(Book Spoilers) Speculating on events at the wall

AzorAhai42

Do any of you guys think the LC election will be in this episode? Or do you think they'll save it for season 5, since season 5 is probably going to be lacking on exciting stuff and this episode has tons of exciting stuff already?

Has anyone heard or seen anything that hints towards the possibility of the election being in this episode?

The actor who plays Sam said some stuff from the books won`t be in this season (regarding the wall storyline) but he was also referring to Coldhands being cut. It was kinda vague i`m not exactly sure what he was referring to but people have speculated that it could have something to do with the election or Stannis offering Winterfell. I think Lord Commander will happen, it`s just the perfect way to end Jon`s storyline, but I think Stannis offering Winterfell will be left for season 5.

I thought the same when Janos Slynt and Thorne mentioned the election. It wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't going to happen this season, too much time to forget about it. The big battle on ep9 and the election on ep10 are a great way to finish the Wall storyline for this season.

I thought the same when Janos Slynt and Thorne mentioned the election. It wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't going to happen this season, too much time to forget about it. The big battle on ep9 and the election on ep10 are a great way to finish the Wall storyline for this season.

I kinda look at it as the equivalent of the resurrection talk last season. I was sure we'll see one in finale, because of all that talk and it didn't happen. So I'm very skeptical to think that two characters talking in one scene is a hint for finale event.

Also is there really enough time? Winterfell offer happens first and I cannot imagine the actual first talk Jon and Stannis have won't be in finale.

There's also the fact that TV!Jon knows Bran is alive, so Stannis offering Winterfell doesn't have the same impact (for his character) as it did in the books.

I could easily see a scene where Jon & Stan talk, maybe Sam & Mel are there too (maybe during this funeral people are referencing) then another scene where Sam submits Jon's name. Last Wall scene is the results, and tada! The Wall is yours, Lord Snow.

Yeah, I thought about how they mentioned it earlier, and honestly, that seems like the biggest, or only, hint that it's going to be in the finale. I'm just worried that they are going to save it for next season since Jon's ADwD chapters have very little excitement going on really. Of course they could add things like they did this season with Craster's Keep and Locke, etc.

Yeah, I thought about how they mentioned it earlier, and honestly, that seems like the biggest, or only, hint that it's going to be in the finale. I'm just worried that they are going to save it for next season since Jon's ADwD chapters have very little excitement going on really. Of course they could add things like they did this season with Craster's Keep and Locke, etc.

That is something else I see happening.

But keep in mind, if next season comprises all the rest of Feast & Dance [disclaimer: I do not want to start the debate of will they/won't they; here, I'm just assuming they will ], then S5 is going to be packed with good stuff.

That said, I think Jon's arc of letting the Wildlings through the Wall, fighting with and beheading Janos, sending Sam away, and interacting with whichever antagonist they put in place of Bowen, as well as dealing with Stan and then Mel, meeting Tycho, having more Wight interactions (probably), then finally receiving that pink letter (if they go with that storyline), is a ton of stuff for one season.

That is something else I see happening.

But keep in mind, if next season comprises all the rest of Feast & Dance [disclaimer: I do not want to start the debate of will they/won't they; here, I'm just assuming they will ], then S5 is going to be packed with good stuff.

That said, I think Jon's arc of letting the Wildlings through the Wall, fighting with and beheading Janos, sending Sam away, and interacting with whichever antagonist they put in place of Bowen, as well as dealing with Stan and then Mel, meeting Tycho, having more Wight interactions (probably), then finally receiving that pink letter (if they go with that storyline), is a ton of stuff for one season.

Well... when you put it that way, that is a lot of stuff I suppose.

I found Jon's Dance material to be fantastic, and my third favourite storyline of that book next to Davos and Theon (damn, the North was really awesome in that book). Some of Jon's more 'menial' tasks like feeding the wildlings and checking the food stores will probably be cut, but there's still plenty of great stuff there, and many interesting characters like Stannis, Melisandre, Selyse, Shireen and Tormund. Hopefully D&D take advantage of having so many great characters in one place like they have done with King's Landing for the past two seasons (even though I personally disliked what they did with all the filler). With King's Landing losing most of it's interesting characters by the end of this season, I think we'll see a reduced amount of screentime there, and hopefully that time gets shifted over to the Wall.

I found Jon's Dance material to be fantastic, and my third favourite storyline of that book next to Davos and Theon (damn, the North was really awesome in that book). Some of Jon's more 'menial' tasks like feeding the wildlings and checking the food stores will probably be cut, but there's still plenty of great stuff there, and many interesting characters like Stannis, Melisandre, Selyse, Shireen and Tormund. Hopefully D&D take advantage of having so many great characters in one place like they have done with King's Landing for the past two seasons (even though I personally disliked what they did with all the filler). With King's Landing losing most of it's interesting characters by the end of this season, I think we'll see a reduced amount of screentime there, and hopefully that time gets shifted over to the Wall.

That would make me extremely happy

Everybody their own I always say. I do however agree with your opinion on Davos and Theon. Great chapters, great characters. Personally, I really found myself bored during the Jon chapters, with characters such as Val and Selyse being replica's of characters we've already seen.. Everytime I read something with Selyse in it, it comes across as Lysa - exactly the same, while Val to me is Ygritte2.0.. But that's a personal thing..

As for your latter part, and thus Kings Landing.. Who is remaining that we know?

- Cersei

- Pycelle

- Tommen

- Marge

- Qyburn

- Jaime: But he will leave early in Season 5 I'd presume..

- Mace: Leaves, but comes back later in the story..

- Loras: Leaves, to take on Dragonstone..

Which is good, because it allows for room for the events in the later portion of Dance, such as Daznak's Pit and perhaps the Battle of Winterfell and the events of the Pink Letter.

The thing I'm missing is the High Sparrow. Crowning Tommen without introducing him is already straining the Feast!Cersei-storyline, because the bargain she makes basically is her downfall: Crowning/Reinstated Sons of the Warrior. Why is she going to reinstate that ancient order if she Tommen is already crowned?

Well I think Meereen will be somewhat of a new KL as well

I think so too.. Well, actually, I think it should be split to around 30/20/10/40. 30% Meereen, 20% Wall, 10% KL, 40% collective of other regions, such as Dorne, the Vale, Riverlands, Iron Islands, North/Winterfell, Beyond the Wall, Braavos, Rhoyne/Volantis, etc.. Either way, the show is really Tyrion-biased so once he moves across the NS, expect a distinct lacking of everything KL aside from Cersei throwing herself of a cliff, metaphorically speaking..

Something I really love about the end of Dance is how every single region is covered by a POV.

Beyond the Wall: Bran

Wall: Jon, Melisandre

North: Asha, Theon, Davos

Riverlands: Jaime, Brienne

Vale of Arryn: Sansa

Crownlands: Cersei

Stormlands: JonCon, Arianne

Dorne: Areo Hotah

Reach: Samwell

Westerlands: ...Oh the Westerlands.. Why do you always screw with me?

Iron Islands: Aeron

Free Cities: Arya

Slavers' Bay: Victarion, Tyrion, Barristan

Dothraki Sea: Dany

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have the election, mainly because I feel like they often end character season-arcs on defining & uplifting moments, and so to have Jon start the season as a potential traitor/outcast and to end it as Lord Commander works really well thematically etc...
I just don't think it would have the same impact at the beginning of next season

Archived