This book is quite boring....

Kaguya

I read the first 3 books in about 2 months. I started reading this in February and still have yet to finish it (on the home stretch now). Did this happen with anyone else? I only enjoy Cersei's chapters really because they are entertaining and suspenseful, while the other are Zzzzzzz........

Please be better ADWD

Nah , I sometimes thought that the book was boring too , but Jaime chapters are always entertaining (he's my favorite character) and Cersei chapters (even though i don't like her ways or her thoughts or anything , she thinks she is the female Tywin , the superbqueen , the superb being , while she's not even a Tywin in Tyrion's size (no Tyrion pun or Tyrion hatred intended here , Tyrion is the real micrography of lord Tywin for me)) are nice too , she has some very good lines and we see what's happening on kings landing , plus i think that at this point she (or she thinks tha she) has everything and everyone under her command and control (practically she is the real queen and the "head" of the state) , then we have Arya and these Braavos chapters are pretty good , maybe the best Arya chapters in all books (The chapter when she left the temple was my favorite in AFfF so far). Then you got Sam , well Sam chapters are not the best in this book , sometimes they are just dull and boring , in a ship all the time etc... But the one in Braavos is awesome too (Braavos is my favorite city lately haahha :drunk: ) ! I'm halfway through the book though , but as you understand , while i found it inferior to ASoS , Martin needed time to rebuild the world and establish a kinda new order of things (new small council etc.) so the book couldn't be as good or full of surprises as the one before that. I would continue listing the pov chapters (Victarion , the Dorne ones etc.) that i fancy (plus some Brienne ones that are good too) but i'm tired of writing xD!
But the book i really found boring was Clash of Kings , it took me 1 year..for real i wouldn't read for months and i forced myself last summer to finish it because it's been a year and i needed to go on (note:it tooke me 1,5 week to finish aGoT) with the books.

Nah , I sometimes thought that the book was boring too , but Jaime chapters are always entertaining (he's my favorite character) and Cersei chapters (even though i don't like her ways or her thoughts or anything , she thinks she is the female Tywin , the superbqueen , the superb being , while she's not even a Tywin in Tyrion's size (no Tyrion pun or Tyrion hatred intended here , Tyrion is the real micrography of lord Tywin for me)) are nice too , she has some very good lines and we see what's happening on kings landing , plus i think that at this point she (or she thinks tha she) has everything and everyone under her command and control (practically she is the real queen and the "head" of the state) , then we have Arya and these Braavos chapters are pretty good , maybe the best Arya chapters in all books (The chapter when she left the temple was my favorite in AFfF so far). Then you got Sam , well Sam chapters are not the best in this book , sometimes they are just dull and boring , in a ship all the time etc... But the one in Braavos is awesome too (Braavos is my favorite city lately haahha :drunk: ) ! I'm halfway through the book though , but as you understand , while i found it inferior to ASoS , Martin needed time to rebuild the world and establish a kinda new order of things (new small council etc.) so the book couldn't be as good or full of surprises as the one before that. I would continue listing the pov chapters (Victarion , the Dorne ones etc.) that i fancy (plus some Brienne ones that are good too) but i'm tired of writing xD!

But the book i really found boring was Clash of Kings , it took me 1 year..for real i wouldn't read for months and i forced myself last summer to finish it because it's been a year and i needed to go on (note:it tooke me 1,5 week to finish aGoT) with the books.

Really? I really liked ACOK, haha. Yeah I Iike Jaimes chapters, and the Dorne girls too. But that's about it really.

I understand where you're coming from when you say that this book is boring, because it definitely doesn't have the intensity of aSoS, but I still thought it was one of the more interesting books in another way.

This book gave a lot of insights into characters that hadn't been really developed in other books. It also gave us a lot more background in terms of the history of Westeros, which I absolutely love. I'm a huge fan of getting to know the world that we read about more and more. I don't need to hit a major plot point every few hundred pages to really like a book. I actually think that I read this book faster than any of the others.

I loved Crows! The Cersei chapters were the best in that book and watching the slow decent into madness.

If Cersei had POV's in the first 3 books they would be perfect . I would have loved to see what was going through her mindset after the Bran incident, the killing of Lady/Mycah, and Roberts Bastards.

If Cersei had POV's in the first 3 books they would be perfect . I would have loved to see what was going through her mindset after the Bran incident, the killing of Lady/Mycah, and Roberts Bastards.

Gotta respectfully disagree here. It would give too much away too quickly. I like how he waited until book 4 to give us her perspective.

I found it pretty damn boring, barring Jaime's chapters.

Me too, barring Cersei's chapters in my case (those are awesome)

And in my opinion it actually gets worse in re-reads because you realize how a lot of things don't really have pay-offs. After some consideration I've concluded it is the weakest in the series, and certainly the one with the most obvious filler

Me too, barring Cersei's chapters in my case (those are awesome)

And in my opinion it actually gets worse in re-reads because you realize how a lot of things don't really have pay-offs. After some consideration I've concluded it is the weakest in the series, and certainly the one with the most obvious filler

I've reread both Jaime and Cersei's (hers were okay, I just hate her, lol) chapters, but nothing else. I've reread all of ASoS probably 6 or 7 times now. I'm hoping at least one of the next two books is as good as that one.

I'm about half way through it and honestly Jamie's chapters and maybe ironborn and Brienne are the only ones I enjoy cresei chapters are just her getting pissed off at everyone and her thinking she should own the world

Looking forward to dance of dragons though stannis and the nights watch are my favourite storylines

I liked AFFC, I think I read it the fastest of alle the books (Well, maybe I read AGOT quicker... but alright). The Cersei chapters were amazing and I began to get a liking to Sansa/Alayne in this one. Also we get to see more of the world (Braavos, Dorne, Iron Islands) and a lot of background stories about the history of Westeros and some of the characters. Jaime and Cersei's arc were brilliant and I even liked Brienne's one. I still need to read the boiled leather back to back version of AFFC and ADWD but I think the books will become just better with that read...

Arya's chapters were the only ones that really grabbed me. I was disappointed by the lack of Tyrion and Dany in this book and I decided it had entirely too much Sam and Brienne.

Jaime and Cersei kept it from being too boring, tho.

Archived