[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

Title: Mockingbird
Runtime: 52 minutes
Written by: David Benioff and Dan Weiss
Directed by: Alik Sakharov
TVMA: Adult Content, Adult Language, Graphic Content, Nudity

Official Synopsis: Tyrion gains an unlikely ally; Daario asks Dany to allow him to do what he does best; Jon's warnings about the vulnerability of the Wall are ignored; Brienne follows a new lead.

Official Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygU32GP5Jgs

Official Recap: [not yet released]

Other Sources: http://tinyurl.com/c8q7jwf, http://tinyurl.com/my9jewy, http://tinyurl.com/khuce9s

NOTES: I will update this post throughout the week as I learn new information. If something is italicized, it is merely speculation. If not, it is concrete information.

-
As far as I can tell, these characters will not appear: Davos, Theon, Yara, Bran, Ygritte

In King's Landing: Jaime berates Tyrion for his decision to call for a trial by combat. Presumably, Tyrion will try to get Bronn to champion him and fail miserably. Fortunately, Oberyn pays Tyrion a visit and offers to be his champion ("If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place.") The queen chooses Gregor Clegane as the royal champion. Gregor executes some commoners on Cersei's order, probably in an attempt to frighten Oberyn and/or Tyrion (and the audience) by demonstrating the Mountain's brute strength and merciless brutality (at one point, Gregor impales a man with his greatsword and lifts him up into the air).

Jon and his group return to Castle Black from Craster's Keep. The Night's Watch prepares for the wildling assault. Jon makes suggestions, but is rebuffed by Alliser and/or Janos.

Brienne and Podrick continue their quest and pursue a new lead. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it has something to do with the Brotherhood Without Banners and their new leader.

Melisandre takes a bath and shares a moment with Selyse (in a ship cabin, at Braavos, or back on Dragonstone? - I can't tell from the promo). The sorceress shows the Queen her powders of manipulation and a vision in the flames.

Daario asks Dany to let him 'do what he does best.' Whatever that means. Possibly carrying out a hit on somebody? Being sent on a mission? Or something more intimate? Dany sure looks infatuated.

Arya learns the gift of mercy. Sandor learns about the bounty on his head ("Thanks to you, I'm a walking bag of silvers!") and removes his armor (so he could be less identifiable?). Apparently, they get into a fight with bounty hunters and the Hound suffers some wounds. I assume this is the episode where Arya and the Hound learn about Joffrey's death; with news of Sandor's bounty must come news of the recent regicide.

Sansa builds a snow castle resembling Winterfell and is threatened by a jealous aunt. Littlefinger rectifies the situation with a short, sharp shove. Unknown if Littlefinger actually kisses Sansa (Aiden Gillen stated in an interview that the Littlefinger/Alayne relationship would be less creepy, more paternal.)
-

This hour looks to set up the big events of the final three episodes of the season, while still holding a few big events of its own. I especially look forward to Tyrion, Arya and Sansa's scenes. Also interested to see how the new actor for the Mountain is.

What do you guys think? Anything to add?

Daario requesting to kill someone is more likely than sex. He says the exact words "let me do what I do best" after saying she should let him take of her enemies. It's possible, of course, that that was edited and he is asking for sex, but it seems less likely than a killing based on the preview.

I'm slightly shocked we're getting Lysa flying this early I genuinelly expected it to be in E10 right before the SH reveal. I wonder what will Sansa do for the remaing episodes since her ASOS arc is over. Anyways, it's good to see the snow castle come to life.

btw, I found this labeled as the recap of the episode:

Brienne follows a new lead on the road with Podrick; Tyrion finds a surprising ally; Jon's warnings about the Wall's weaknesses are ignored; Daenerys mulls giving Daario a longer leash.

So we are thinking the Hound will get his wound this week? First time without armor so maybe the best time for it to happen.

Good question on that Mel and Selyse scene. I thought it was dragonstone, so when does Mel leave for the North (as I am assuming that is where Stannis is going next and not back to Dragonstone).

The new lead for Brienne I assume will take her off the path to the wall and into the riverlands (maybe its word of the hound and Arya, though I guess someone could of blabbed about Sansa's rd hair). Actually I think its definitely a Hound/Arya lead. I think this will mark our first mention of the Brotherhood this season and she will learn they had Arya. Gets her on track, and reminds the audience about them for the set up and payoff for LS.

Daario requesting to kill someone is more likely than sex. He says the exact words "let me do what I do best" after saying she should let him take of her enemies. It's possible, of course, that that was edited and he is asking for sex, but it seems less likely than a killing based on the preview.

Maybe they're starting the SotH subplot already? It seems too soon for my taste but you never know with D&D.

I'm a bit shocked OC is in this ep. But I guess they will make the most of it, perhaps Oberyn's offer is second to last scene and OC is the ending.

So much has it/is going to happen in the last 3 episodes I am not that shocked. It would be overkill to add that on top. Doing it now lets it breath more. It does mean Sansa is pretty much done for the season (I don't think we will get much more from her plot), but a lot needs to get done. Not a bad place to go into the break either.

Positive Ygritte's death will happen in episode 9. This episode HAS to end with Only Cat.

Agreed, nothing major happens again with the Wall storyline until episode 9 when it ALL happens. And yes this episode should end with Only Cat.I like the idea of starting with the Snow Castle, having another scene in the middle and ending with Only Cat.

I'm slightly shocked we're getting Lysa flying this early I genuinelly expected it to be in E10 right before the SH reveal. I wonder what will Sansa do for the remaing episodes since her ASOS arc is over. Anyways, it's good to see the snow castle come to life.

btw, I found this labeled as the recap of the episode:

Lords Declarant are cast.

On Daario: could he asking for permission to kill Jorah? Given the extraordinary speed of communication in TV-Westeros/Essos, perhaps Tywin's plan (whatever that is) already comes to fruition, and Jorah's old informant status is revealed. Yes, that kind of speed is rather silly, but the promo already shows Sandor complaining to Arya that it's her fault he's now worth a bag of silver. So the new bounty on the Hound is already common knowledge.

I wonder if we'll see anything in the flames. I doubt it, but Jojen's vision earlier in the season has me hoping.

I'm a touch, just a touch, concerned about the new Mountain - the guy's appropriately huge, but in that brief scene his face simply looks too nice!

I don't think Dany will be having sex with Daario in this episode. That pervy site, recapped, that myself and another poster cited on last episode's thread would have mentioned that. A new Emilia Clarke sex scene would not have slipped under their radar. And they had the right info. about the Saan bathhouse scene last episode.

Archived