Nitpick With Impunity: Goat Edition

Yeah time to be salty ol jerks and seethe about junk you dont like.

I got one real big nitpick with this episode. That fucking goat. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! If the show doesnt eventually have that guy come back with the bones of his kid, im going to riot. Seriously. Im really mad about that. Snapping mad. Its incredibly important that the dragons nom on a human. Its the whole reason Dany locks up her dragons come on! :tantrum: Fix it, show! FIX. IT.

Naked Ramsay is not a nice thing to see. I dont care how cut he is, no! NOPE! NOPE! I have a feeling that that girl he keeps slammin' might wind up as Fake Arya.....just a thought...

I kinda wish Stannis spoke more but im ok with the change of him being in Braavos.

I think it was definitely a set-up for a kid-munching later. This episode showed Dany in a "oh whoops, I'm sorry" kind of light with Drogon. I'm sure some Unsullied can forgive it... but when the child's bones do show up... Yeesh. My guess is, her season finale end is agreeing to marry Hizdahr and locking up her dragons.

The Ironborn assault on the Dreadfort... The Dreadfort is on the other side of Westeros in relation to the Iron Islands. Did they sail around Dorne just to make a half-assed attempt at breaking Theon out?

The whole 'raid on the Dreadfort' sequence was very clumsy. I don't know if it was the writing, or editing, or directing, or a combination of these, but it felt awkward and rushed. Why superimpose Yara's speech with Ramsay's sex? Why do a rush job of the actual infiltration? Why the odd cut between Yara running and her arriving at the boat? Dogs are faster than humans. You want me to believe Ramsay was bluffing and never let the dogs out? Why the writing inconsistency of Ramsay letting Yara go? The Reek stuff was great, though.

Yeah time to be salty ol jerks and seethe about junk you dont like.

I got one real big nitpick with this episode. That fucking goat. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! If the show doesnt eventually have that guy come back with the bones of his kid, im going to riot. Seriously. Im really mad about that. Snapping mad. Its incredibly important that the dragons nom on a human. Its the whole reason Dany locks up her dragons come on! :tantrum: Fix it, show! FIX. IT.

It was obviously set-up. Hilarious how some readers feel negative about this non-issue due to expectations and lack of insight.

Asha at Dreadfort is the best example for a total failure in writing a storyline. The Ironborn, known as the strongest warriors of Westeros, not fearing any battle even if they are outnumbered...getting jimjams because an unarmoured bastard nutjob releases some dogs.

I hope there will be something in Moat Cailin that might rescue the whole plot.

I am getting increasingly pissed off at the "instant news flash from across the sea" stuff.

"Daenerys has 8032 Unsullied, the Second Sons, 3 dragons, Jorah and Barristan Selmy are with her too. Oh, and she is sitting on a series of 5 different pillows when she receives supplicants, and shifts them around once per hour."

"How do you know that - is Jorah still spying for the Iron Throne?"

"No. Not for a long time now."

"THEN HOW, VARYS ? SERIOUSLY. ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION BY SHIP OR A LIVE WEBCAM STREAM GLASS CANDLE?!"

I am getting increasingly pissed off at the "instant news flash from across the sea" stuff.

"Daenerys has 8032 Unsullied, the Second Sons, 3 dragons, Jorah and Barristan Selmy are with her too. Oh, and she is sitting on a series of 5 different pillows when she receives supplicants, and shifts them around once per hour."

"How do you know that - is Jorah still spying for the Iron Throne?"

"No. Not for a long time now."

"THEN HOW, VARYS ? SERIOUSLY. ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION BY SHIP OR A LIVE WEBCAM STREAM GLASS CANDLE?!"

Well I assumed Varys has many little birds across narrow sea, its not a secret Jorah and Barristan are on her council it would be known in the conquered city I guess.

The scene with Davos in the bathouse, I'm am not sure if it was the delivery of the joke, acting or I was just plain distracted but I did not follow the red shirt joke at all, just cringed a bit to whole start of the scene.

As for Asha storyline, the Ironborn having trouble with ramsay, outrunning the hounds and saying her brother is dead was so anticlimatic after that rushed morale boosting pre battle speech. It felt like a cartoon where the cat goes in after the mouse only to come face to face with seething bulldog and with all conviction lost scared mindless runs out in cloud of dust.

Shae delivery also took away from intensity the trial scene for me. Thats about all the minor gripes I have with this lovely episode !

The whole Dread Fort scene was a joke, I wondered what the hell they were doing back in season 3 with Asha, Yara even, (still to this day don't get why they changed her name >.<) glad to see as I thought then it would lead to no where. And I thought Craster's Keep story last week had the all the hallmarks of bad writing, guess I was wrong.

Stannis......my poor misunderstood king......why do they hate you so? The only thing I liked about his scene was at least they haven't butchered Davos to death yet.

