[Book + Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

I don't think there's gonna be an actual kiss, but I am picturing a creepy scene with enough prolonged physical contact that there might as well have been one, and it might have been easily mistaken from the distance.

Or maybe he almost kisses her and Sansa pulls away or something.

I think the Lysa reference might be a red herring. It's way too early for that to happen.

The shot of Lysa pushing Sansa to the Moon door in the preview definitely is not a red herring.

I think so too, but I wonder if there is actual kiss. I think a hug would be enough to set off Lysa.

Hell, LF looking at Sansa would be enough with the way Lysa is :)

Why would they remove the kiss? I can't think of a single good reason. It's not like they're trying to make LF likable the way they were trying to make Tyrion, so why weaken Sansa's story again and rob her of the moment when she is faced with both LF's creepiness and Lysa's madness, calls LF on his shit and speaks for herself to Lysa?

The shot of Lysa pushing Sansa to the Moon door in the preview definitely is not a red herring.

Why would they remove the kiss? I can't think of a single good reason. It's not like they're trying to make LF likable the way they were trying to make Tyrion, so why weaken Sansa's story again and rob her of the moment when she is faced with both LF's creepiness and Lysa's madness, calls LF on his shit and speaks for herself to Lysa?

Because they've done that before? We never got Jorah/Dany kiss.

Besides they may think showing Gillen kiss Sophie will be a bit too creepy for the audience. I don't think they should remove it, all I'm saying is I'm quite sure they did.

If they were worried about someone kissing an (at the time) underaged actor, they could've brought in a double and have the kiss at an angle where you can't tell it's not actually Sophie Turner.

What are the rules about this? Sophie was 17 during filming, right? Keira Knightley was like 16 when filming Pirates (and had a kiss), but are the rules for TV different?

What are the rules about this? Sophie was 17 during filming, right? Keira Knightley was like 16 when filming Pirates (and had a kiss), but are the rules for TV different?

It's not about the age of actors, rather the characters. That's why they aged Dany.

And a kiss between same age characters won't be shocking, that happens all the time in fiction... But a child character kissing an adult one, don't know if they can manage to do that...

I think they can do any number of shots that will make it clear LF is creeping on Sansa, even without an actual kiss. He could be standing too close to her, as he always does anyway, sort of leaning into her *shudder* and then reach out and stroke her hair, or whatever. That should be enough to enrage Lysa (and me!).

It's hilarious how HBO shows contain a lot of full nudity and blood & gore, but a single kisses between older men and younger girls (JorahxDany, PetyrxSansa) are just too much.

Well, mainly because you can't really show that on TV...

:rofl: Please tell me you're joking.

Because they've done that before? We never got Jorah/Dany kiss.

Besides they may think showing Gillen kiss Sophie will be a bit too creepy for the audience. I don't think they should remove it, all I'm saying is I'm quite sure they did.

LOL Right, because they're afraid of things being creepy on the show? What with featuring a couple rapes on average per episode, baby killings, cannibalism, torture, castration, but a creepy older dude kissing a girl on the lips is too much?

It's not about the age of actors, rather the characters. That's why they aged Dany.

And a kiss between same age characters won't be shocking, that happens all the time in fiction... But a child character kissing an adult one, don't know if they can manage to do that...

Adults actors kiss underage actresses all the time in film and TV. Lolita with Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain, Phantom of the Opera with Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler/Patrick Wilson, even My So-Called Life (because Claire Danes was 15 and Jared Leto was in his 20s) are some of the examples. The most extreme one is 12-year old Kirsten Dunst kissing Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire.

Nudity and sex scenes are no-no for underage actors, not kisses.

Adults actors kiss underage actresses all the time in film and TV. Lolita with Jeremy Irons, Phantom of the Opera, even My So-Called Life (because Claire Danes was 15 and Jared Leto was in his 20s) are some of the examples. The most extreme one is 12-year old Kirsten Dunst kissing Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire.

Right, so given that precedent, I don't see how they could not include it. Look at how much of a creeper LF was in the season opener. They're definitely going there.

It's hilarious how HBO shows contain a lot of full nudity and blood & gore, but a single kisses between older men and younger girls (JorahxDany, PetyrxSansa) are just too much.

The idea that LF kissing Sansa is "too much" is currently just in fans' heads, and I really doubt that this is the reason why Jorah hasn't kissed Dany, what with her having all that nudity and sex scenes with Momoa and, no doubt, future hot sex scenes with Huisman and a non-hot sex scene with Fry.

Emilia was never underage, she's in her mid 20s, and neither is Dany on the show.

They seem to be doing Jorah/Dany very differently on the show in general. Jorah is generally nicer and less pushy compared to the book.

Adults actors kiss underage actresses all the time in film and TV. Lolita with Jeremy Irons, Phantom of the Opera, even My So-Called Life (because Claire Danes was 15 and Jared Leto was in his 20s) are some of the examples. The most extreme one is 12-year old Kirsten Dunst kissing Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire.

Well, that's why I talked about characters, not actors...

But some of your examples do apply to both, indeed. I suppose the one with Kirsten Dunst was less shocking because she was actually a very old vampire in the body of a child that needed that sort of stuff and was dying to get some love, due to her curse. It fitted well with the story and character development, I guess.

There, you're talking about legislation. I've never said it's forbidden (while sex scenes are), just that it would be hard for them to leave that out as it is in the books.

LOL Right, because they're afraid of things being creepy on the show? What with featuring a couple rapes on average per episode, baby killings, cannibalism, torture, castration, but a creepy older dude kissing a girl on the lips is too much?

And look at how many people lost their shit over the Sept scene. There are certain lines that people aren't comfortable crossing, D&D may feel that this is one of them. Or not, I don't know, but please don't downplay the producers' agency.

Archived