Anti-Dragon tactics

Waters Gate

Its a thread about anti-dragon tactics. Said so in the title. Think you can defeat a dragon or an army with a dragon with a clever trick?

Here is an idea of mine. Attack the dragonlords during a storm. How opperational are dragons during tornado's? How well does their dragonfire work trough pouring rain? I never thought i'd cherish the day that we got that 12 Bofors.

How would Wile E Coyote handle this i ask myself?

We take a roasted mammoth, we stuff it full of lead and place it in a field where dragons like to hunt. If the dragon still manages to lift up after swollowing it up whole, well maybe it will die of lead poisening....

Robert's underwear.

No more supply of those, though i guess there is enough stock for a while.

There is this one Dornish house that has a dragon on its sigil eating it's tale, and supposedly thats from the time Aegon wanted to invade Dorne.

So what did the Dornish attached some especially well flavoured oxen to one of the dragons tail during the night?

Maybe one should pour barbeque herbs over dragons. Dragons are fire made flesh, add some barbeque herbs and maybe they wil start to smell mighty tastefully to eachother?

I wonder how feasible some kind of chained scorpion bolt would be. Stick 'em and crank them to the ground.

Though I guess the dragon could just turn on whatever contraption fired the scorpion bolt and torch the sucker.

I guess the best bet is too use stealth tactics and avoid open warfare. That, and try to keep the fight as close to the enemy as possible so the dragon rider has to consider friendly fire (hah).

Get aroudn 3-4 units of highly trained archers and crossbowmen, split down the middle. Have a good commander in charge of them and only release the volleys at the exact right time. Fill the air with volleys and you're bound to hit something vital.

The problem with a chain trick is the material. Dragons probably melt steel easily enough, and if not Valyrian steel then try to get enough of that stuff.

Otherwise, maybe a roasted and well herbed mammoth, chained with a hook to a hughe boulder on the edge of a cliff near the sea, which is only held from falling by a bracking stone attached to a line. Dragon takes roasted mammoth, pulls the braking stone away from under the boulder with it, boulder tumbles into the sea and drags dragon down into the water. Guess one would need a valyrian steel chain though.

1. Scorpions and other high-powered crossbows to penetrate the scales. Shoot for the eyes if possible.

2. Shoot the rider. Dragon is far less lethal.

3. Poisened bait.

4. MAGIC.

5. Another, bigger or better trained dragon.

6. Stannis.

Of course.

The Dragon would be the aggressor, unless I'm darkstar. As Darkstar I creep up one night and rechristen Dawn as "Nightbringer" in dragon blood. But to reply in earnest, the Dragon would have to be lack wit to attack a northern lord in the deep of winter. I live in northeast so I'll just take White Harbor as my theoretical seat.

I see the snowfall and cold from events around Winterfell being a magnitude more severe by the time a dragon touches this side of the narrow sea. If you have seen the YT vids of people tossing boiling water in the air and the snap change from water to ice than my plan is easy to visualize. The port is south of the city so 60% of solders mass in scattered battalions north of the city. Sizeable trebuchets flinging boiling water towards the Dragon. 20% manning the ships, equipped with catapults and stored fresh water to boil. 20% left to just use as distraction if necessary but with the cold weather and winds I literally cannot imagine a dragon surviving the first volley. The change being too quick and the area of effect too large to avoid.

Walder's?

Aquirable at an economical price aswell, though it's a wonder that source hasn't run dry yet.

Surely one must be able to reason that a decade's collection of Walder Frey underwear must be of some formidablep potency against dragons. If not gluing hem to the ground, might aswell work to poisen them in some way.

I have read that dragons have iron rich bone's. I guess it will still take some time before Westeros can develop powerfull electromagnets.

Now dragons need oxygen to produce flame right? they even need some air density in order to be able to fly i guess. Are they still as effective against a castle placed at 30.000 feet?

Archived