World of Ice and Fire content on the wiki

Hi everyone , i believe there is a mistake in Lancel V Lannister in the wiki http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lancel_V_Lannister, it comes from the Sworn Sword (source of the article) :

The Osgreys were the Marshalls of the Northmarch, so it fell to the Little Lion to meet them. It was the fourth King Lancel who led the Lannisters, it seems to me, or mayhaps the fifth.

he is not sure what Lancel was, maybe fifth maybe four but in the wiki is says only the fifth.

and now with the World of Ice and Fire :

Lancel IV is said to have beheaded the ironborn king Harrald Halfdrowned and his heir with a single stroke of the Valyrian steel greatsword Brightroar at the Battle of Lann’s Point; he later died in battle at Red Lake whilst attempting to invade the Reach.

Ok, maybe both Lancel IV and Lancel V tried to take the Reach, both of them with Brigthroar and both of them died in battle, it is possible. But it seems more logical to me this story only belongs to Lancel IV.

What do you think?

How do we do that? We don't know what will be in a D&E..?

Well we know a few things that will be

His duel with the laughing storm, his part in the Blackfyre rebellions. Those are major plot points of a few D&E stories right there I'd say.

Should there be some kinda warning before info that comes from the wordbook but spoils future Dunk & Egg stories? Some people probably don't wanna come across that info.

Well, the way the Worldbook handled it was interesting. It only explains in the broadest of outlines exactly what happened in that time period, and "Maester Yandel" even winks at this.....I mean the way it describes the Third Blackfyre Rebellion is to simply say what year it happened and the name of the Blackfyre that led it.....and then quite literally says, "events which we all know well" before moving on to the next section, giving no explanation!

It only really described the Fifth Blackfyre Rebellion in any significant detail (War of the Ninepenny Kings)...but that won't be a Dunk and Egg story, it happened after they died under his successor Jaehaerys II so...

....really the only major things were the Third and Fourth Rebellions, of which there was hardly any detail (is it a spoiler to say the Blackfyres LOST those? We kind of know that). And the stuff surrounding how Egg's children wanted to marry for love and ruined the marriage alliances he wanted (which we already knew about, just not in detail).

It's little enough info that I don't worry too much, and I think anyone looking up the "Third Blackfyre Rebellion" article would kind of know it hasn't happened yet.

• 2 months later...

There is some interesting discussion in the article of Daemon II Blackfyre, regarding how better to name the various Daemons. It was agreed to wait for "World" to be released before making a decision. Not having read the book, I lack an opinion, but I take it that some of you might?

I will just add that we know, from The Mystery Knight, that Daemon the First had his own mint and his own coins, so it is possible that he had at some point attained a throne of some sort, not necessarily the Iron Throne itself. It is conceivable that some sort of demand of non-mention of it was spread behind the scenes.

I'd say, name them Daemon I Blackfyre, Daemon II Blackfyre, Haegon I Blackfyre, Daemon III Blackfyre, and Maelys I Blackfyre. Maelys is specified as Maelys I Blackfyre in the World of Ice and Fire, for example, and Haegon as Haegon I. The third Daemon is specified as Daemon III, and the first Daemon is specified as Daemon I, IIRC. So just stick with that.

The other Blackfyre's (Aenys, Calla, Daemon (cousin of Maelys)) were never crowned, and thus don't receive a number behind their name.

Archived