[book spoilers] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

colleague of mine; i really like oberyn. they keep killing the good guys, so its good to have a good guy that wont die that fast.

sweet summer child...

I know some people who can't stand the 2-week wait that they want to look up spoilers (I told them not to). They love Oberyn (of course, who doesn't?) but most of them are concerned that Tyrion is going to die. They really liked seeing Lysa 'fly', too. That shocked a lot of them.

People id like the see more of: the stark sisters - especially united, deanerys, tyrion, the lady knight gal, snow, and the guy with the orange sun jacket... he is rich And likes sex and what not, but has one jacket? What?

:D

I love everything she said, but especially this - why has he only been wearing that one jacket? :dunno: :rofl:

My GF is an unsullied one and after reading posts of unsullied opinions/prediction I asked about E7 Mockingbird

- she knew LF is gonna shove Lysa

- didn't know about LF/Sansa romance and was a bit shocked

- new Daario is her new crush and she approves (not like Jorah)

- she really likes Jaime now (especially with short hair)

- didn't know who "the big guy" butchering people is, so I had to explain that's it's The Mountain

- she believes Oberyn will prevail (might be because I'm finishing up DwD book and she saw Tyrion chapter), but I'm sad for her, because he's her new favourite character

- Brienne and Pod / Arya and Hound are both going for the same place

- thinks wildlings under Mance are gonna breach the Wall and go south

I watch the show with 3 Unsullied frieds, and they all were enthusiastic about Oberyn championing Tyrion! He's become one of their favorite characters, and they're convinced he will win... I can't wait to see their faces next episode! (Having read the books, their reactions and opinions are one of the best sides of watching the show :P )

About Littlefinger, they surely didn't expect the kiss, and when they noticed Lysa had witnessed it they really thought Sansa was going through the Moon Door :D However, when Littlefinger "saved" her, they all saw Lysa pushed coming (and they were pretty happy about it :rofl: )

They're really excited about this last episodes, especially about the Tyrion situation... I guess they won't be disappointed :D

My GF is an unsullied one and after reading posts of unsullied opinions/prediction I asked about E7 Mockingbird

- she knew LF is gonna shove Lysa

- didn't know about LF/Sansa romance and was a bit shocked

-

Sorry...what? LF/Sansa romance?! :huh: What the heck?

colleague of mine; i really like oberyn. they keep killing the good guys, so its good to have a good guy that wont die that fast.

sweet summer child...

you should talk it up with him/her! keep discussing all the amazing possibilities now that Oberyn and Tyrion have joined forces! think about how they can mess with Tywin and Cersei in the long term! :devil:

I know this doesn't really fit the thread but my sister has never watched the show & has just starting reading the books. The other day she was to the part where LF tells Cat the knife used to try to kill Bran was given to Tyrion. My sister:

"I think Little finger is a good guy but he must be wrong about Tyrion trying to have Bran killed because they make it pretty obvious it was Jaime who hired that guy to kill him."

:lmao:

I know this doesn't really fit the thread but my sister has never watched the show & has just starting reading the books. The other day she was to the part where LF tells Cat the knife used to try to kill Bran was given to Tyrion. My sister:

"I think Little finger is a good guy but he must be wrong about Tyrion trying to have Bran killed because they make it pretty obvious it was Jaime who hired that guy to kill him."

:lmao:

LOL, Love it!! If your sister makes it through ASOS, I'd love to hear her thoughts on Jaime's arc.

My friend said he has a new favorite character - Littlefinger, because he was waiting impatiently for the annoying aunt Lysa to die. :D He also said Oberyn is pretty badass and expects the duel to be a tough one, but he thinks Oberyn will win. (He spoiled himself about Tyrion killing Tywin by reading a synopsis on A Feast for Crows back cover, but he doesn't know how or when, so he assumes Oberyn has to win the duel for Tyrion to be able to kill Tywin while still being in the city. He wonders where Tyrion will go now.) I am looking forward to his reactions after these three episodes so much! :D

The hubby thought for sure that Bronn would be Tyrion's champion. He couldn't think of anyone else that would champion Tyrion. This just proves to me how D & D fail at providing enough backstory, although they did include mention of it when Oberyn spoke with Tyrion. Have they even mentioned Oberyn's gifts with poison or why he is called the Red Vyper?

