TTTNE 428 : The RhaenysBalerion Appreciation Thread

N/A

I didn't see anything that stood out... what'd I miss?

Maybe you didn't? Did you not find a particular thread.... fishy? ;)

:grouphug: right back. Doing ok. Life is moving and so far i am keeping up the pace.

SB!!!!! Welcome back to TTTNE, have a beer :cheers:

Maybe you didn't? Did you not find a particular thread.... fishy? ;)SB!!!!! Welcome back to TTTNE, have a beer :cheers:

Hmmmmm, do you mean the happy birthday Wally thread? I posted on page 1, I think. It was a pretty bare post because trying to linky stuff via phone is like torture. Your post was awesome though.

I did find this pure gold:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/110431-high-elf-battling-evil-morgoth-attacks-oregon-womans-car/

^ for you LadyQ

Space Bandito!!!! It's so great to see the bucket of chicken hat again!!! :cheers:

Hello y'all.

I *wanted* to go to work, but my colleagues sent me back home when they saw me - I must have looked quite bad, and they are right, I don't feel this good at all.

Tomorrow, I have a day off and I'll relax a great deal I guess.

Welcome back, Space Bandito! :cheers:

An ice-cold pilsener from my side of the World, golden like a Lannister's hair.

<looks at Zar> That sounds like a proper Pilsener I'd expect to come from my place. ;o) Like König (!!!) Pilsener which is one of my favorites actually.

Sorry didn't read up..

I did it!!

I passed the test with a 3 point margin! :D :commie: :commie:

Congrats, Smurf!

Sorry didn't read up..

I did it!!

Congratulations! :commie: :cheers: You find out straight away? I have to wait until August! :uhoh:

Congratulations! :commie: :cheers: You find out straight away? I have to wait until August! :uhoh:

Usually it takes about a week but I think she did my test first since I wasn't part of the actual class :)

Thank you both! :cheers:

Good day spammers!

I'm happy today :) The Annual shareholders meeting for the co-op was done yesterday and a new board was elected. We managed to avoid having Mr. Superannoying Neighbour on the board, for which I am soooo glad. And at work negotiations I'm part of were concluded officially today. Wooopie!

In all seriousness, are there any good local brews there? Maine is known for a few good ones. Helped harvest some local spruce for a good Spring beer.

Hey SB! :grouphug: That beer sound interesting, I'd love to try it. Does it resemble IPA?

Sorry didn't read up..

I did it!!

YAY! Well done!

*I told you so-dance*

Second to last thread in page one? Not good, not good!

In all seriousness, are there any good local brews there? Maine is known for a few good ones. Helped harvest some local spruce for a good Spring beer.

A lot of people that visit seem lo like this one. It's the quintessential experience (it's like going to Central Park in New York). On the other hand, this beer is significantly good when it's very, very cold (which is the normal way to drink beers here anyway because SUMMER EXPLOSION). Most Beers tend to feel very light and summery here (I think it's a 5.0% alcoholic content) and they're not hoppy. My experience is that I think the only places where I've had beer served "the Latin way" is in Australian venues. (One in Paris comes to mind, I was impressed, since I normally expect beer to be warmer than my local norm when I'm abroad). It's an artform to keep beer in your freezer and take it out just in time before it gets ruined (exhibit A).

There's a Pale Lager that I've heard rates better among the snobs (I'm not a fan of that one, but then again). It's this one:

<looks at Zar> That sounds like a proper Pilsener I'd expect to come from my place. ;o) Like König (!!!) Pilsener which is one of my favorites actually.

*googled*. Yes, that's what it looks like. How do Germans take their beer?

I did it!!

Congratulations!

I haven't read back. I'm totally stressed. I should be gone already, but here I sit. Spent the whole morning trying to print my resume. I know I should have done it yesterday, so it is all my own fault. Doesn't stop me from being made at the hubby though. I don't have any ink in my printer, so I have to use his computer, but our versions of MS Word are different (he has MS works word processor) and it kept screwing up the formatting on my resume. I ended up installing his printer on my lap top, but had to unplug it from his, then plug it back in, of course (from the back of the computer) Copies are now printing.

Hope everyone has a lovely day :kiss:

Sorry didn't read up..

I did it!!

Congrats! :cheers:

Here comes an uber-monster multi post. First of these I've done in a while.

Thanks Lany! And yes, Chickee's birth is numero uno.

I would think in addition to the fear of you leaving they probably feel they can get a less experienced person to take less money (a guess, of course).

Congrats to HC and LadyO on the wedding anniversaries.

Thanks RB!

HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY HC!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Thanks LO! Did I read correctly that you & Mr.O celebrated an anniversary recently? Happy anniversary to you both!!

Well yeah that was supposed to be humor ...

Happy anniversary HC :cheers: 25 years wow , awesome ! My parents' next anniversary is their 28th but you're way older than my dad .

Thanks Tates!

Happy anniversary to your folks as well!

