(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Here's this, in case my thread isn't approved:

(If something is italicized, it is merely speculation. If not, it is concrete information.)

-
As far as I can tell, these storylines will not be featured: Arya, Bran, Daenerys, Davos/Stannis, Brienne/Podrick

In King's Landing, the day of the duel arrives and a verdict on Tyrion is reached. Presumably, we will get the scene bewteen Tyrion and Oberyn before the duel, in which the Red Viper prepares for his fight and it is implied that he has poisoned his spear. I do wonder how far the showrunners will go with Oberyn's death; they haven't shied away from brutal deaths (Talisa, anyone?), but the Red Viper's demise is arguably more gruesome. I also wonder whether they will finally name him as the Viper or not. For the episode name's sake, I hope so.

I'm assuming, in this episode, we'll get the scene between Tywin and Cersei in which she voices her concerns for Tommen: "You'll fight over him like beasts until you tear him apart. I will burn our house to the ground before I let that happen." Although it would work better in the finale, as a set up to her storyline next season (which the quote heavily foreshadows), so who knows?

Ygritte, Tormund and the Thenns attack Mole's Town. I wouldn't worry about Gilly. Hannah Murray said in an interview that her character will be in an episode that took place entirely at the Wall (which is, by all acounts, episode nine). I'm guessing the wildlings take her with them for some reason. The Night's Watch reacts to the news of the sack of Mole's Town.

Reek, disguised as Theon Greyjoy, takes a peace banner to the ironborn at Moat Cailin to offer them Ramsay's terms. The ironborn surrender, but we don't know if the Bastard of Bolton flays them like in the book. Even if he does, will we see the dreadful aftermath as depicted in the book? This is turning into a bloody disturbing episode. Afterward, Roose and his army will eventually regroup with Ramsay's (there's a shot of this in the first trailer), but I'm uncertain as to whether this happens in episode eight or ten.

Sansa I from AFFC. The Lords Declarant arrive to investigate Lysa's death and interrogate Littlefinger and Alayne. I wonder if Sansa is coached to lie for Baelish (as in the book), or if she surprises him. I'm assuming there won't be a fall guy (Marillion) and that Baelish will pass it off as a drunken accident.

If Dany is in the episode: Dany finds out about Jorah's spying because of saboteur Tywin's meddling. She summons him to her throne room to give him a chance to explain. He does not beg forgiveness and denies any wrongdoing. Dany banishes him, but not before threatening to have his head should she ever see him again. That's how it happens in the books, at least. I can see the adaptation diverging, for example, by having Dany exile him for the simple discovery of his treachery and his failing to excuse it, instead of his insistence of having good intentions.

If Arya is in the episode: Arya and Sandor reach the Bloody Gate, where the Knight of the Gate denies them entrance to the Eyrie. Sandor starts a fight and is badly wounded, but gets away with Arya. Too weak to ride, Arya attempts to treat his wounds until she realizes he is beyond saving. Sandor is left for dead after Arya decides he doesn't deserve the gift of mercy.

^"This is turning into a bloody disturbing episode." Not really speculation! :P

I'm expecting the duel to be the last scene, so as to leave viewers with the horror/realization that Tyrion dies. Episode 7 was quite jumpy due to lots of storylines, so I for one am hoping that the whole episode is as tight as you described it above.

I also feel that Arya will leave the Hound and sail away all in episode 10, but that's based mostly on personal preference. Especially after their little moment together this week, they need some time to dislike each other again :)

I wouldnt be surprised if Gilly actually escapes with her son and warns the Watch. After all, she's a wildling and survived North of the Wall

And apparently, it is a non-Dany episode, which I'm glad of ! Second of the season. This episode needs room !

I bet we're gonna see Arya and the Hound as well. Not a word about them in the synopsis nor a glimpse in the preview. I think all their stuff is too spoilery.

Wildcard : Brienne and Pod ?

I wouldnt be surprised if Gilly actually escapes with her son and warns the Watch. After all, she's a wildling and survived North of the Wall

I hope you're right, I just get so worked up over Gilly. My logic tells me that the show will bring her story back to where it needs to be, but my heart nags at me with doubt. If something bad happens to her I will flip tables and do cart wheels of rage.

This episode, as far as we know, will probably have:

- Arya scene, where she abandons the hound

- Conversation with Tyrion before, and then Oberyn vs the Mountain (I expect this to be about 15 minutes long)

- Dany and Missandei bath scene

- Ramsay instructing Theon, and then Theon taking Moat Cailin

- Sansa confessing to the Lords of the Vale (intrigued by this one)

- Ygritte and co. attacking Mole's Town

- Gilly escaping to the wall, informing Jon and co. Getting ready for the epic Episode 9.

That's quite a lot of things to fit in this episode. I have a feeling that the Dany and Jon stuff will not take that long. I expect the longer scenes to be Arya, Sansa and Theon. --> 38 minutes in total for all that. Then, of course, the last 15 minutes will be all Oberyn.

- Conversation with Tyrion before, and then Oberyn vs the Mountain (I expect this to be about 15 minutes long)

- Gilly escaping to the wall, informing Jon and co. Getting ready for the epic Episode 9.

That's quite a lot of things to fit in this episode. I have a feeling that the Dany and Jon stuff will not take that long. I expect the longer scenes to be Arya, Sansa and Theon. --> 38 minutes in total for all that. Then, of course, the last 15 minutes will be all Oberyn.

I think it's more likely that Jon and co. learn of Mole's Town from the top of the Wall. He and Sam were sent up to patrol...

I don't see Gilly escaping.

Also, since "Only Cat" was e7 I'm not sure what to make of Littlefinger's line "I want to know which side you're on" from the first trailer.

and Yara. I don't know what's going on with her. I thought maybe we'd see her at the Moat tonight and hear about Balon, or maybe that'll happen episode 8 right before Theon comes along.

I hope we get atleast a brief scene with Bran and co, otherwise thats 4 episodes in a row he'll miss.

Really looking forward to Arya and The Hounds split, Sansa's scene with the Lords declarant, Moat Cailan and the return of Roose, and of course The Viper.

Good summary. I agree that Gilly will most likely be the one informing the NW of the attack on Mole Town and Arya abandoning the Hound makes percet sense being in this episode, as it would basically be the "end" of both Clegane brothers.

And I agree with Ignorant Bog Woman: this episode will be really disturbing (by which I mean more than usual).

I think it's more likely that Jon and co. learn of Mole's Town from the top of the Wall. He and Sam were sent up to patrol...

I don't see Gilly escaping.

I think Gilly's actress said something along the lines of being in an episode focused entirely on the wall. So I'm pretty sure she makes it.

I hope we get atleast a brief scene with Bran and co, otherwise thats 4 episodes in a row he'll miss.

Really looking forward to Arya and The Hounds split, Sansa's scene with the Lords declarant, Moat Cailan and the return of Roose, and of course The Viper.

Unfortunately, Isaac Hempstead Wright confirmed that he's in only 4 episodes this season :(

At least the screen-time he does/will have this season was amazing, unlike in previous seasons, when it mostly didn't feel too engaging. The writers have gotten much better at this imo.

Here's this, in case my thread isn't approved:

(If something is italicized, it is merely speculation. If not, it is concrete information.)

-

As far as I can tell, these storylines will not be featured: Arya, Bran, Daenerys, Davos/Stannis, Brienne/Podrick

In King's Landing, the day of the duel arrives and a verdict on Tyrion is reached. Presumably, we will get the scene bewteen Tyrion and Oberyn before the duel, in which the Red Viper prepares for his fight and it is implied that he has poisoned his spear. I do wonder how far the showrunners will go with Oberyn's death; they haven't shied away from brutal deaths (Talisa, anyone?), but the Red Viper's demise is arguably more gruesome. I also wonder whether they will finally name him as the Viper or not. For the episode name's sake, I hope so.

I'm assuming, in this episode, we'll get the scene between Tywin and Cersei in which she voices her concerns for Tommen: "You'll fight over him like beasts until you tear him apart. I will burn our house to the ground before I let that happen." Although it would work better in the finale, as a set up to her storyline next season (which the quote heavily foreshadows), so who knows?

Ygritte, Tormund and the Thenns attack Mole's Town. I wouldn't worry about Gilly. Hannah Murray said in an interview that her character will be in an episode that took place entirely at the Wall (which is, by all acounts, episode nine). I'm guessing the wildlings take her with them for some reason. The Night's Watch reacts to the news of the sack of Mole's Town.

Reek, disguised as Theon Greyjoy, takes a peace banner to the ironborn at Moat Cailin to offer them Ramsay's terms. The ironborn surrender, but we don't know if the Bastard of Bolton flays them like in the book. Even if he does, will we see the dreadful aftermath as depicted in the book? This is turning into a bloody disturbing episode. Afterward, Roose and his army will eventually regroup with Ramsay's (there's a shot of this in the first trailer), but I'm uncertain as to whether this happens in episode eight or ten.

Sansa I from AFFC. The Lords Declarant arrive to investigate Lysa's death and interrogate Littlefinger and Alayne. I wonder if Sansa is coached to lie for Baelish (as in the book), or if she surprises him. I'm assuming there won't be a fall guy (Marillion) and that Baelish will pass it off as a drunken accident.

If Dany is in the episode: Dany finds out about Jorah's spying because of saboteur Tywin's meddling. She summons him to her throne room to give him a chance to explain. He does not beg forgiveness and denies any wrongdoing. Dany banishes him, but not before threatening to have his head should she ever see him again. That's how it happens in the books, at least. I can see the adaptation diverging, for example, by having Dany exile him for the simple discovery of his treachery and his failing to excuse it, instead of his insistence of having good intentions.

If Arya is in the episode: Arya and Sandor reach the Bloody Gate, where the Knight of the Gate denies them entrance to the Eyrie. Sandor starts a fight and is badly wounded, but gets away with Arya. Too weak to ride, Arya attempts to treat his wounds until she realizes he is beyond saving. Sandor is left for dead after Arya decides he doesn't deserve the gift of mercy.

Dead on I'd say.

Archived