Mel's missing ruby and Shireen's fate

The Old Tongue

I find it interesting how Martin goes and says that everybody is interpreting Melisandre wrongly, yet very few bother to change their view of her.

I loved her chapter for that reason. When you read it and she's not ranting about burning people you wait for the catch.. and it doesn't come! Then the chapter's over and you realize she's just misunderstood. Very ironic.

I loved her chapter for that reason. When you read it and she's not ranting about burning people you wait for the catch.. and it doesn't come! Then the chapter's over and you realize she's just misunderstood. Very ironic.

Many readers remain incapable of shaking their first impression of her even after having read that chapter. Her concern for the safety of Davos' son, for example, is conceived in some quarters as an elaborate form of blackmail.

Many readers remain incapable of shaking their first impression of her even after having read that chapter. Her concern for the safety of Davos' son, for example, is conceived in some quarters as an elaborate form of blackmail.

Oh well :) Crackpots gotta crackpot.

As anyone already suggested that Stannis may offer Shireen as wife to Jon Snow when he offers him to legitimize him as Jon Stark? In the book, he offers him to take Val as wife. She does not seem to be in the show, at least not this season, so Stannis' offer could be to legitimize Jon as Lord Stark and making him Prince Consort to his daughter and heir...

I just wanted to chime in about something I noticed the show never fully mentions the need for "king's blood" without Melisande correcting Stannis with "your blood". (if it does please correct me) But I started thinking about that and now have this lingering notion that since there probably won't be any mention of Mance's son that it will switch to Sam and Gilly take Shireen with them? Perhaps that is out there, but is it impossible that D&D would make that change? Especially since they added the Melisandre bath scene to push for Shireen being taken to the wall.

I don't know why but I think Mel is pulling a bait and switch with Shireen and Selyese. Mel knows Selyese is a crazy lady and it would be nice if Stanis had the option of re-marring a new house to help rebuild his kingdom. They seem to like marriage packs. Shireen could use a kind mother that wont let her burn and Stanis does love his daughter, I don't think he could burn her. Far fetched but maybe.

Is Shireen the last of the Bratheons, other then Roberts bastards?

Is Shireen the last of the Bratheons, other then Roberts bastards?

Yes. If she dies, House Baratheon dies with her.

Well, Stannis could have other legitimate children, but I doubt he would.

He's a king. He could legitimize any number of "Baratheons."

Ah, but if he legitimizes any of Robert's bastards and that bastard gets support independently of Stannis, that bastard will say his claim, as of Robert Baratheon, surpasses Stannis' claim as brother of Robert Baratheon.

Archived