Happy Ending Small Council (crackpot?)

This is my first post. Be gentle.

Some (crackpot?) thoughts on how the story will end involving who sits the iron throne as well as the small council who help them rule (with brief explanations):

King and Queen: Jon and Dany (Assuming RLJ is true, ice and fire, both have experience commanding/ruling and are still continuing to learn)

Hand of the King: Tyrion - He's done it before and did a pretty good job. He's already become a "friend" to Jon and soon to be Dany maybe? According to his aunt, he is Tywin's son more than Jamie) I'm not completely sold on this one but I also believe that Tyrion is the 3rd head of the dragon (totally different topic)

Master of Coin: Can't decide who fits here. Tyrion if someone else is hand. Maybe Sansa who learns from Littlefinger?

Master of Laws: Stannis (He is the definition of justice. Will acknowledge that Jon and Dany's claim is stronger than his. He had the strongest claim in the war of the 5 kings, but Jon and Dany's claim can be traced back throughout the history of the 7 kingdoms. Robert was a usurper. Stannis acknowledges that Jon and Dany will make good rulers and one of them is the true Azor Ahai)

Master of Whisperers: Bran (thanks to being educated by Bloodraven, he won't need whispers. He will have eyes everywhere)

Master of Ships: Davos (cuz he's the man)

Grandmaester: Sam (will gain all sorts of knowledge at the citadel and will be instrumental in defeating the others. Also Jon's best friend, not too far-fetched).

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Brienne (Its basically her dream come true. I think Jamie and Cersei are going to die, probably together. Don't really have much to go on here) Could also be Barristan (makes more sense except for him being old).

Just for fun, King's Justice/Master Assassin: "No one"

Let me know what you guys think. You could make the argument that this is all too "obvious." Yes, I based it on most of the main POV characters winning in the end. POV characters aren't always safe. However, Ned is the only major POV character to die (Cat comes back, although not POV). Other POVs that have died are Quentyn and Arys Oakheart, and prologue/epilogue characters unless I'm missing someone. I think killing Ned early was to make readers understand that "no one is safe." As George has stated, (paraphrasing) he wants the readers to be scared when the characters are in danger rather than knowing they will win in the end like Spiderman or Batman. I'd say it worked. We will always fear for our favorite characters, but that doesn't necessarily mean the good guys can't win. On the contrary, it gives us the expectation that they won't. "If you think this story has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention." So the good guys winning in the end could be as much of a surprise as it is "obvious." Although this may be "boring," there are still plenty of details and events leading up to this conclusion in the next 2 books to make the story surprising. Was anyone upset about the good guys winning in the Lord of the Rings?

Notice: I'm not even calling this a "theory," mostly because I don't actually believe it myself. These are just thoughts (I know I'm not the first/only person to have them) which stem from me thinking Bran is the ideal master of whisperers, Sam is the ideal grandmaester, and Davos would be perfect for master of ships (you could make a case for Victarion but I think Stannis/Davos joining Jon is more likely). I just plugged major POV characters into the other positions.

Obviously, I have very little evidence supporting these thoughts. I've only read through the books once and browsed this forum a bit. I just thought it would be fun to discuss. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts or who you think would be the ideal small council at the end of the series (Assuming the iron throne and small council remain in tact). I like parentheses.

Sansa would not be my first choice for master of coin as Ayra said that her sister was hopeless with sums and that she would need a good steward in the future.

Brianne I don't see in the King guard for the simple fact she's either going to give her life for Jamie's or she's going to be the end of Stannis Baratheon, being a kingslayer really should be a deterrent for the job.

:lol: It's like one of those riddles (you know the ones, people). Based on the following information, answer the question at the end:

- Stannis would kill anyone who tries to usurp the Iron Throne from him, every Lannister and every deserter from the Night's Watch. He is also the Usurper's brother. He almost caught Dany and her brother when they were kids

- Dany would kill anyone who tries to usurp the Iron Throne from her, as well as anyone related to the Usurper and his Dogs

- Jon wants to bring death and destruction upon House Lannister. He also has refused to abandon the Night's Watch three times so far

- Tyrion rained wildfire down upon Stannis' army, and is a member of the family who killed most Starks and most Targaryens

- Davos has sworn undying loyalty to Stannis. Four of his sons were killed by Tyrion's wildfire

- Brienne has sworn to kill Stannis

- "No One" would probably kill anyone named Lannister on sight

- Sansa is married to Tyrion and Stannis considers her a Lannister

- Sam is sworn to the Night's Watch

Who survives at the end?

Basically one half of the council would try (or has tried) to kill the other half. Well, it would be a lively council, I'd give you that

By the way, welcome to the forums, OP :cheers:

:lol: It's like one of those riddles (you know the ones, people). Based on the following information, answer the question at the end:

- Stannis would kill anyone who tries to usurp the Iron Throne from him, every Lannister and every deserter from the Night's Watch. He is also the Usurper's brother. He almost caught Dany and her brother when they were kids

- Dany would kill anyone who tries to usurp the Iron Throne from her, as well as anyone related to the Usurper and his Dogs

- Jon wants to bring death and destruction upon House Lannister. He also has refused to abandon the Night's Watch three times so far

- Tyrion rained wildfire down upon Stannis' army, and is a member of the family who killed most Starks and most Targaryens

- Davos has sworn undying loyalty to Stannis. Four of his sons were killed by Tyrion's wildfire

- Brienne has sworn to kill Stannis

- "No One" would probably kill anyone named Lannister on sight

- Sansa is married to Tyrion and Stannis considers her a Lannister

- Sam is sworn to the Night's Watch

Who survives at the end?

