[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

LOVE the image!!! I had not seen that! Is it safe to say that is a legit image and not a fan made poster? Just wanting to verify before I go bat-shit crazy! :D

ETA: Just went to the HBO Game of Thrones facebook page! I'm not going bat-shit crazy!

\o/

It's real!!!!!

https://fbcdn-sphoto...417803312_o.jpg

So did everyone see this?

AJT is happening this season, I am really starting to think that now.

Tyrion sees a dragon when he is on the Shy Maid.......D&D know and they are telling us before the book. ( I mean before the books makes it 100% official, obviously the books have been hinting to us since GOT)

Tyrion on the Shy Maid, DwD

LOVE the image!!! I had not seen that! Is it safe to say that is a legit image and not a fan made poster? Just wanting to verify before I go bat-shit crazy! :D

ETA: Just went to the HBO Game of Thrones facebook page! I'm not going bat-shit crazy!

\o/

It's not actually real. Look at pictures of Drogon when he kills the sheep from season 4. It's exactly the same as Drogon in the poster. Drogon is simply edited in here.

It's not actually real. Look at pictures of Drogon when he kills the sheep from season 4. It's exactly the same as Drogon in the poster. Drogon is simply edited in here.

OK...it's official...that might be the better terminology. It is on the HBO Game of Thrones Facebook page...which to me, makes it official.

But it does strikingly resemble the scene your talking about.

***dialing down the riot***

Even if it's not a legit scene from the show, it is foreshadowing Tyrion headed towards the dragons, and lines up with the quote from the books fairly well. Tyrion sees a animal with pale and leathery wings through the fog. Seems straight forward to me :)

Wait, are you telling me that's not a real dragon!? I feel like I've been lied to.

No but seriously they meant it's a real promotional poster, not fan made. If that really is an image of Drogon from season four then the poster probably isn't an image from an actual scene in season five.

OK...it's official...that might be the better terminology. It is on the HBO Game of Thrones Facebook page...which to me, makes it official.

But it does strikingly resemble the scene your talking about.

***dialing down the riot***

Even if it's not a legit scene from the show, it is foreshadowing Tyrion headed towards the dragons, and lines up with the quote from the books fairly well. Tyrion sees a animal with pale and leathery wings through the fog. Seems straight forward to me :)

Wait, are you telling me that's not a real dragon!? I feel like I've been lied to.

No but seriously they meant it's a real promotional poster, not fan made. If that really is an image of Drogon from season four then the poster probably isn't an image from an actual scene in season five.

Oh I'm aware it's a real official poster, I'm just not sure that we can say that Tyrion and Drogon will actually be shipped in some way together this season based off the poster, when Drogon seems to have simply been edited in from footage shot in season 4.

Now they definitely could actually have the scene on the Shy Maid where Tyrion sees a dragon, and this hints at that scene, but this just seems to be a promotional poster to attract attention. It's not a real depiction of what will occur. If the scene is included, I don't see Drogon as coming that close to Tyrion in the way that the poster shows, but the point is that it showcases that they will come together in some way and that this is the more "spectacular" shot that will attract attention, rather than Drogon being half seen in the distance which is likely what is in the show.

There are probably several reasons why HBO reused an old image of Drogon for the Season 5 poster, but one of them might be that they want to keep him under wraps until his grand return at Daznak's Pit. The trailer briefly showed us just how large Rhaegal had grown in confinement, and Drogon will be roaming free. I think that Daznak's Pit will be his first real appearance of the season (there is some doubt as to whether or not it was actually Drogon that Tyrion saw when he was traveling down the river. Regardless, if Tyrion does catches a glimpse of Drogon, it will likely be a brief one, and he will be mostly obscured by the mist).

When Drogon finally does reappear, I think he's going to be MASSIVE. The extent of his growth may be surprise that they're keen to preserve. I would be surprised if he featured heavily in any of the remaining trailers, for instance - although to be fair, they'll probably be working on the VFX involved in that sequence until the last possible moment.

There are probably several reasons why HBO reused an old image of Drogon for the Season 5 poster, but one of them might be that they want to keep him under wraps until his grand return at Daznak's Pit. The trailer briefly showed us just how large Rhaegal had grown in confinement, and Drogon will be roaming free. I think that Daznak's Pit will be his first real appearance of the season (there is some doubt as to whether or not it was actually Drogon that Tyrion saw when he was traveling down the river. Regardless, if Tyrion does catches a glimpse of Drogon, it will likely be a brief one, and he will be mostly obscured by the mist).

When Drogon finally does reappear, I think he's going to be MASSIVE. The extent of his growth may be surprise that they're keen to preserve. I would be surprised if he featured heavily in any of the remaining trailers, for instance - although to be fair, they'll probably be working on the VFX involved in that sequence until the last possible moment.

Ya I think they're going to save him for the Pit. They'll hint that he's gotten huge, but they won't actually reveal him until they have to. They won't waste his reveal to Tyrion on a boat. They'll simply hint at him.

Ya I think they're going to save him for the Pit. They'll hint that he's gotten huge, but they won't actually reveal him until they have to. They won't waste his reveal to Tyrion on a boat. They'll simply hint at him.

But at the very least we can agree this is a nod to the scene on the boat from the books. I also agree that the Drogon reveal will be the last episode in Daznak's. But I bet they show a few small glimpses of him somewhere in the season, and Tyrion seeing his outline (or something) through the fog would be very ominous and would fit with the books, so it is kind of perfect :)

I know this isn't a general discussion of the trailer thread, but I don't see one yet. Is that Selyse or Melisandre laying down in the snow? Also are those Arryn soldiers retaking Winterfell!?

I know this isn't a general discussion of the trailer thread, but I don't see one yet. Is that Selyse or Melisandre laying down in the snow? Also are those Arryn soldiers retaking Winterfell!?

I think all the threads in the GOT forum has to be approved by a moderator before they can post...so that is why I don't start any threads in this forum.

Ramsay Snow has a girl...looks too old to be a fArya...but she does look disgusted. At first watch, it looked like he was biting her neck like a vampire, but he just kisses it.

I see the Arryn men riding into a castle that looks like it is under construction with a possible Bolton banner inside. Possibly Winterfell? Little Finger sending a message? :dunno:

Is Brienne still in the Vale when winter hits? She and Pod are shown in the snow somewhere.

That looks like Selyse on the ground in the snow.

Archived