The new Satin [Possible Spoiler]

Farco Sterling

Dareon was in season one. No good reason they can't bring him back, though maybe a different actor. I'm not sure why they'd cast an actor as Dareon at all if they weren't going to later use the character, though.

Well, they've been reducing the number of characters elsewhere. I suspect that Daeron's role in Sam's trip will be taken over by Pip. He used to be a singer, he's a friend of Sam, Jon probably trusts him more than a random Brother.

And it would make for more of an emotional impact when he deserts and Arya kills him.

I doubt that Pip has anything important left to do at the Wall.

^That was a woman.

Are you sure you saw what you saw?

Well, they've been reducing the number of characters elsewhere. I suspect that Daeron's role in Sam's trip will be taken over by Pip. He used to be a singer, he's a friend of Sam, Jon probably trusts him more than a random Brother.

And it would make for more of an emotional impact when he deserts and Arya kills him.

I doubt that Pip has anything important left to do at the Wall.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see this change happen. It'd be sad, but it's not like this Pyp is particularly well-characterized. Or anyone at the Wall for that matter.

Satin is a pretty easy character to cut. He is another one of Jon's brothers, who is far more often described by his former profession or his looks than his personality. And I'm not talking about the books, I'm talking about fans talking about the books. Ser Pounce is a far more important addition than Satin.

Or, let me put it this way, would you accept Satin being removed from the show if it meant more scenes with Dolorous Edd?

Satin is a pretty easy character to cut. He is another one of Jon's brothers, who is far more often described by his former profession or his looks than his personality. And I'm not talking about the books, I'm talking about fans talking about the books. Ser Pounce is a far more important addition than Satin.

Or, let me put it this way, would you accept Satin being removed from the show if it meant more scenes with Dolorous Edd?

This.

Yes, yes I would. TVEdd is perfect......and his presence just begs for more Eddisms.

I totally agree, and yes, I'd cut Satin for more Edd. He had some funny lines in season 2, and I'd like to see more of that.

I don't think Sam will be going to Oldtown in the HBO series and I don't think there will be a trip to Braavos en route. Not enough time to fit everything in. I think Sam will learn what he needs to learn from the library at Castle Black. I am still not sure where GRRM is going with that arc in the book - although it appears to end with dragons. I don't think HBO will go there.

I think the village boy will end up being Jon's steward, and he will do what others have said. He saw Ygritte kill his parents - the camera showed that clearly. He knows who she is.

I don't think they will waste time on Satin, although I like him in the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived