The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

It could just be simply to decrease the hostility of other victims of the accident, by looking like a victim himself. But also to decrease suspicion by Barry and the (incredibly hard to like) technical support people.

I'm unsure if Wells is R-Flash, it seems maybe a little obvious, but also the body type doesn't seem right.

Nice thought about the wheelchair. With Wells being RF: the voice in which he said Merry Christmas is hard to argue with. Although for some reason, I don't believe RF was faking his way through his interaction with Wells. I think he thinks he hasn't met him yet. So maybe......original Wells got amnesia in the PA explosion, became RF, regained his memories in 2020, used a tachyon whatsit to travel back to 2014 (cos you know, that's as far as one of those will take you, I happen to know) and now he used himself (RF, six years younger) as a tool to steal another tachyon thing to make the second half of the trip back to save his Mrs. And perhaps along the way, he needs to make sure Flash becomes a good Flash as his powers were in some way needed to send Wells back in 2020. Which would include killing his mother, I guess. Doesn't explain why the RF has obviously faced Flash before.....that's the heart of why this doesn't make sense, both Wells and RF not only both appear to have time travelling capabilities, but may well be the same person - just not the same person from the same timeline as we've seen them together. So if RF can time travel, why can't Wells now? And if Wells can, what's he actually doing in 2014?

Don't be surprised if the Flash fighting in his parents house is Barry from the finale trying to save his mother, but by doing so, sets in motion that which he wanted to prevent.

Honestly thats what Im expecting. If Wells really does turn out to really be RF he could argue "your moms death made you this way, she has to die" and goes back in time with Barry somehow tagging along. They fight, Barry sees himself and runs himself out from the house and then when he gets back his mom is dead.

I don't think he is, either. I think he's just plain old Harrison "God-complex" Wells.

Could also be Eddie Thawne. Maybe he steals the suit at some point? Hopefully not because he is bitter at Barry getting the girl.

Well we've seen talk the exploding woman into going to kill someone, maybe he'll be able to talk someone else into it? (I really don't want it to be Eddie, it just seems so forced, and an easy (and dull) way out of an actual interesting interaction between Iris/Barry/Eddie)

Well we've seen talk the exploding woman into going to kill someone, maybe he'll be able to talk someone else into it? (I really don't want it to be Eddie, it just seems so forced, and an easy (and dull) way out of an actual interesting interaction between Iris/Barry/Eddie)

I agree. Then again it's the short cut most shows take with the protagonist getting the girl - they establish the other guy is a prick. In comic shows that means the other guy is going to be a supervillain. I hope they at least put him through the ringer to justify him being evil if they go that route.

How do those who believe Wells isn't the RF explain the voice? Because 'if you're standing near the suit you're able to modulate your voice' is a terrible explanation and I can't think of another.

There could still be more than one of them. Maybe someone takes the suit/powers later on? There are a lot of Flashes and reverse flashes in the comics - they may do the same with the show. They happily do it with Arrow where there seems to be 2 characters who use a bow as a primary weapon to every one that uses a gun.

How do those who believe Wells isn't the RF explain the voice? Because 'if you're standing near the suit you're able to modulate your voice' is a terrible explanation and I can't think of another.

As time travel is involved, no reasonable explanation is off the table at this point. No matter how seemingly dumb.

• 1 month later...

Glad for the new episode! But, the whole Barry/Iris story line was weird. I suppose they had to tie that off to move forward. At least I hope we're done with that.

Eddie flat out saves Flash. Yay! But, wasn't there some serious jealosy there an ep or two ago?

Nice that Barry moved back "home". Jessie L. Martin continues to shine.

"Sister"... will that be Dr. Snow as "Killer Frost"? One helluva twist if so...

OK. It's cold out such that all the actors are wearing coats and Joe West even wears a knit cap throughout the ep. But when Iris leaves, she leaves the fron door wide open and it remains so. Neither Barry nor Joe think to close it. (Can I nit pick or what?)

And yeah, I still don't get how the frost and fire guns could possible be a threat to Flash. How the hell can he not dodge the streams get close and wallop both villans at will?