The trial I did like though, in the context the show has pictured the characters at least. The only thing I did miss was "my giant of Lannister" but wasn't expecting it to come up. But I am going to make a bet now, Tyrion won't kill Shae.

The council meeting I can see already will set up grief for me down the road when Tywins letter gets to Dany speaking of Jorah's "betrayal", unless Barristan confirms this of course. But then why has Barristan kept his mouth shut till now and how would show Barristan even know? Whats more, why would Dany take the word over a enemy than a trusted advisor? And yep looks like Mace is going to be the new clown of the court.............

• I would have liked to see a bit more agency out of Stannis regarding the bankers, but I suppose the king dreams while the hand builds. Regardless, the "Iron Bank as a Temple" was on full display and I enjoyed this segment, but this is a nitpick thread.

Varys is breaking from the books and giving Tywin Lannister full and accurate intelligence regarding Danaerys. This contradicts his real allegiance, and his need to keep the Iron Throne blind and unworried about Essos. I suspect they are writing themselves into a corner for Varys.

They have almost completely butchered Mace Tyrell's character. Yes, he was a fool in the books. However, he was a self-important fool, Lord Pufferfish his mother called him. He has an ego, and it needs to be fed. We do get a bit of this when he calls dibs on Master of Ships, but completely lose it when Tywin orders him around like a squire. The man is Lord of Highgarden and knows it.

I did not like Yara at the Dreadfort. For starters, overlapping Yara's speech with Ramsay and a woman was just... unnecessary. Inevitably, the entire thing turned into a plot cul-de-sac when Yara flees having changed nothing. However, the scene struck me as a continuity error. We saw Roose return in episode 1 or 2. If his castle was attacked, we should have seen him. Furthermore, he simultaneously ordered Ramsay to take Moat Caitlin. Ser Locke got to the Wall and Craster's Keep while Ramsay is still sitting around in the Dreadfort? I'm almost positive this scene was originally meant to come before Roose's return, but something happened in the process and we now have a continuity error.

Wait, did Tywin just somewhat acknowledge that Jaime fathered children not named Lannister? The fact that he always refused to do so was one of his fatal flaws in the books. Martin is bit like the ancient Greek playwrights. The protagonists will fall, but it will be because of their flaws. I don't like Tywin losing them in the show.

Finally, what is the leaving the Mountain's role as the Crown's champion up in the air? For one thing, it creates a bit of a plot hole. Tywin knows declaring the Mountain as the Crown's champion is a very bad idea. However, having Cersei declare him the Crown's champion in public is just vintage Cersei. She picks the most feared fighter in all of Westeros, going for the most powerful option on the table, but missing the not at all hidden implications damages her cause and creates another mess for Tywin to clean up.

I really did like this episode, but this is a nitpick thread.

I said it in another thread, we still don't know for absolute certainty that Drogon killed the kid in the books. Is it likely? Yes. But if it happened, it was off page and the reader and Dany can only guess. The show might film it, but until they do, it isn't a undisputed fact, just a likely assumption.

The show is actually following the book for once, it was a common thing for herders and the like to present the bones of their livestock for reimbursement before the situation with the child. I'm sure they will have the human bones presented to her at some point, although as others have said it is never really confirmed that Drogon did it in the first place.

The show is actually following the book for once, it was a common thing for herders and the like to present the bones of their livestock for reimbursement before the situation with the child. I'm sure they will have the human bones presented to her at some point, although as others have said it is never really confirmed that Drogon did it in the first place.

If you note, Drogon flew right past the child.

If it did happen (which there is a good chance of) it happened by accident, he wasn't purposely hunting the kid.

If you note, Drogon flew right past the child.

If it did happen (which there is a good chance of) it happened by accident, he wasn't purposely hunting the kid.

Yea if it really did happen I think it was an accident as well, if Dany's dragons were interested in hunting humans they would of been doing so a long time ago.

I actually think the show did a good job at setting up the whole human bones thing if they go there (which I hope they do). Drogon basically just burned everything in his path to get that sheep so it's really easy seeing a kid getting caught up in a fireball like that.

I hate how they waited this long to show us The Onion Knight's bare hand.

I do like Hizdahr asking for a proper burial for his father.

However.. I will NOT be happy if the fighting pits don't get brought up.

They could always introduce it otherwise.. But the fighting pits were the reason Hizdahr came to see Dany in the books. We shall see.. We shall see.

Huh, this time I have really not much to complain.

The First four episodes were horrible, the 5th was great and this episode has made it directly in my top 5!

The only thing I want to complain about is the Dreadfort-Scene. Not only pointless but illogical.

Drogon not burning the child is just the usual Dany-whitewashing, but I don't want to complain about that, because the Hizdahr-scene was great and showed that the world is not so black and white as Dany sees it.

Archived