I can't be that much older than your dad? What is he, 55? 57?

Happy anniversary HC! :cheers:

Thanks First! Awesome Oscar Wilde quotes. I've never read any of his work. It appears I've been missing out.

Nope, I'm from the UK. The Taters is surprised to like me, since I am both British and Red-Headed. But as for the red head business, its the magic of.double standards

It's awesome that we have red heads here (you and Mark mainly unless I'm missing some).

As it happened, Mrs.Chicken & I returned to the topic of my brother's red hair at our anniversary supper out last night (Korean food).

My sister was strawberry blonde as a child but now is red without a hint of blonde. I was auburn as a child but my draft card (age 19) says "blonde", and my beard (if you saw the picture I posted last winter) & body hair are red - so I'm a mix.

Our bro has always been red. Just red.

Yet Mrs.C is adamant that his hair is brown. While it is true it darkened considerably as he aged, it is clearly a deep, deep red. Also, genetically the red hair gene doesn't go away based on temporary color shifts. For me, when I say my brother is a red head, I'm talking about the genetics. No matter. Any time I want to argue with Mrs.C I can just bring up the hair color thing and she's ready to go another round.

Happy 25th Anniversary HC and Mrs HC! :cheers:

Happy nameday Wally!

good luck to those taking exams today, or in the near future

FoMN: Oscar Wilde is awesome, my usual screen name is an homage to The Importance of Being Earnest

Thanks Elg!

Hey, you have twins, right? A poster over on the introductions thread in GenChat said that she has twins as well. I think they're close in age to yours, but not sure.

Happy wedding anniversary, HC! :cheers:

Oscar Wilde is awesome. And would make a great TTTNE theme, to be sure.

Thanks Your Grace!

wrt Wilde, I think I'm a convert!

Hey everyone! I just found out some interesting news. I recently did Ancestry DNA and found out that have 15% of my genetic make up from The general Great Britain area, 1% Native American and the rest from like 7 different countries in Africa. This is cool since slavery in the US made it difficult for many people to trace their families and now I at least have some idea where I come from which is cool

Hi One!

That's very interesting. I am sort of surprised more of your makeup (genetically speaking) isn't European. 15%? I would have guessed closer to 50.

There are many "white" Americans who have African heritage as well and don't know it.

A researcher from the University of Vermont went looking into the fate of a village in Vermont that was settled by runaway slaves in the early 19th century. Today there is no sign of an African ancestry there. But through testing found that the villagers of today maintain that African genetic line without knowing. In other words, the black villagers intermarried with the white over the decades and "disappeared", but the genetic legacy remains though hidden.

Cheers to the best kind of spam -- that filled with the tastiest of untasteful things -- friendship. Hope everyone is doing well.

"the tastiest of untasteful things -- friendship."

Well said SB!!

SB, long time no see! How are you?

Hi Gillovic! How are you & your family doing? Well I hope!

Sorry didn't read up..

I did it!!

I passed the test with a 3 point margin!

Congrats Smurf! excellent!

If I read the name Bandura once more I might break down in tears

Bandara? Explain, please.

Good day spammers!

I'm happy today The Annual shareholders meeting for the co-op was done yesterday and a new board was elected. We managed to avoid having Mr. Superannoying Neighbour on the board, for which I am soooo glad. And at work negotiations I'm part of were concluded officially today. Wooopie!

Hey Eyron!

Happy your vote turned out as you wished.

Where's our friend Odie?? Not to say you are responsible for keeping track of her just because you're both Swedish. It's just that responding to you made me think of her too.

I haven't read back. I'm totally stressed. I should be gone already, but here I sit. Spent the whole morning trying to print my resume. I know I should have done it yesterday, so it is all my own fault. Doesn't stop me from being made at the hubby though. I don't have any ink in my printer, so I have to use his computer, but our versions of MS Word are different (he has MS works word processor) and it kept screwing up the formatting on my resume. I ended up installing his printer on my lap top, but had to unplug it from his, then plug it back in, of course (from the back of the computer) Copies are now printing.

Sorry to hear about the stress Lany.

Hope the printing worked and you get the job!!

Congratz, Smurf

Hey Nero!

How's your life, school and etc.? Am I right to assume you are not in the boarding school yet and that will happen in the fall? And how's your mother? Hope she has not had any relapses!

AK, if you read this, know that I and others (Helena & the liars thread in particular) have been thinking of you and hoping your health hasn't failed you again! :grouphug:

Hey folks. My weekend has begun already! :commie:

Congratulations Kungs!

Awesome! Mine starts at 430pm tomorrow and goes till Tuesday morning so I can't wait. Have fun!

Also Pollo (love the name btw) honestly I think the 15 percent is fairly large for someone like me, since it shows (and I know for a fact) that I have closer white descendants ( I think 3x grandfathers) than just what would have been expected as a result of slavery. I also know that I have an ancestor that married a Native American but that is only 1% of my makeup.

I think all this science stuff is cool that you can start to trace your family

Archived