Alfie Allen Appreciation

So far I am NOT enjoying Ramsay being almost sexy with that Myranda character

Sexy Ramsay is pretty eehh and im not really a fan. Im actually not sure what they are trying to do there unless its just fanservice cuz Iwan Rheon is nice looking. But im not cool with Hot Ramsay. As for Myranda...something tells me we arent going to see her again....

I know! He was like an abused dog for the former part.

YEAH! He totally acts like a beaten dog! He sleeps in the kennels, he whimpers and whines to be fed, he slinks around with his tail between his legs. He even bites the hand that tries to save him! He recoils and slinks when presented a bath. He flinches when Ramsay raises the washcloth. Its just...WOW!

I'm surprised Ramsay didnt get Myranda to bathe Theon :ack:

I dont think Myranda is around anymore. There was a scene missing from the Dreadfort segment....

Yeah that scene was probably leading to her death. the scene were she slaps ramsay was missing, the episode came in short, I have a feeling that ramsay killed her. the scene was cut due to the sept and crasters scandal. HBO probably looked it over and told them to cut it. But for the girls that think ramsay is hot, remember tansy, that's all I will say.

Yeah that scene was probably leading to her death. the scene were she slaps ramsay was missing, the episode came in short, I have a feeling that ramsay killed her. the scene was cut due to the sept and crasters scandal. HBO probably looked it over and told them to cut it.

This is the only thing I can think of that happened and caused the scene between Ramsay and Yara to feel so short and clumsy - they cut some portion of the entire sequence at the last minute and it ended up coming out weird.

Well ramsay and myranda are not on the same footing, ramsay is abousloutly in control of her. she is replacing the role that the bastard boys had in the books ie like minded psycho who assists ramsay in his cruelties. ramsay in the show does the same exact things that he does in the books ie flay and hunt people for fun. and ramsay is an ok boyfriend? I think tansy and all the previous girls that were hunted and fed to dogs would disagree. Eventually myranda will meet her fate, if she did not already in episode 6. Her being pychotic will buy her some extra time, but the day will come when ramsay kills her.

Wow alright he's not an ok boyfriend by any standard. I guess what I meant is that I'm shocked he's actually acting like a boyfriend at all. They're holding hands, he lets her pick a victim to hunt down in the woods (ok he only really lets her believe he let her pick, but even that is somewhat of a caring gesture in an obviously devilishly twisted way), and they have what looked like nice respectful sex together where she's actually on top, and judging from the trailer, where she slapped him. If that's not putting someone on an equal footing I don't know what it would take. These two ACT like they're a team. We know Ramsay is all about himself and that's clear enough in the show too, but he does pull out that act. I can't help but wonder why.

And a lot of you here and on other threads have suspected that the sex scene was cut, which is a relief, cause when I didn't see the slap, I feared I would get another sex scene soon....

Now if that cut scene shows Ramsay taking back control in a gotcha! sort of way I'd be happy. If he ends up killing her all the better. If an Ironborn killed her and Ramsay wasn't phased a bit but hurried to Theon's cage as the half naked fight suggest, I'd be ok too. But for some reason, they chose not to show us that scene. If they thought it'd make it work better they apparently were wrong, that whole fighting scene and the matching sex scene were wrong on all sorts of levels. I'd say only great acting and lighting saved it.

So I hope Myranda is actually dead and we'll see no more of her because

1/ If she's dead, she can't be Jeyne Poole

2/ And it would mean that there was definitely some cut scene designed to shed some light on Ramsay's personality

But we didn't get it, and that's a real shame. I can only go with what I saw which is Ramsay being way too cute and funny for my taste. I mean yes, it works, but there is one truly horribly brutal character in this series, and they tone him down, while making other characters more like him (sickJoffrey, rapist and kinslayer Jaime). Don't get it, Ramsay is so scary and that's a big part of what makes Theon's story compelling, why tone him down?

Wow alright he's not an ok boyfriend by any standard. I guess what I meant is that I'm shocked he's actually acting like a boyfriend at all. They're holding hands, he lets her pick a victim to hunt down in the woods (ok he only really lets her believe he let her pick, but even that is somewhat of a caring gesture in an obviously devilishly twisted way), and they have what looked like nice respectful sex together where she's actually on top, and judging from the trailer, where she slapped him. If that's not putting someone on an equal footing I don't know what it would take. These two ACT like they're a team. We know Ramsay is all about himself and that's clear enough in the show too, but he does pull out that act. I can't help but wonder why.

And a lot of you here and on other threads have suspected that the sex scene was cut, which is a relief, cause when I didn't see the slap, I feared I would get another sex scene soon....

Now if that cut scene shows Ramsay taking back control in a gotcha! sort of way I'd be happy. If he ends up killing her all the better. If an Ironborn killed her and Ramsay wasn't phased a bit but hurried to Theon's cage as the half naked fight suggest, I'd be ok too. But for some reason, they chose not to show us that scene. If they thought it'd make it work better they apparently were wrong, that whole fighting scene and the matching sex scene were wrong on all sorts of levels. I'd say only great acting and lighting saved it.

So I hope Myranda is actually dead and we'll see no more of her because

1/ If she's dead, she can't be Jeyne Poole

2/ And it would mean that there was definitely some cut scene designed to shed some light on Ramsay's personality

But we didn't get it, and that's a real shame. I can only go with what I saw which is Ramsay being way too cute and funny for my taste. I mean yes, it works, but there is one truly horribly brutal character in this series, and they tone him down, while making other characters more like him (sickJoffrey, rapist and kinslayer Jaime). Don't get it, Ramsay is so scary and that's a big part of what makes Theon's story compelling, why tone him down?

I do not think they have toned him down, I mean come on the show has pretty much hit you over the head that he is the worst. if anything they have toned him up moving his mostly off page cruelties, the torture of theon and his girl hunting to directly appear on screen. and as for myranda ramsay has no genuine affection for her. She is a toy that he can play with when he is bored.

I don't think that Ramsay's cruelties happening off page in the book made him less horrible. If anything, it made it more horrible to me. Like it was so horrible it had to be clouded in a certain evasiveness to be bearable and Theon couldn't even stand to remember any of it clearly.

So yes, the show has to show a little more stuff than the books without needing to show it all either. It's not how much they depict him that bothers me, rather how they depict him. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I think the main criticism of his character has been that he is too joyful in his evil, which leads to a crackling villain. when you have a character so evil, this can easily happen. I do think Martin does a better job of grounding him in the books. Yes he is truly joyful when he is inflicting pain, but he is more serious. I think Rheon is great and based on interviews gets who ramsay is, he just needs to be a little more serious.

I think the main criticism of his character has been that he is too joyful in his evil, which leads to a crackling villain. when you have a character so evil, this can easily happen. I do think Martin does a better job of grounding him in the books. Yes he is truly joyful when he is inflicting pain, but he is more serious. I think Rheon is great and based on interviews gets who ramsay is, he just needs to be a little more serious.

I do agree the main criticism against show Ramsay is how he's been written. I am sure Iwan Rheon is portraying him exactly the way they've written him, he's a good actor. They've changed the tone / personality of many of the actors and for some it works, others it doesn't. Personally I don't mind the "psychopathic joker" routine because it's television and adds a bit of variety to the style of his villainy - much like Karl's particular personality was loved by so many and hated by others. It's all personal preference when it comes to the show. In the books you get a much more detailed inside look at the characters and therefore form your own personal opinions and looks / style to them. In the show it's a lot broader strokes and literal translation so it gets debated and criticized more.

Archived