Basically one half of the council would try (or has tried) to kill the other half. Well, it would be a lively council, I'd give you that

By the way, welcome to the forums, OP :cheers:

Why would Jon want to destroy House Lannister?He and Tyrion are friends.And Jon has nothing against Tommen or Myrcella or like 99% of the Lannisters.Not to mention he didnt kill Janos right away when he could have.Jon puts his own feelings aside and does what is the right thing to do.

Why would Jon want to destroy House Lannister?He and Tyrion are friends.And Jon has nothing against Tommen or Myrcella or like 99% of the Lannisters.Not to mention he didnt kill Janos right away when he could have.Jon puts his own feelings aside and does what is the right thing to do.

He literally said he wishes destruction on House Lannister in ADWD I believe.

Master of Whisperers: Bran (thanks to being educated by Bloodraven, he won't need whispers. He will have eyes everywhere)

Yes, I like the idea as Bran the master of whispers. Except I dont want him physically at court. I want a really cool raven to follow Jon around and sit on his shoulders and explain everything that's happening. Lol.

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Brienne (Its basically her dream come true. I think Jamie and Cersei are going to die, probably together. Don't really have much to go on here) Could also be Barristan (makes more sense except for him being old).

Brienne would be great as the lord commander of the kingsguard and of course Wun Wun will join as well, he will be helpful in any inconvenient trial by combats. :drool:

Yeah, not to be too hard on the new guy, but this small council is really a hopeless crackpot. Even assuming all of these characters survive the next two books; neither Stannis nor Dany would ever acknowledge the other as the rightful monarch.

Lol from the title of this thread I was expecting it to be a theory about some sex orgy with the small council

Hahaha

As for my answer to this thread, meh don't really care. I'm here for the story that leads to the ending more so then who's going to hold what title at the end of the book, doesn't seem like it matters much.

That was a Jon before he was dead however, Jon after death might be a very different creature. A man that understands that some times there are no good or pleasant only fucked up and more fucked up choices. What is one man's honor against the lives of the realm? Jon Snow has never pledge his honor to anyone or anything but the realms of men. That's who he swore to protect. If it came down to it I do think that he would have the belly even if he hated himself after because in his mind he would have the right. Not that I'm saying that it would come to that or it would be Jon's orders. But if they were wiped out in the fall of the west I don't think he would shed a tear. It's death and destruction upon house Lannister. Isn't that what Jon said bout Tommen and him playing with his blocks, instead of anger and laughter at house Lannister?

You guys can be as brutal as you want. You know the details better than I do.

Just gonna add to the crackpot.

Rather than fight for the throne, these are the characters that fight the good fight to save the world (at least Westeros) from the Others. Starks and Targaryens (assuming Tyrion is a Targ a completely different discussion.). Jon's already there. Dany finds out that rather than conquer Westeros, she could save it. Mel will help Stannis realize that saving the kingdoms is more important than being king. He could be hand maybe? They have to work together and put the past aside to save the world. They realize if they save the world, the world will kneel to them. All of them. And it takes more than 1 person to rule. Hence, the council. Its about more than King and Queen. I know i didn't nail it with all the characters (or any of them).

You can bring up anything from the past but you have no idea what will happen in the future.

They will all come together, sing "why can't we be friends," save the world, become friends and all end up winners (POV characters + Stannis just cuz he deserves to rule but it is known that not many people like him). All the good guys (POV characters) and maybe Stannis survive. A Happy Ending. The last thing you'd expect from George.

There is so many possible outcomes to this story, that it's almost impossible to guess correctly. Although the average reader would love that ending, it's probably going end bad for a lot of peoples favourite characters. Like everyone dying and Ramsay becoming King!

I'm not so nice

Queen - UnCat, solves succession problems if there is an un-dead monarch.

Hand of the King - Jamie, the hand without a hand

Master of Coin - Jorah, what could go wrong?

Master of Laws - Cersei, keep people on their toes

Master of Whisperers - Shitmouth, slightly more entertaining than Varys' reports

Master of Ships - Irri, risk aware, you don't want people drinking the poison water

Grandmaester - Randyll Tarly, wash them all out with lye

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - Sam the Slayer, you know he won't slit the King's throat no matter what happens

I actually think we may get a Valyrian style form of government at the end, this will be something Dany learns about in Essos and brings over.

I actually think we may get a Valyrian style form of government at the end, this will be something Dany learns about in Essos and brings over.

Maybe she will go to the valyrian Freehold! Find like 8000 valyrian steel swords and give them to all her unsullied, now that would be awesome!

Was anyone upset about the good guys winning in the Lord of the Rings?

Of course not. But that's because it's a melodramatic story about an apocalyptic fight against the ultimate embodiment of evil, led by a pure-hearted peasant, a secret king with superhuman ancestry, and an angel. Any ending that didn't have the good guys winning would be a cheap twist.

And the exact opposite is true for ASoIaF. It's a realistic story about a series of separate but intertwined struggles between morally-grey people. There are no "good guys" (although there are a few bad guys). Any ending that attempted to have the least-bad grey guys all winning would be a cheap twist.

This is like expecting that because all of the good guys in Star Wars survive (or at least "become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" by dying), all of the good guys in Aliens will survive. Just because they're loosely in the same genre doesn't mean they're the same kind of story.

Yes, I like the idea as Bran the master of whispers. Except I dont want him physically at court. I want a really cool raven to follow Jon around and sit on his shoulders and explain everything that's happening.

Can he also inherit Balerion the cat from Bloodraven? (I think it goes without saying that Balerion will outlive all of the humans in KL.) If so, I'll subscribe to your newsletter.

Archived