(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Yeah, they put the night filter on... this makes me wonder if we will see Yara again this season. I'm not sure she'll show up at the Moat, but I hope we see her at least in 10.

So, we have two wildcards this episode : the two roadtrips : Hound/Arya - Brienne/Pod. We're not a 100% sure they'll appear this episode (although I'd be ready to bet we'll get Arya and the Hound) and we dont know for sure what's gonna happen to them (apart from the small clues of videos, promos and leaks).

As for Gilly, there are two options :

1 - She is taken prisoner by the wildlings ( or maybe they find out she's a wildling and want to take her with them).

2 - She escapes (I prefer that) and warns the Wall. It would be nice for the character to show her under such a good light and not just that dumb girl.

I wouldnt be surprised if Gilly actually escapes with her son and warns the Watch. After all, she's a wildling and survived North of the Wall

Wildcard : Brienne and Pod ?

I agree Gilly survives, if for no other reason than she helps with Sam's S5 arc.

Also, there can't bee too much of Brienne & Pod! Love them!

.At the Eyrie

It is clear that the Lords & Lady don't trust Baelish, so they will ask San - sorry - Alayne: "Lord Baelish has told many lies." My theory on this is that they will say that Lysa simply slipped and fell. When Alayne says "I have to tell the truth", Baelish might worry, or he might have confidence in her to lie. I think she will tell the Lords & Lady that Lysa was drunk and didn't say immediately to protect her memory.

I can very much see this happening. Good spec!

Hm, don't think I've ever actually seen cart wheels of rage--please have someone tape you doing this, and bring it here to share!

Rage can make you do some bizarre things.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3376039680/h1DB95A57/

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2933/29984551-0cb0-436f-a489-fdeaa9a0fc4b.jpg

Hopefully Gilly will be fine and it won't come to this.

Do you guys think they will show the scene where Oberyn declares to the court he is fighting for Tyrion.. Or are they gonna just gloss over that. I would love for that to be the first scene of the episode, then the last would obviously be the duel.

I've never been big on them having exact quotes right or anything like that (like "only cat") but I really want them to include "I'm going to kill that" and all his lines during the fight. Him yelling "Elia" and "you raped her, murdered her" really made that chapter for me in the books. Plus I think they should to show the unsullied just how good of a fighter Oberyn really is, that he can basically play around with a man everyone fears.

Do you guys think they will show the scene where Oberyn declares to the court he is fighting for Tyrion.. Or are they gonna just gloss over that. I would love for that to be the first scene of the episode, then the last would obviously be the duel.

I've never been big on them having exact quotes right or anything like that (like "only cat") but I really want them to include "I'm going to kill that" and all his lines during the fight. Him yelling "Elia" and "you raped her, murdered her" really made that chapter for me in the books. Plus I think they should to show the unsullied just how good of a fighter Oberyn really is, that he can basically play around with a man everyone fears.

In the episode 8 preview, Ellaria says "You're going to fight that?, so I'm pretty sure Oberyn is going to say "I'm going to kill that."

As much as I'd love for Oberyn to declare himself the champion in front of the court, I dont think that's gonna happen. It will probably be Cersei and Tywin mentioning it in the beginning of the episode.

In other things, I really like what seems to happen with Sansa, saying she wants to tell the truth. It seems obvious she's gonna lie (after all, aint she becoming a pretty good one in the end ?). I really wonder what the lie will be : "She was drunk." - "She tripped and fell." - "She was pushed by one of her guards." ...

This probably not going to happen but it could be a departure from books. Oberyn survives the fight with the Mountain and returns to Dorne . This would mean that Tyrion goes free however his life is still in great danger from Cersei. He can still murder Tywin and Shae before he flees. I just like the character Oberyn and don't want him to be gone so soon. Wishful thinking.

I really don't think they're going to kill off Gilly.

I mean, Sam HAS to hit that.

Plus the actress playing Gilly is a woman and has breasts and an ass, so surely they would use that scene as an opportunity to show nudity.

Has Hannah Murray ever done a nude scene? You just got my heart aflutter. Forgive me, but she is ultra qt3.14.

In Meereen

If we get anything, it will be Tywin's letter arriving and Jorah being exposed. He'll definitely be banished in episode 10.

What letter is Tywin sending to Dany or Jorah? I dont remember him sending it in the books.

Has Hannah Murray ever done a nude scene? You just got my heart aflutter. Forgive me, but she is ultra qt3.14.

She and Sam must elope ... I think she'll either escape/hide underground and turn up next season, or she'll be taken hostage under some pretext that she has been to CB and knows it a bit more specifically than any of Tormund's crew.. hopefully the former as the wildlings don't seem like the 'take prisoners' type.. at least not the bunch south of the wall..

What letter is Tywin sending to Dany or Jorah? I dont remember him sending it in the books.

The letter in show is replacing Barristan in the books.. I am curious though to learn about it's contents as I suspect it'll be something more clever than "LOL JORAHS A SPY LOL" I expect it will almost mention that in passing but that mention will be what Dany focuses on and maybe Barristan will have to, maybe begrudgingly, fill her in.

She and Sam must elope ... I think she'll either escape/hide underground and turn up next season, or she'll be taken hostage under some pretext that she has been to CB and knows it a bit more specifically than any of Tormund's crew.. hopefully the former as the wildlings don't seem like the 'take prisoners' type.. at least not the bunch south of the wall..

I think they'll realize she's a wildling and she'll be forced to be a part of the attack. Then, Sam will kill her in the battle. On accident, of course.

I'm kidding.

Judging by the promo, we don't know will there be Arya, Bran, Brienne, Stannis or Dany. I hope we see the scene where Arya leaves the Hound to die, and the scene where Jorah is busted in receiving a letter from Varys. In that case the story for the final episode will be where Arya boards the ship for Braavos, and Dany banishes Jorah for spying her.

Pity we have to wait two weeks for the 38th episode :(

They are flying through ADWD and AFFC. Theon already at Moat Cailin and Dany trying to deal with Yunkai.

Makes me convinced S5 is going to wrap up ADWD and AFFC material. And some characters (Bran, Sansa, Brienne) may even be in TWOW territory next year.

EDIT:

At the very least Dany's storyline will end where it does in ADWD. No way they have a fan favorite park her butt in Mereen for a season and a half without flying off on Drogo.

At the very least Dany's storyline will end where it does in ADWD. No way they have a fan favorite park her butt in Mereen for a season and a half without flying off on Drogo.

Yep. IMO the only question for Dany's arc next season is if her dragon flight will occur in the season finale, or episode 7/8.

Archived