Halt & Catch Fire - new AMC show

AncalagonTheBlack

I really wanted to like this show. I believe I gave it 5 or 6 episodes before falling off the wagon and not getting back on. It just didn't develop like I'd hoped, and I had a lot of issues with the writing not being very good for some scenes. But I can be pretty picky about that kind of stuff, so maybe it's just me. I did enjoy the time period aspect of it, and I think Lee Pace did a good job. But I never got attached to any of the characters either. If the next season greatly improved, perhaps I'd try it again with some convincing.

AMC is going to have a hard time making a show as captivating and quality as Breaking Bad or Mad Men, in my opinion. Looking forward to Better Call Saul.

I stuck with it to the end, and I'll continue if a second season comes up. I wasn't always entertained or completely able to comprehend what was going on, but it had enough worthwhile elements. It was certainly more interesting during the convention episodes with their do-or-die premise.

What on earth was up with the car theft? That just came out of nowhere and wasn't mentioned again.

I stuck with it to the end, and I'll continue if a second season comes up. I wasn't always entertained or completely able to comprehend what was going on, but it had enough worthwhile elements. It was certainly more interesting during the convention episodes with their do-or-die premise.

What on earth was up with the car theft? That just came out of nowhere and wasn't mentioned again.

The car theft was just one of those random scenes the show would throw in every once in a while.

• 5 weeks later...

I came to this show for Lee Pace (because <3 Lee Pace) , but actually his characters wasn't that good.
As everyone is saying , they made him a poor lookalike fot Don Draper. But he is missing Don's best bits. He is not nearly as charismatic. I mean everytime he wanted to sell himself it fell a little flat.
His best parts were when he differentiated from Don. For example Don would never lose his shit in front of a costumer. He would yell , maybe get angry but he would leave the room with his dead held high, because he is a narsicist.
Joe, on the other hand, came many times to a position, were he was losing an argument , and simply had nothing more to add to save his situation, and was frustrated that the other person couldn't understand his perfect vision. Joe is acting like a spoiled kid who thinks that the world owes him everything, just because!
And in that moments , i think , he shined most.

Luckily the show was renewed for a second season, because i want to see more of Donna.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Season 2 has been fantastic, but I am a bit disappointed about how many innovations they're shoehorning into the show and these characters. I loved how addicted the Clark girls were to Super Mario Brothers, that really took me back. :lol:

Archived