[book spoilers] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

A girl I know who watches the show watched with me last night and she is so on point I couldn't believe she never read the books.

"That Stannis guy just shows up randomly in places"

"That prince is so gonna get murdered by that bodybuilder"

"He's gonna kiss Sansa."

"He's gonna push her"

"I hope he kills that irritating kid next"

"Arya is like an assassin now"

"Cersei is crazy. She's gonna fuck up big time"

"I hate the Wall. Eveyone is just a complete wanker up there. Oh they're all criminals aren't they lol"

"I hope they don't burn that scaley faced girl"

I was amazed.

great timing when Husband told Sansa to "slap him " (Sweet Robbin)and she did right on cue! Was "over the moon" that Oberon was to be Tyrions Champion. Is clearly seeing Cerseis life long nasty streak towards Tyrion and no longer sees her as desirable. Still having trouble associating the Mountain with Gregor Clegane and thus to the hound. VERY happy to see Lysa flying out the moon door.

My Unsullied husband hasn't been fooled for one second by Littlefinger this season. He was pumped when Littlefinger and Sansa first arrived at the Vale, because he said that Littlefinger will kill "the crazy lady cuz she's threatening Sansa."

He's happy he was proven right this episode. As soon as Lysa started holding Sansa over the edge he was asking where Littlefinger was, then was shouting at him to push her off. As soon as it happened, he said, "Sweet! Now they can handle that brat Robin!"

I think because of the shows portrayal of Littlefinger as a moustache twirling villain, D&D couldn't end the season with Littlefinger killing Lysa. It wouldn't have had a dramatic enough effect guessing by fan reaction. People are much more interested in the fate of Tyrion in my opinion.

Jon will marry Dany and then kill her to become king.

Oberyn will win the duel because they spent way to much time developing his character for him to just die and they can't kill both Oberyn and Tyrion in the same episode.

Dany is boring.

Littlefinger is smart and creepy.

bwhahahahahaha, I think those were my thoughts on my first read, yeah, yeah, even after the Red Wedding.

Hubby definitely thinks that Oberyn will win and then Tyrion will go away with him and have adventures or something. I couldn't respond at all.

Hubby is so not impressed with new Daario, so much so that not 15 seconds after he left his scene and Dany was talking to Jorah, he turned to me and asked "Who is this Daario they are talking about?" My whole family is of the consensus that Daario is too soft for Dany. Not impressed.

Otherwise, they were just happy to see Lysa go out the moon door.

He's been mentioned time and time again this season. Oberyn's even referred to him as "Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain"

Bar having some guy show up and draw pictures for the audience, not sure what else they're supposed to do.

Damn, I can even hear PP's Oberyn saying that now. The Mountain situation has been a mess with the triple casting issue, but I think it's been perfectly clear when it comes to Prince Oberyn and his issues with the man that did the deed on his sister and her children. When the characters come together for the fight, I do think many Unsullied will get it. Hopefully, we do get the Tyrion and Red Viper prep scene, and that should help cement the situation for many.

Either way, I love reading about the family and friends Unsullied, it's great to read the observations of non-readers from posters who know them.

My sister loved the episode and she was very happy to see Oberyn volunteer. I asked her if she was surprised about Lysa's death, she said "kinda" because it had crossed her mind that Lysa will get pushed when LF walked up to her next to the Moon door. Actually, she said that she was more surprised by the kiss. All in all, she was very enthusiastic about the episode.

The unsullied I've spoken with were all very excited when Oberyn claimed he would champion Tyrion, and were mostly split on whether or not he would live or die.

That scene was very moving, Pedro Pascal absolutely killed it. Just look at his eyes when he talks about his sister and her children, so powerful. I'm glad he was cast for the role.

One of my buddy's wives is really into the show, this is from one of her emails to me. Pretty humorous.

<<I know you are not a deanearys fan. But she's my favorite leader. She hasn't been tested lately, though. I wish the author was a woman so we could get more action around the female characters. She needs to do some tricky surviving.

I like the fact that finally the crazy aunt got killed. I would

Like her son to go as well. Maybe his tongue gets cut off?

God, she was so annoying I think the entire audience collectively felt sadistic pleasure when she got pushed into the moon gate (or whatever that hole is called).

Other characters Id like to push down that hole: sersei, that annoying guy who keeps on keeping snow down up north, and the fire witch lady with perfect skin. Id start with her.... Can't stand her. She represents every single deep hatred I have of religious people, mean women, and women with perfect skin. And while she's going down, she should take her queen too and her husband. I don't like that clan at all.

Also not my favorite: the gal who is a good fighter whose brother was castrated. They can all go. And the rapist guy. Maybe they should all fight the fire people and fire people should

Drown and they should all burn. Nicely tied up - decent battle scene.

People id like the see more of: the stark sisters - especially united, deanerys, tyrion, the lady knight gal, snow, and the guy with the orange sun jacket... he is rich And likes sex and what not, but has one jacket? What?

Another good plot line.. The sisters, the lady knight, and snow up north get together and unite the north. And tyrion survives and goes up there to rule. Tyrion and Sansa on the throne, the others in battle with the northern creatures.

The sun jacket dude goes back home and aligns with deanearys. They get together (he's a bisexual isn't he? I think so is she).

I can get into this. Maybe I should quit my job and write a book. >>

:D

I can get into this. Maybe I should quit my job and write a book. >>

:D

In case she ever does: Please let her know, that killing of every single "bad guy" and leaving only the ones you really like living in love, piece and harmony, might not actually make the most interesting story. :lol:

In case she ever does: Please let her know, that killing of every single "bad guy" and leaving only the ones you really like living in love, piece and harmony, might not actually make the most interesting story. :lol:

yeah, I reminded her that the show needs villains so we can root against them!

yeah, I reminded her that the show needs villains so we can root against them!

Terrific letter, though, and thanks for sharing. Your letter writer did hit many things right on the nose, especially some of her nitpicks. I mean, wow, yes, Oberyn does carry that jacket well.......but damn, they couldn't buy him some more wardrobe? He does look damn good in it, though. I think she was spot on about Mel and her perfect skin, Carice's skin is lovely.

My mum seems to be under the impression that Cersei is the ultimate villain

When asked about the mountain scene " it was Cersei, she got together a bunch of prisoners and sent them against the mountain for fun, and to make sure he got practice before the real fight"

She also thinks that Cersei tried to poison either Tyrion or Marge, but it backfired and killed Joff instead

Amongst other things, she pretty much blames her for everything bad that happens.

Everyone of my friends is expecting the Mountain to get dismembered alive by Oberyn. They say that after Ned's & Rob's deaths its time for the good guys to get a major win. And me like the bastard that i am i keep hyping them up more, constantly reminding them about Oberyn's skills in battle.

Everyone of my friends is expecting the Mountain to get dismembered alive by Oberyn. They say that after Ned's & Rob's deaths its time for the good guys to get a major win. And me like the bastard that i am i keep hyping them up more, constantly reminding them about Oberyn's skills in battle.

Nice! ;)

Archived