[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa X: Cold never bothered her anyway...

Mladen

That, and the whole point of her snow castle is her reliving a moment of her lost and destroyed childhood. Her home and all her childish abandon was represented in the snow castle. When Robin breaks it, she begins to get upset. When he stomps on it, shes very upset. Yet another jerk to stomp all over Sansa's feelings and she wasnt having none of that. Thats why she smacks him. I didnt think her childish, i thought her human.

Really good point, I agree. The more I think about it the more I think it was a good way for her to respond.

Oy vey!!! I don't even want to go down the road of "developing feelings". I'm still reeling and on the verge of drinking straight up Vodka about the damn consensual kiss (I always want to write "consensual sex" for some reason). Adding on the possibility of "developing feeling" is just too much for my soul to deal with at the moment. :stillsick: It could very well happen though. I definitely would not discount it at this point. Also, I'd love to see a cold-blooded and vengeful Sansa. Makes me hopeful that she'll serve a purpose other than being the perpetual "damsel in distress".

And here...I wanted ALL of that!! GIVE ME ALL OF THAT!!!!! :bang: Make me cry like a little bitch!!! Damnit man! Wasted the best scene in the fooking books! :angry2:

/patpat

I really dont see her kiss as overly consensual. Its awkward as hell and we are supposed to go "eeww dude, LF, you fucken creep." Shes like, "i just dont even know how to react right now..." And i dunno. i kinda saw her as wanting to shove him away but was kind of afraid to? Shes pretty rigid at that moment and not really returning the kiss? Im just surprised they had them kiss at all.

loool you wanted the cornball. I wont lie, i kinda wanted the cornball sap too. Im actually pretty cool with it mostly cuz she build that swirly part of Winterfell somehow and that just warmed my cold, black little heart. Its a letdown from what we expected, but i think it coulda been a lot freaking worse.

Why would he try to kill Robin if he's not planning to replace him with Harry? Also, they're bringing in Waynwood next episode.

That's a good point that I never even thought to work out in my head until you brought it up. Why must you make me engage in critical thinking so late in the evening? :dunce: Where the hell is my thinking cap? *Puts on 49ers hat* Ok. So. Why would LF kill Robin? *Seriously thinks about it* Damn. I got nothing. Maybe he turns "problematic" somehow? I'm not sure, tell you the truth.

What did people here make of Lysa's "blue eyes staring at nothing" line?

Also, I really disagree with everyone saying Sansa's arc is about breaking her away from fantasy/childhood dreams. That might be true if you stop at Game of Thrones, but Sansa's arc is about being built up in addition to being broken down.

The 'snow castle' scene in particular is about her reaffirming her dreams and desires. She builds the home of her childhood and doesn't let it get knocked down. She defends it.

I think in the next episode Sansa and LF will meet the Lords and he'll try to convince them that Lysa's death was an accident. Sansa will notice their escepticism and will stand up to "tell the truth" about Lysa: she killed herself. And she will convice them. It'll be a great scene for Sophie.

My tally of Sansa-related bits we haven't seen yet in the show:

- Littlefinger demanding to know whose side the person he's talking to is on (probably Sansa, in episode 8).

- Shot of angry Sansa walking purposefully somewhere (8 or 10?).

- Littlefinger's bit of dialogue from one of the ads about how she's not a child anymore (8 or 10?).

I'm not really clear what to make of the repeated scenes of Sansa insisting on Littlefinger's "real" motivation, because what he told her back in episode 4 was far closer to the truth than what he says here (unless what he said was supposed to be true, but I really can't imagine that, because it makes no sense). So we're not seeing a progression of uncovering the truth, though Sansa may think that's what she's doing; but it's presented in such a way that I suspect casual viewers might buy it, because it resembles a progression.

I'm not really clear what to make of the repeated scenes of Sansa insisting on Littlefinger's "real" motivation, because what he told her back in episode 4 was far closer to the truth than what he says here (unless what he said was supposed to be true, but I really can't imagine that, because it makes no sense). So we're not seeing a progression of uncovering the truth, though Sansa may think that's what she's doing; but it's presented in such a way that I suspect casual viewers might buy it, because it resembles a progression.

