(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

As far as Moat Cailin goes, I think there's zero chance that Yara is there or appears in this episode. It doesn't make any sense for her to go there, she'll head back to Pyke and I'm hoping in the finale we'll finally have Balon die, either when she gets there or right before. They better not have him die off-screen as that would be ridiculously anticlimatic and since we aren't subject to the POV limitations of the books, they have no reason not to show the 3rd of the leech prophecies actually occurring. Make it mysterious if you have to hide the nature of the death but just show it for crying out loud. "Oh Yara, BTW's, your dad died a while ago. Weird huh?" would suck ass.

I also don't think they'll be anything in the way of "action" at Moat Cailin. I think they'll stick to the books and have Theon ride in to the decimated lands with all the dead bodies (as we saw in the trailers) find all the Ironborn in really rough shape, convince Ralf Kenning to surrender and they'll ride out to Ramsay and he'll do something nasty to them (probably more implied than anything too lengthy).

It also appears as if Ramsay is prepping Theon for his mission outdoors somewhere and not at the Dreadfort so it wouldn't surprise me if Ramsay is coming with Theon and camping not that far away from Moat Cailin. This means they won't have to bring everyone back to the Dreadfort and then back to Moat Cailin again to meet with Roose's army. Ramsay will be right there to accept the surrender. This also means we might get the entire sequence of Ramsay meeting Roose's army afterwards which basically would close off that arc for the season.

^I think the Boltons and Reek will all return for the finale as well. At least for a minute or two to set up the greatness that is to come from them next season. They could give us "rue the day" or "I owe you much and more". Something to hold us over for a year. That's not just wishful thinking (though obviously it is in part) but I think the finale will feature every storyline just like the previous ones. There'll just be massive moments as well as set up and falling action.

^This is what I'm expecting wrt Theon and the Boltons. It wouldn't surprise me if Balon died in ep 10 right after, or right before, a conversation at the Wall about Mel's powers.

I'm also hoping for as few story lines as possible next episode, but that said, does anyone think we'll get more of Brienne? Every scene with her and Pod has advanced either the story or her character development so far. Whose ear does she rip off, do y'all think?

I do not think ramsay and roose will reunite in episode 8. To stuff the entire moat cailin sequence and the ramsay roose conversation into one epiosde is too much considering all the other strorylines that will occur in a 53 minute episode. plus the ramsay roose scene makes more sense in 10 as that episode is titled the children. I think their sequence in 8 will end with reek presenting the ironborn to ramsay and him betraying them. Then in 10 roose arrives and reunites with ramsay.

As far as Moat Cailin goes, I think there's zero chance that Yara is there or appears in this episode. It doesn't make any sense for her to go there, she'll head back to Pyke and I'm hoping in the finale we'll finally have Balon die, either when she gets there or right before.

Her appearance is unlikely, but Moat Cailin would be a shortcut back to Pyke, no? Didn't she only sail around the whole of Westeros for subtlety in attacking the Dreadfort? "The Children" definitely applies to Balon/Yara as well. So many possible meanings.

Her appearance is unlikely, but Moat Cailin would be a shortcut back to Pyke, no? Didn't she only sail around the whole of Westeros for subtlety in attacking the Dreadfort? "The Children" definitely applies to Balon/Yara as well. So many possible meanings.

I might not be 100% familiar with the waterways of Westeros but I don't think there's any way to sail her huge longship "through" Westeros back to Pyke. I think she has to go back the way she came.

Moat Cailin is basically landlocked. It's on the causeway that has a bunch of bogs and swamps around it. It's not on the Narrow Sea or anything like that so unless Yara's planning on jogging halfway across Westeros to get home, I don't get why she'd bother with Moat Cailin.

As Konradsmith said, we know Hound will fight Vale knights. It's possible the neck bite infection gets him in the end, but he will be wounded in the fight against the Vale soldiers as well. Also, Rory said he was in (paraphrasing) "3 or 4 fight scenes this season." There's the inn fight in episode one, and the one in this episode. Needs one more or he was way off. He's definitely fighting one last time. Only question is whether it will be in episode eight or ten.

Yea I'm leaning towards 8 simply because there is so much going on in episode 10, while I feel there may be some room in episode 8 for that scene. Not to mention I would expect the only Arya scene in episode 10 to be her getting on the boat to Braavos.

Does this actually mean she will be in the episode or could they just be using a picture of her from earlier in the season?

Yes, they always put a picture with the corresponding episodes a week before they air.

Theon seems to have shorter hair now. I'm kinda disappointed that most unsullied reviewers consider the Bolton Storyline as "pointless". I hope that changes soon since Theon is gonna be one of the main characters in Season 5.

The stakes get higher when they take Winterfell, plan FArya (so they can legitimately rule the North) and start interacting with Stannis and Jon. Not sure FArya is even gonna happen, but once most of what I mentioned comes up, the Unsullied will definitely have greater interest. This season pretty much just deals with the Reek transformation.

At the moment, the Bolton/Greyjoy chess piece game isn't as engrossing as the trial by combat, an incoming wildling attack or the Eyrieneese Knot (with Sansa there and Brienne and Arya on the way). Can't blame the Unsullied.

The Ramsay/Roose scene in the finale might end with Ramsay being legitimised. Or a promise to legitimise him, because I doubt he'll just have the document there with him.

They should troll the show-only people by having Roose say something to Ramsay like "we've captured 'Arya Stark' and you will be marrying her". But of course "Arya Stark" isn't actually Arya Stark.

But don't show any Arya scenes afterwards.

The Ramsay/Roose scene in the finale might end with Ramsay being legitimised. Or a promise to legitimise him, because I doubt he'll just have the document there with him.

Thinking the same except Ser Pounce doesn't make anymore appearances this season (jk).. but I'd love a scene of Tommen signing royal decree's for the lulz with Ser Pounce walking across the table - would be a nice "Dammit Tommen.. you're awesome but don't sign that one!" kind of thing.

I'm not very satisfied with the CGI view of Moat Catlin. Mereen and Braavos have been spot on, but I really don't like the direction they've gone with the moat.Can't they make the Hounds "death" be a consequence of the neck wound he's received from Biter in 4x07? I think there's no nees to include another fight (those last three episodes are already very crowded with action), and the groundwork has already been done with the Hound refusing Arya to burn his wound.

Me too. Hound's bite is going to fester, just like Arya said. Ironic that ,this time, fire could've saved his life. Yeah, time to send Arya to Braavos.

Really going to miss the Brienne/Rorge/Biter scene though. :(. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of unCat instead. :)

Archived