Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book? Part 2

MoIaF

It can totally work. Dany and Jon have no "types" and we don't have nearly enough evidence to prove conclusively that they would hate each other. As noted in the other thread, Jaime and Brienne grew admiration for each other even though starting out as adversaries.

• 2 months later...

"I'm Daeneyrs Stormborn... <titles titles>..."

half an hour later

"And you can call me Jon"

lolol realistic

I wouldn't like it, to my own guts instinct it seems like they have incompatible personalities and partner idealizations.. Val is more near Jon true Queen than any other kneeler lady, even when this is the only kneeler lady that has not to kneel to anyone else..

Of course they can be each other's half, these two are a living ying yang

As probably many others i believe that the whole "Song of Ice and Fire" may not (or not only) be about dragons vs ice zombies, but about the life of the King (Ice, Jon) and the Queen (Fire,Daenerys)

Considering that the whole concept is "stupid humans waste time bitching about little kingdoms when human kind is at risk", the final conflict it will be a big alliance of humans against the common enemy, Jon leading the North and Daenerys the South

I can see the classic contrast at begin with them don't like each other: she will see him as naive too young know-nothing nowhere manly as Drogo/Daario, he will see her as arrogant young queen obsessed with stupid shit like recover the IT

Then things evolve in the classic way

I know many think this will be impossible because GRRM avoid cliche, but actually i believe this aspect of his style is overstimate

He love to surprise and take unespected ways to go from A to Z, but i can really see all this awesome story get a classic ending

Wich is'nt necessary an "happy ending": human kind win and survive, they get a King and a Queen. But in the process tons and tons of loved characters will die in very bad ways :D

Of course they can be each other's half, these two are a living ying yang

As probably many others i believe that the whole "Song of Ice and Fire" may not (or not only) be about dragons vs ice zombies, but about the life of the King (Ice, Jon) and the Queen (Fire,Daenerys)

Considering that the whole concept is "stupid humans waste time bitching about little kingdoms when human kind is at risk", the final conflict it will be a big alliance of humans against the common enemy, Jon leading the North and Daenerys the South

I can see the classic contrast at begin with them don't like each other: she will see him as naive too young know-nothing nowhere manly as Drogo/Daario, he will see her as arrogant young queen obsessed with stupid shit like recover the IT

Then things evolve in the classic way

I know many think this will be impossible because GRRM avoid cliche, but actually i believe this aspect of his style is overstimate

He love to surprise and take unespected ways to go from A to Z, but i can really see all this awesome story get a classic ending

Wich is'nt necessary an "happy ending": human kind win and survive, they get a King and a Queen. But in the process tons and tons of loved characters will die in very bad ways :D

Not to nitpick, but it is Yin & Yang.

Oh, it certainly can work. But IMO, it can't end happily. Especially with the whole betrayal for love and husband to love still floating out there. (If there's anything my favorite movie, Frozen, teaches us, it's that there's different types of love. And ice powers are amazing.)

They will be drawn to each other the instant they see each other. This is series about destiny, prophecy and fate, of course they will end up together.

They both are strong characters that others are drawn to. Both were raised with out a mother and were treated like outsiders their entire life.

Both have experienced love and loss and and they are both learning the high cost of leadership.

My guess is that they will meet in the North after the Wall has fallen, both on Dragon-back, Jon on Sheepstealer and Daenerys on Drogon. Both carrying a Targaryen sword, Jon Dark Sister and Daenerys Blackfyre. Both being Targaryens and both being Prophesied heroes, Jon AAR and Dany TPtwP.

Archived