They might. I wasn't sure myself. But as someone posted in another thread, it's one of his many ploys. And she is quickly learning what Petyr Baelish is about and TV audience is learning right along with her.

it will occur to TV Sansa as it did to book Sansa, what did he ever do to help her beyond getting power over the only known living heir to Winterfell?

Sure, she'll play along with P, but after killing her aunt Sansa and the TV audience is unlikely to feel safe with him.

I think Petyr kissing Sansa might have been an error he will eventually rue, hopefully fatally & hopefully sooner than expected.

BTW, all the non-ASOIAF readers in the room were blown away by Baelish shoving Lysa out the Moon Door.

Poor SR. Poor Sansa. I'm wondering what changes will be made by even more devilish TV Petyr to imperil their lives, happiness and souls. He really uses every decent impulse of Sansa's to make her more cynical and hard hearted. I can't wait for Sansa to use all he's taught her and blabbed to her in the books to be turned against him eventually.

On the bright side :

Actually included Snow Winterfell.

To think about :

They did not include the doll tearing...Perhaps getting rid of a foreshadowing ?

I think you are right that a slap was not quite as symbolic, but both Sweetrobin and Sansa are aged up, so he's not going to be playing with dolls, plus they didn't go with his shaking spells (yet?) so a few things had to change.

I can live with the scene, though without a nearby patsy for the next scene, how will they explain it to the young lord that his mother fell off the mountain ?

I liked the winterfell scene. Wasn't entirely right but I felt it had the nuts and bolts of it and I liked Sansa slapping Robin. I thought the kiss was pretty much right maybe could have made Sansa shoving him off a bit mor obvious but I still got it.

The moon door was rushed though. I wanted more crazy Lysa and when I told my hubby she was meant to spill her guts about Jon Arryn and be crazier and LF should have said "only Cat" instead of "your sister" he just looked at me and said its the same thing.

So I guess it came across alright for the unsullied.

I am interested to see who or what they blame on Lysa's death and I am interested to see how LF and Sansa interact in the future. But all in all I was happy enough with the episode. A little more crazy Lysa would have made it perfect but was still pretty good.

I have to ask what is with D&D's inability to adapt such beautiful scenes of Sansa's arc? I mean, this sucked... On so many levels...

Ok, let me dissect this. It all started nice, her walking out on the snow, "Winterfell" tune playing, her building the castle in silence, this is where the tune should have kept on... Now, SR... I am torn about this. On one hand, there is understanding of SR not playing with the dolls, and that piece of foreshadowing means nothing for Unsullied given that we haven't seen the story of Baelish's sigil on the show. Slap also felt more natural, even when LF compared it to the maternal role she will be playing for SR in the future. But, I didn't like the conversation with Robin...

Now, with LF. Let we be clear about this, before we start arguing that nonsense that Sansa liked any kiss with LF in the books. She doesn't. LF has to force himself on her for those kisses, and she has resisted every each one of them. So, no. What we saw here, IDK, what happened... Are we now talking of yet another scene of bad editing, like with Cersei/Jaime? Or was this intentional? Well, TBH, she didn't feel comfortable, and certainly the angle someone posted provides us with more insight. All and all, this is not book Sansa and I see that even the attempts of comparing those two storylines is simply wrong. Subtleties were never their forte, but this, this is just bad...

And will someone explain me WTF is so difficult in adapting "Only Cat"? I mean, one of the most memorable lines ever in ASOIAF... Who does that? What adaptation defile the books like this? Simply, it is idiotic and counter-productive.

They basically need TWOW material now to advance Sansa`s story. Unless the want to show Littlefinger trying to make out with her for an entire season.

Yeah... I mean, not only hers. Brienne's arc is also on verge of ending... Next season will be most interesting to see how things resolve.

I think the kiss was framed poorly, but it was clear she wasn't reciprocating (and reiterated later when she talked to Lysa). And I oddly liked the SR slap; I think the doll through this medium may have made Sansa look a bit bratty, without us being privy to her thoughts.

I guess Sansa will spend part of next season piecing together Jon Arryn's death? Seems like it's good knowledge for her to have.

As to "Only Cat," here's one theory on why they changed the line: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/game-of-thrones-only-cat-line-change?mbid=social_twitter

I don't see why Sansa would turn on Balish. He saved her from the KL, and saved her from Lysa, and he loved her mother. Sansa really only has positive experience with Balish. I think they are tied up as partners.

Archived