[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa X: Cold never bothered her anyway...

Mladen

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen

A kingdom of isolation,

And it looks like I’m the queen.

Once again, welcome to the Discussing Sansa thread where we discuss, analyze and theorize Sansa's storyline in the TV show. Spoiler alert from the title is enforced so please, if you haven't read the ASOIAF series, continue with caution.

Now, given the experience from the last thread where some people consciously derailed the thread into discussion about Barristan Selmy, Communism, Nazis and God knows whatever, I will issue this polite reminder that this thread, as its title says, is all about Sansa, those whom she interact with, those who are part of her story. Thus, the only topic that is to be discussed is Sansa and currently Vale subplot. Any other debate whether it is about Amazonian forests, Vladimir Putin or Rhoynars and is not connected with Sansa in any way, will be discouraged and should take place where they belong.

And now, given the promo we are bound to see two things: Snow castle scene, which today brings heavy Frozen references and of course "Only Cat" moment which many of us have been waiting for quite some time. Since this thread has been opened before the airing of the episode 4.07 to evade possible overload of the site, you are free to discuss here before, during and after episode. As usual, I invite you all to share whatever you think about this episode, the observations, book parallels and deviations etc.

Once again, welcome to the Discussing Sansa thread...

It did not even hold a candle to the book version. I can understand how hard it would have been to find a way to render the internal monologue, but the rest...I mean honestly they could have kept every bit of dialogue from the book and it would have been so much more intense. They give Oberyn as many book lines as they can manage to fit in pretty much, but with Sansa nope. The whole setting with Lysa in the background seeing the kiss looked almost like a soap opera to me. And 'your sister' instead of 'Only Cat' ? And seriously that shove looked ridiculous if you ask me. So, so disappointed !

Now wondering what they're doing next week considering the preview... Sansa's testimony could undo Petyr it seems...

On the bright side :

Actually included Snow Winterfell.

To think about :

They did not include the doll tearing...Perhaps getting rid of a foreshadowing ?

I may be misremembering, but didn't Sansa push LF away after the kiss, and feel really uncomfortable. It didn't give me that impression in the show. Robin is an spoiled brat, but apparently doesn't share the same sickness as his book counterpart, I wonder how that will impact in future episodes (he doesn't seem to be dying anywhere soon, which is part of LF's plans).

To think about :

They did not include the doll tearing...Perhaps getting rid of a foreshadowing ?

Without the Ghost of High Heart's prophecy, which isn't in the show at all, the doll would be meaningless.

They seem to be tearing through Sansa's storyline. Episode 8 seems to put us square in AFFC territory...although to be fair Dany, Theon, Bran and Brienne are already in AFFC/ADWD territory

A++ Frozen reference, OP.

Sweetrobin seems about as weak and sickly as an Olympic athlete.

I may be misremembering, but didn't Sansa push LF away after the kiss, and feel really uncomfortable. It didn't give me that impression in the show.

she does push him away but not immediately.

Robin is an spoiled brat, but apparently doesn't share the same sickness as his book counterpart, I wonder how that will impact in future episodes (he doesn't seem to be dying anywhere soon, which is part of LF's plans).

indeed but then again, i don't think sweet robin is going to die so the fact that he doesn't seem as sickly on the show bodes well for my theory.

They seem to be tearing through Sansa's storyline. Episode 8 seems to put us square in AFFC territory...although to be fair Dany, Theon, Bran and Brienne are already in AFFC/ADWD territory

A++ Frozen reference, OP.

Sweetrobin seems about as weak and sickly as an Olympic athlete.

Yeah, I assumed we wouldn't get the Vale Lords until 10. Does this mean Sansa's cliffhanger for the season is going to be from her last AFFC chapter? Feels rushed.

Agreed about SR...maybe we'll see him deteriorates next season from Sweetsleep?

she does push him away but not immediately.

indeed but then again, i don't think sweet robin is going to die so the fact that he doesn't seem as sickly on the show bodes well for my theory.

Well he could always get sick later. Maybe he'll come down with some illness.

