Favorite female character?

Defeatarion

Who's your favorite female character & why? It can be a minor or major character. I was just wondering, I expect most to say Dany but I'm interested to see what you all say. My vote goes to Arianne, I always enjoyed her chapters. #2 may be Cersei, she's just too fun to hate/ read about.

Meera Reed is the best. I probably love her because of her actor in the show because she is badass and so loyal and sincere towards Bran and Jojen and has a bit of iron will of Stannis in her too.

I generally have high esteem for ASOIAF female characters. Most of people around here know that I am Sansa champion, but there are many other female character I enjoy reading: Arya, Cat, Asha, Arianne, Ellaria, Wyla Manderly, Mormont women

I think it depends some on the book. I used to love Dany chapters in the beginning and now I dread them, vice versa with Sansa chapters. Some of my favorites are Arya, Asha, Osha, Wyla, Arianne, Olenna, Marg, Brienne, all of the Mormonts. I never liked Cat much, but realize she gets unjustly blamed for a lot to the point of hysteria on some people's behalf.

Arya Stark

The other girls in my top 10 are:

Cersei

Asha

Margaery

Sansa

I also love Olenna, Melisandre, Shireen, Brienne, Myrcella, Wylla Manderly, Lady Dustin, Missandei, etc, there's too many of them

It's hard to pick just one but probably Brienne. I like Dani, Arya, Asha, and Sansa almost as much though. Mel is fascinating but I can't say she's too much of an extremist to be a favorite. Some of the most interesting characters in ASoIaF are not at all likable.

I sympathize greatly with Arianne. She has the Potential to become a great Player in the Future, while she also had a very legitimate Reasons and Fears, that have driven her - not telling her about his Plans for her was Doran's greatest Misstep for now. Coupled with the Fact that we have seen her Viewpoint, she outshines even Margaery and appears to be the most proactive (future?) female player in the Game of Thrones, that is actually capable of playing reasonably (unlike Cersei for Example). The Fact that she still has to learn makes her even more sympathetic, because as everyone can see, she has great potential as well as a great Example to look up to in her Father.

Originally I would have named someone from the more action-oriented flock of female Characters (Asha, the older Sandsnakes, Arya or Brienne...) but they turn up in larger Numbers than I find appropriate for the Setting, especially since their Share among the more prominent Characters seems confusingly high, while the great political Players are still very much male-dominated. Thus, I favor the Females who take Part in the literal Game of Thrones rather than Swordplay.

Sansa. She is a remarkably compassionate person despite all the horror she's been through, and in a decent position to be the best player.

Arianne is a close second...she's a complete ENFP and it's hilarious

Arya is my absolute favorite for her determination, not being afraid to get her hands dirty, and her absolute resolve to be true to herself despite her insecurities regarding certain family members' opinions of her.

Honorable mentions to:

Olenna for being the only female thus far in the series to prove that woman can have a sense of humor.

Brienne... her sense of honor rivals that of Ned Stark.

Cersei for being such a bitch. I genuinely love to hate her. She's a very complex character that's easy to sympathize and despise at the same time.

Archived