The Trial - How did you feel?

I highly anticipated this scene, and not only did it meet my expectations, but it exceeded them. I got that feeling when I was reading aSoS again. I was shivering when I read that chapter in the book, and I was shivering when I saw the scene. I might be overexaggerating, but it was that damn good. My feelings of unfairness and unlawfulness were exactly the same as the feelings the character had. Of course, it would not have been as good if it was for Peter Dinklage's AMAZING performance. Seriously, if he doesn't get an Emmy this year, I'll flip out and call BS on the voting.

How were you feeling when you saw it?

Felt the same as OP. It was awesome and very well done. It was exactly as I imagined it when reading. A tiny bit of me kept hoping Taena Merryweather would pop up out of nowhere but I'm used to that disappointment :lol: . I loved the trial regardless.

Edit: my spelling sucks

I was fascinated by Dinklage's acting.

And in the end there was no one in the whole room present apart from Tyrion and Tywin. In the end it was all about these two, a clash of personalities staring at each other. The moment when Tyrion truly emancipated himself from that father, when Tywin realized that he had just lost all power over his son.

Loved it, I said it in another thread but will say it again. Like the Red Wedding, I was unable to sleep Sunday night.

I am a book reader & knew what was coming however, it still disturbed me like crazy. Peter D, IS amazing.

What I saw on my 2nd view was when, Vary's & PO were talking prior to the trail. PO was asking vary's about his story, where he came from. Varys said that he only tells people who he trusts, then he looks over the Defendant's box where tyrion will be standing( because, he only told tyrion the story of his abuser). That is what I got from Vary's when he told tyrion at the trail that he never forgets. I think that Vary's really likes tyrion & knows that he could do good for The country but he can't help him with out putting his own life at risk.

This show was amazing, what pissed me off was that there was 10 min left. I think that it would have been even better if they did the 1st half on Theon/Yara & Ramsay and the 2n half hour on the trail.

I absolutely loved it.

Peter and Charles did both an awesome job and nailed their parts with bravour. Every mimic, every gesture - everything in the end. Every word of it.

The setup was brilliant.

Like I said in another thread, I'm kind of torn with my sympathies - I really like Tyrion, but I also like Tywin.

Lannister fan to the last.

It was really nice to see the motto of their house - in this trial. Because both kept snarling, growling - shouting. And roared.

And in the end there was no one in the whole room present apart from Tyrion and Tywin. In the end it was all about these two, a clash of personalities staring at each other. The moment when Tyrion truly emancipated himself from that father, when Tywin realized that he had just lost all power over his son.

That is the feeling I got as well. It was very powerful IMO.

I liked it. It didn't look anything like the room I was envisioning when I read the book, but this happens quite a bit on this show; I should be rather more amazed at how often they fairly well match the images my mind paints. Braavos was incredible, for instance - the spitting image of my mind's eye.

I'm very much a fence sitter on how Tyrion was portrayed in this one. On the one hand I pictured a nobler and quieter dignity in the book during his closing "I've been on trial my whole life" speech through even the most vituperative wording - but on the other, drama in such a scene needs more tension, power, and emotion, and what I pictured would have been flat as a pancake on screen, so Hodor. Dinklage is a superb actor.

It was awesome. Jaime and Tyrian stole the scene, IMHO. Cersei was unbelievable, Pycelle was sickening, Varys surprising, Shae annoying, and Tywin was his usual a-hole self. It was just an amazing scene with all the players doing what we thought (and knew) they would do in ways that just made me mad and sad all at the same time. I am so glad I know what happens to most of these people! :)

I really loved the scene especially when he demanded a trial by combat and you could see Tywin's reaction. What did you guys see from it? I actually felt it was Tywin realising that Tyrion was his son but that was just my take on it.

This. I've already discussed in a lot of detail Peter's acting in the other thread about the scene but I'd also like to add that Tywin's acting was spot on perfect. I loved the line where he jokingly and casually dismisses Tyrion's remark that he's guilty of being a dwarf with the famous line: "You're not on trial for being a dwarf..." it was PERFECT on Charle's acting part.

At the end of that scene, the look between Tywin and Tyrion could have cut through steel. It was intense!

That stare between them at the end was fantastic!

It was pretty great. Superb acting from all, especially Dinklage who deserves an emmy or something for this scene alone. Sometimes the guy's accent can grate on me and take me out the moment, but there were no such problems this episode. And, may I say Tyrion looked rather devilishly handsome in that final shot of him. :cool4:

It was pretty great. Superb acting from all, especially Dinklage who deserves an emmy or something for this scene alone. Sometimes the guy's accent can grate on me and take me out the moment, but there were no such problems this episode. And, may I say Tyrion looked rather devilishly handsome in that final shot of him. :cool4:

He really did!!! I felt a bit bad, considering the dire situation, finding him damn sexy!

I liked it. It didn't look anything like the room I was envisioning when I read the book, but this happens quite a bit on this show; I should be rather more amazed at how often they fairly well match the images my mind paints. Braavos was incredible, for instance - the spitting image of my mind's eye.

I'm very much a fence sitter on how Tyrion was portrayed in this one. On the one hand I pictured a nobler and quieter dignity in the book during his closing "I've been on trial my whole life" speech through even the most vituperative wording - but on the other, drama in such a scene needs more tension, power, and emotion, and what I pictured would have been flat as a pancake on screen, so Hodor. Dinklage is a superb actor.

If anything, I thought there would be more anger in his speech after reading it in the books, whereas as Dinklage had more of a hissing tone. It still worked for me as he and Dance were on top form as usual.

I was stunned by it, not because there was anything surprising in the scene, but just because of how damned good it was. I don't think I moved a finger for about 5 minutes.

Anyone who stepped in between Tywin and Tyrion during The Stare would've instantly disappeared in a puff of smoke!

Just as when reading the book, it made me feel an overwhelming sense of injustice for poor Tyrion, as it should have. It didn't totally grab me until the end, when Shae came into testify and Tyrion ended up exploding. Dinklage was awesome.

Archived