The hubby thought for sure that Bronn would be Tyrion's champion. He couldn't think of anyone else that would champion Tyrion. This just proves to me how D & D fail at providing enough backstory, although they did include mention of it when Oberyn spoke with Tyrion. Have they even mentioned Oberyn's gifts with poison or why he is called the Red Vyper?

Lol, they have mentioned Oberyn's gift with poisons (Tywin's own visit, in public, to THE Brothel?~I wasn't really around for that epi, can I nitpick that now~), but haven't, iirc, alluded to his nickname of The Red Viper, which is odd......considering the title of the next episode.

Hubby definitely thinks that Oberyn will win and then Tyrion will go away with him and have adventures or something. I couldn't respond at all.

Hubby is so not impressed with new Daario, so much so that not 15 seconds after he left his scene and Dany was talking to Jorah, he turned to me and asked "Who is this Daario they are talking about?" My whole family is of the consensus that Daario is too soft for Dany. Not impressed.

Otherwise, they were just happy to see Lysa go out the moon door.

Has they not change him from the books, everyone will remembers him but for all the wrong reasons LOL

My friend thinks this episode was predictable, (not that it nothing wrong with that, she actually liked it)

Dany sleeping with Daario was as obvious as Jon sleeping with Ygritte last season.

She saw LF killing Lysa as soon as the marriage was mentioned last season, she was actually wondering why it took so long LOL

Oberyn being Tyrion's champions was pretty much spoiled by the trailers, but she love the scene anyways, but with episode 9 so close she expect something terrible happening soon.

She likes Jon a little bit more after Craster's, but still doesn't gife a f*** about the Wall

Daario is too soft, that's hilarious. And they also feel sorry for Daario. Poor Daario.

I don't know how the show pulled this off, but they did.

I think they tried to make him look more like a typical "romantic comedy" nice guy.

One thing is for sure, this guy is not "fire" as Barristan calls him. Though I really can't blame them for trying to change book Daario, he's just...no, no way he make it into the screen.

This is going to be particularly tough, because Oberyn was always one of my favourites when reading, so I had been very excited about his casting/introduction and my unsullied partner was aware of my excitment. And so he greeted The Red Viper with due respect and admiration of his pure awesomeness. I also filled in a little bit of Oberyn's back story - travelling the Free Cities, his stint with the Second Sons, earning links on his maester's chain at the Citadel, the real story he has with the Tyrell's, Elia's death, etc. etc., so that he'd be even more aware of what an amazing adversary Oberyn would be.

So, when he stepped up to help Tyrion (my partner's favourite character), oh how my sweet summer child whooped in happiness!! He's convinced there's no way in hell Tyrion can die, because people would boycott the show, and so he's convinced that Oberyn will surely bust the Mountain to smithereens.

*Sigh* I think what's coming might hurt even worse than the Red Wedding for him.... :crying: :crying: :crying:

"So crazy aunt is dead now? What is "sneaky guy" going to do in this mountain village?"

I really laughed so hard at this...

The interesting part: He never seemed to think that perhaps Sansa has something to do there, too.

I accidentally spoilered my unsullied sister.

I was reading the pre-published Tyrion chapter from WoW. So, when my sister asked what I was reading, I told her that. And she was: 'yes! Oberyn is gonna defeat the Mountain'.

I apologized. But in a way she does not know much. She thinks Oberyn will stay on the show for a while.

Lol, they have mentioned Oberyn's gift with poisons (Tywin's own visit, in public, to THE Brothel?~I wasn't really around for that epi, can I nitpick that now~), but haven't, iirc, alluded to his nickname of The Red Viper, which is odd......considering the title of the next episode.

I'm guessing that they'll explain it before the fight next episode.

I had to come here when I saw this thread because I want to mention something where it seems the show runners lost some of the impact surrounding how much Ptyr and Lysa did to start the war. My unsullied mom and sister liked this episode and saw the push coming, but when I asked them if they understood what Lysa did for Petyr, they weren't sure. They knew she killed for him but that's it. I had to explain about Jon Arryn and starting all the Stark Lannister hostility. I tjink the show messed up by having Lysa reveal that info a few episodes back in a whisper to Petyr that most people missed.

Archived