. But at least the implied (one-sided) homoeroticism of the Ramsay/Reek relationship was dwelt on in the somewhat poignant, and subtle, excellent scene near the end. But, boy was that failed Dreadfort rescue awful. As if Theon at any stage wouldn't have wished to be rescued when his sister opened his cage!

I only gave it a 7 and I'll tell you why. I just didn't rate the acting in some scenes. I felt the Danny and Hiz scene was just odd. Their acting just didn't quite sit right with me. It was lacking a little something, a little too affected. The looks from Selmy and Jorah were good, though. Plus, it made no sense as to why Hiz needed a translator when he then goes on to speak fluent Westerosi.

The trial was well played out and Lena and Charles Dance were great. Plus the chap who plays Jamie. I just didn't believe Dinklage's performance. It was really good, but again, was just lacking a little I don't know what.

I liked the Asha scene. Her, Alfie Allen and the chap who plays Ramsay - all did brilliantly, but the fighting looked fake. The chap who plays Ramsay and Alfie should definitely figure for awards. The scene with him and Alfie was great. The little nervous looks really made it. Ramsay's eyes. His unspoken unpredictability. Brillant casting. I liked a lot of the little touches.

Oberyn was great too. Look at Lena Headley's hand at the end of the trial scene and her facial expressions. Same goes for Marg. Great skill in conveying feelings w/o doing much. Good, subtle acting skills.

Always love watching Varys too. Loved the scene with him and Oberyn as it raised a lot of qs regarding his true objectives.

Edited by TheonsPhantomCock

Anyone else notice that when the scenes are mostly word for word the same as the books its really, really good? And when they add in something stupid like Asha sailing all around Westeros, up a river, and attacking the Dreadfort and then running away because of stupid dogs, its really, really stupid?

Anyone else notice that when the scenes are mostly word for word the same as the books its really, really good? And when they add in something stupid like Asha sailing all around Westeros, up a river, and attacking the Dreadfort and then running away because of stupid dogs, its really, really stupid?

Yes, I have noticed exactly that!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...