Yeah, I assumed we wouldn't get the Vale Lords until 10. Does this mean Sansa's cliffhanger for the season is going to be from her last AFFC chapter? Feels rushed.

Maybe because she might have more TWOW material?

On the whole, a bit of a letdown. Too rushed for my liking and not intense enough! They could have atleast kept some of the dialogue. They established it very well with Oberyn and Prince Tyrion (who btw even after a great speech last week seems to yet again get the most amount of the damn screentime!)

Apologies for the rant.

Weird pacing. Of course, It's still a Sansa scene, so It's always a 10 for me, but... Well, it sounded more like LF seduced her rather than forcibly kissed her.

Like I said somewhere, it lasted a rather long time and looked like she was kissing back. I'm thinking she pulled back when Baelish started to put in some tongue.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen

A kingdom of isolation,

And it looks like Im the queen.

Once again, welcome to the Discussing Sansa thread where we discuss, analyze and theorize Sansa's storyline in the TV show. Spoiler alert from the title is enforced so please, if you haven't read the ASOIAF series, continue with caution.

Now, given the experience from the last thread where some people consciously derailed the thread into discussion about Barristan Selmy, Communism, Nazis and God knows whatever, I will issue this polite reminder that this thread, as its title says, is all about Sansa, those whom she interact with, those who are part of her story. Thus, the only topic that is to be discussed is Sansa and currently Vale subplot. Any other debate whether it is about Amazonian forests, Vladimir Putin or Rhoynars and is not connected with Sansa in any way, will be discouraged and should take place where they belong.

And now, given the promo we are bound to see two things: Snow castle scene, which today brings heavy

references and of course "Only Cat" moment which many of us have been waiting for quite some time. Since this thread has been opened before the airing of the episode 4.07 to evade possible overload of the site, you are free to discuss here before, during and after episode. As usual, I invite you all to share whatever you think about this episode, the observations, book parallels and deviations etc.

Once again, welcome to the Discussing Sansa thread...

As you so command although outlawing Amazonian Forest talk seems extreme to me.

Weird pacing. Of course, It's still a Sansa scene, so It's always a 10 for me, but... Well, it sounded more like LF seduced her rather than forcibly kissed her.

she does push him away but yeah, there'll be plenty more where that came from now that they've opened that door.

Well he could always get sick later. Maybe he'll come down with some illness.

Kind of surprised Sansa slapped Sweetrobin.

these two posts are making me wonder if they made robin healthy so that when the sweet sleep is administered, it will be clear what the motives are and that sansa is agreeing to it. d&d love to have set things up at one end of the pendulum to make the swing to the other end that much more noticeable.

Looks like they're making Sansa more of a player than in the books. In the preview for the next episode it appears Sansa (as witness to lysas fall) will corroborate littlefinger story, lying for him so he can remain in charge of the vale and whatnot

Wait a minute, wait a minute!! :idea:

Before I go off on a tangent rage about my utter displeasure with the one scene I was looking forward too in this entire convoluted mess we call Game of Thrones....are we getting some heavy duty foreshadowing here? Let me explain:

"Sansa's not a killer...yet."

Did she just say she'd LIKE IT if Robin threw people who displeased her out of the Moon Door?

And then the smile after Petyr says, "What do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?"

Is Sansa about to turn into a vengeful killer person? Cause I feel like they're subtly moving her towards that route.

That smile after Petyr asked what you do to people who hurt the ones you love? Priceless.

I have no idea how they're going to explain away the fall.

Gonna have to be "Lysa Slipped". Something something I told the crazy lady to keep the Moon Door closed but she insisted on having it open all the time, blah blah.

Of course, we know the truth: The Banana Peel Of Doom. And Balon Greyjoy's next on its hitlist. :)

Looks like they're making Sansa more of a player than in the books. In the preview for the next episode it appears Sansa (as witness to lysas fall) will corroborate littlefinger story, lying for him so he can remain in charge of the vale and whatnot

How is that "more of a player"? She did that in the book.

Archived