It's a good thing this wasn't the first episode of the show because fails in this one was pretty great. Crossing streams was one of the dumbest strategies ever. Barry starts off the episode dodging bombs and drones and somehow he cannot just take the guns away from the villains who happen to be regular humans? Also, Central City cops are the only cops in America that don't shoot to kill.

Another nitpick - no one would ever travel with a 25 million dollar painting wrapped in cheap plastic. On that same note, Heatwave burning the painting made zero sense.

Despite dumb villain-defeating strategy and dozens of nitpicks, still a super fun show!

haven't watch ed last night's ep yet, but going back to the probable theory that Barry is present the night of his mom's murder. Is it possible he inadvertently frames his own dad by leaving some DNA or something? Like blood at the scene of the crime.

Honestly can't remember when DNA testing became a tool used for criminal cases, or even if father/son DNA is colse enough to pin blame.

Glad for the new episode! But, the whole Barry/Iris story line was weird. I suppose they had to tie that off to move forward. At least I hope we're done with that.

Eddie flat out saves Flash. Yay! But, wasn't there some serious jealosy there an ep or two ago?

Nice that Barry moved back "home". Jessie L. Martin continues to shine.

"Sister"... will that be Dr. Snow as "Killer Frost"? One helluva twist if so...

OK. It's cold out such that all the actors are wearing coats and Joe West even wears a knit cap throughout the ep. But when Iris leaves, she leaves the fron door wide open and it remains so. Neither Barry nor Joe think to close it. (Can I nit pick or what?)

And yeah, I still don't get how the frost and fire guns could possible be a threat to Flash. How the hell can he not dodge the streams get close and wallop both villans at will?

They're not stinting on getting the Rogues introduced, are they? Piper next week, Weather Wizard is coming. New and old Tricksters.

And Captain Cold had a sister who was a Flash villain, The Golden Glider, I believe.

I laughed when Cisco said that Ghostbusters was surprisingly scientifically accurate, and then Wells says it was surprisingly funny too.

They had some really great lines in this episode, I agree. Cisco and Wells can play off one another well. Plus, Cisco is just really funny.

Still, how did none of them think to tell Barry to just take the guns away from Captain Cold and Heatwave? How did it never dawn on Barry that he could do that? I get that his super powers are so great that they have to put implausible plots and obstacles in his path because otherwise he'd just win at everything. One thing they could have done here was have the guns be super amped and maybe create some crazy protective layer around the shooters so that no one could really get to them. Implausible, but for a superhero comic show, it works better than the metahuman not even thinking about just taking the guns away.

This makes it sound like I had more of a problem with the episode than I did. I loved it. Prison Break guys were a great blast from the past. Comic timing is great. It's a really enjoyable show even when multi million dollar art pieces are being carried around like a cup of coffee and people are leaving the doors open while it's cold and Caitlin is touching a car door that was just blasted with absolute zero cold stuff. It's still enjoyable even when the writers make the superhero look like a superidiot for not just taking guns away from regular humans. I suppose it did help that crossing streams is funny.

one of the stupidest epidsodes of tv i've ever seen, for all the reasons above. also, why not just get a sniper to take them out?

Yup. Maybe if they said something would happen to Caitlin if anyone but Flashy should confront them but he still could've taken those guns away without too much fuss. Maybe the writers found their

Ghostbusters riff too amusing.

Anyway, the scenes between Barry and Joe were the best parts of this ep; Eddie asking Joe if he wanted a key to his and Iris' place was a laugh. Also like the continued bonding between Barry and Caitlin, and if nothing else, Iris' "nerd survivial pack" phrase is something I'll likely be adopting.

I wasn't expecting subtlety when the contrasts between Cold and Heatwave were shown and it wasn't but I found the actors' portrayal of them entertaining nonetheless. If they had pushed it any further, it might have gone into eye-rolling territory. The FIRESTORM acronym though, came very close, but I was glad they seemed to going with that character's transmutation powers as opposed to him being a low-grade Human Torch.

Archived