am I the only one fearing that this series will end in a Targaryen revival?

Throck

Hi all!

I am not a big Targaryen fan (nor Blackfyre even if my name suggests that) and having read some theories around I'm starting to fear (mora than I used to) that the song of ice and fire will end with a massive Targaryen revival, with dragons and Targs back in Westeros. Is there any possibility it won't end that way?

Also, if any Targ fan can explain me this obsession with them, I will be pleased :)

[sorry for the bad English]

Short of Tommen somehow holding onto the throne there probably will be a Targaryen revival unless the kingdoms split up again. The men who brought down the Targaryens are all dead now, Tywin, Robert, Jon, Ned, Hoster. Fools and ingrates are all they left to follow them.

I think if Jon became King (which is what I believe will happen) it would be a revival but in a very different way. I don't think he'd be like the former Targaryen's as he is more a Stark at heart, leading to no incest/madness/valyrian looks etc. Making it more of a 'rebirth' than a revival as it were.

What, do you think Stannis is going to get it?

It's highly possible that the 7K will break back up into individual kingdoms, with the North ruling the Trident and all Targs (Dany, Jon, possible 3rd) dying in the Battle for Dawn.

If the IT continues to exist, it'll be with a Targ sitting on it.

Actually, as much as I would like a restoration, as it is just that Targareyens sit on the throne they created, I think it is very unlikely. Their fall was tragic, but completely in tune with tone of the books. I would not change a thing.

As for your other question- the short answer is that I like dragons, magic and blond men (who are sane!; on the other hand crazy dragons are...insanely cool; don't care about blond dragons :laugh: ).

Edit: Wellcome!

I think the Starks win the whole thing, whether they want the throne I don't know but they'll be the deciding factor. A Targ restoration would be the worst possible thing so it may happen. Half the Kingdom is done with the Targs, they aren't about to rally them back to the throne. They make prolifically unstable rulers meaning if they end with the Targs on the throne, you can guarantee that in a generation or two they'll be in crisis again. Their foreign mystique has gone in Westeros and their WMDs may be gone for good at the end of the series.

Actually, as much as I would like a restoration, as it is just that Targareyens sit on the throne they created, I think it is very unlikely. Their fall was tragic, but completely in tune with tone of the books. I would not change a thing.

As for your other question- the short answer is that I like dragons, magic and blond men (who are sane!; on the other hand crazy dragons are...insanely cool; don't care about blond dragons :laugh: ).

Edit: Wellcome!

Tragic? I'm sure Robert partied with the appropriate magnitude after heroically getting rid of the Targs. Jumped up, backwater valyrians, incestous, arrogant, usurpers of the old Kings, often murderous and frequently insane!

Supporting Aery's line is like supporting Joffrey spawn.

I believe that that Aegon will turn out to be false, and Dany will cause some ruckus when she is in the 7 Kingdoms. And Dorne will probably have second thoughts as well after finding out the son was burned by a Dragon.

I just don't see the Targareyens making a comeback. At least not so easily. We'll probably get another Game of Thrones revolving around Aegon, Jon Connington, Dany, and Dorne, kind of like we are getting in the North.

I think the Starks win the whole thing, whether they want the throne I don't know but they'll be the deciding factor. A Targ restoration would be the worst possible thing so it may happen. Half the Kingdom is done with the Targs, they aren't about to rally them back to the throne. They make prolifically unstable rulers meaning if they end with the Targs on the throne, you can guarantee that in a generation or two they'll be in crisis again. Their foreign mystique has gone in Westeros and their WMDs may be gone for good at the end of the series.

Tragic? I'm sure Robert partied with the appropriate magnitude after heroically getting rid of the Targs. Jumped up, backwater valyrians, incestous, arrogant, usurpers of the old Kings, often murderous and frequently insane!

Supporting Aery's line is like supporting Joffrey spawn.

Well, Robert was good at fainding reasons to party. He is also part Targaryen and has some valyrian blood in his veins.

Also Arya seems to like queen Visenya almost as much as Nymeria. ;)

Well, Robert was good at fainding reasons to party. He is also part Targaryen and has some valyrian blood in his veins.

Also Arya seems to like queen Visenya almost as much as Nymeria. ;)

I like Visenya but she was a jumped up, incestuous, arrogant, backwater Valyrian all the same. She happened to be a badass one. Her son was crackers.

Robert was only a quarter potential nutso. That is an important percentage.

Hi all!

I am not a big Targaryen fan (nor Blackfyre even if my name suggests that) and having read some theories around I'm starting to fear (mora than I used to) that the song of ice and fire will end with a massive Targaryen revival, with dragons and Targs back in Westeros. Is there any possibility it won't end that way?

Also, if any Targ fan can explain me this obsession with them, I will be pleased :)

[sorry for the bad English]

Lots of possibilities, but unlike you I hope they'll make a comeback.

Archived